Chelsea v Man City (FA Cup Semi-Final) Sat 17th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

13 minutes ago, just said:

Gol, I don't want to appear churlish after such a great result but Dave, Rudiger, James and Chilwel all hit more long, forward balls than Jorginho today!

Why can he not be more adventurous with his passing?  I stress again, passing is what defines him as a player. Why can't he turn defending into attack with a sweep of his foot? Is it lack of ability?  Lack of vision? Lack of self-belief? It is why there will always a question mark against him, his passing is too one dimensional. It is not expansive enough.

The same people regularly jump on Kante when he mis-places a pass or two and completely miss the fact that passing is not his forte, it is not what defines him as player. Winning the ball, closing down opponents and carrying the ball at pace to transition defence to attack is his forte and he rarely fails. In fact he is still one of the best there is at those skills.

He doesn't need to pass like James if he can find Mount going into the final third, its' all about progressive passes and Jorginho is good at that and that led to our winning goal today, he has been doing that for 3 seasons now. He can switch to the opposite flank and keep possession going, he has done his role today as a standard of the previous seasons, I don't see Rodri, Gundogan and others constantly passing the long ball either.

Jorginho had just a few long balls today with mixed success but he had 10 duels won and a good amount of recoveries so this myth that he can only do a 5 yard pass and nothing else is just blatant disrespect, this isn't the first time he had a good game vs Man City either. He's quality and he has done well in some of the biggest games, every team needs someone like him that can pass the ball around and keep possession and he's doing his role regardless if it's with Kante or Kovacic.

Dare I say it we play like Germany , funny that. Everyone knows their role. You can see a perfect 5 3 2 or 7 2 1 towards the end, never lose our shape and nothing between the lines

and to state the obvious a big F off number 9 who bangs them in for fun and that’s us I reckon 👍

36 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I admire your consistency :good2:

I am waiting for someone to figure out what I am getting at.  It's a difficult one, but maybe someone will figure it out. 

Hint:  Monte Carlo Open (men's tennis tournament going on this week).

Bweh.    Bweeeehhhhh.

Well?

Edited by Phillip

8 minutes ago, andy said:

Dare I say it we play like Germany , funny that. Everyone knows their role. You can see a perfect 5 3 2 or 7 2 1 towards the end, never lose our shape and nothing between the lines

and to state the obvious a big F off number 9 who bangs them in for fun and that’s us I reckon 👍

Tuchel is now the first German to reach the FA Cup final as well.

5 minutes ago, Phillip said:

I am waiting for someone to figure out what I am getting at.  It's a difficult one, but maybe someone will figure it out. 

Hint:  Monte Carlo Open (men's tennis tournament going on this week).

Bweh.    Bweeeehhhhh.

Well?

It’s the whistle. 

2 minutes ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Except for the WBA game, we have become a completely different team under Tuchel. I love that guy.

I still do not understand how that WBA farce happened.

2 minutes ago, Phillip said:

And please, for the FA Cup Final, please NO ANTHONY TAYLOR.

Shoot, I would rather Tommy Obredo come out of retirement and do the final than Taylor if push comes to shove.

Yeah if we get him then no point playing the game. As bad as Dean was Taylor makes him look like a Chelsea fan in comparission.

Flying hiiiigh, up in the sky, we keep the blue flag flying high,

From Stamford Bridge to Wembley, we keep the blue flag flying high!!!

come on Chelsea! Come on Chelsea! Come on Chelsea! 

Ziggi zagga, ziggi zagga, oí oí oí!

36 minutes ago, big blue said:

I just think Jorginho is a pessimistic player, I did see a few times where he turned down a ball over the top to play it safe and keep possession. Mikel played the position very similar. It is frustrating at times, but as long as Jorginho is being dogged, and disciplined off the ball, and helping us progress the ball out of defence and recycle possession, then i am happy, especially in the big games where we arent looking to break down 10 man behind the ball. 

I thought Jorginho and Kante were fantastic again.

Yep wouldn't argue with that BB. A lot of parallels with Mikel.

There was an example picked up in the 2nd half match commentary of Werner making a run and Jorginho not attempting the pass. It is how he plays and many people are happy with that, safe, keeps possession, makes the stats look great. Fair enough. But for me I see it as a big limitation and I think he could be a completely different player if he was more adventurous, more creative, tried to prompt the transition, change the tempo, by attempting more early, longer balls. As I said, he is sitting deep and can see the whole pitch in front of him, he can see the space. Especially when we have a forward with Werner's pace.

3 minutes ago, just said:

There was an example picked up in the 2nd half match commentary of Werner making a run and Jorginho not attempting the pass. It is how he plays and many people are happy with that, safe, keeps possession, makes the stats look great. Fair enough. But for me I see it as a big limitation and I think he could be a completely different player if he was more adventurous, more creative, tried to prompt the transition, change the tempo, by attempting more early, longer balls. As I said, he is sitting deep and can see the whole pitch in front of him, he can see the space. Especially when we have a forward with Werner's pace.

Think both him and Mikel are capable of playing that ball. Either they decide not to or are told not to.

27 minutes ago, just said:

It is frustrating because he has shown on occasion he has it in his locker, even the palace game last week he played a couple of quality balls. Cant teach an old dog new tricks though, so i think he will always revert to type when the pressure is on.