Chelsea v Man City (FA Cup Semi-Final) Sat 17th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

A game between two tired team. That one extra day rest really helped us.

We didn't look troubled at the back. Tons of praise to everyone but you can tell both team are tired. 

City made 8 changes to the midweek team, rusty maybe not tired. 

10 hours ago, Jezz said:

Quoting myself, but I think that was Tuchel's best win to date.

His reaction after the game said it all. He looked very proud.

True...

I am not surprised by the result but am by the nature of the win..

I expected a 1 nil win but to be under siege constantly and needing a lot of luck not to concede..And a tense watch..

But it was a relaxing watch with us not letting City play their natural game...

TBH they didnt look like scoring unless Dean gave them a penalty..

6 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

City made 8 changes to the midweek team, rusty maybe not tired. 

Ahh made sense. It was a very weird game closer to league game after ucl game. I feel like both team play like this what we have, we won't push too much, if we win great if we lose doesn't matter and more importantly we don't want extra time. 

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Very real chance this game was now pointless and we could be kicked out of the cup soon.

...........and be replaced by who , another one of the band of six or Sheffield Utd ? 

Don’t underestimate the greed of the associations, FA, UEFA, FIFA, PL et al. -  No way the FA are gonna give up on their cash cow big pay day in May imo, besides , Leicester are hardly much of a draw , the FA will want and need one of the “renegades’ to make it somewhat appealing to the global fan base , I mean Leicester v Sheffield Utd isn’t going to break tv audience  viewing figures and the advertising executives will know this to :indifferent0018: imo ?

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

...........and be replaced by who , another one of the band of six or Sheffield Utd ? 

Don’t underestimate the greed of the associations, FA, UEFA, FIFA, PL et al. -  No way the FA are gonna give up on their cash cow big pay day in May imo, besides , Leicester are hardly much of a draw , the FA will want and need one of the “renegades’ to make it somewhat appealing to the global fan base , I mean Leicester v Sheffield Utd isn’t going to break tv audience  viewing figures and the advertising executives will know this to :indifferent0018: imo ?

It depends on whose ego is bigger

On 18/04/2021 at 15:05, reparto corse said:

Why? There are clearly similarities between the two. Both play the holding midfield position very conservatively and rarely venture forward. Jorginho is better with his feet, has a better understanding of the game and is more technical but Mikel was definitely stronger defensively due to his physique (particularly in the air). 

Don't take this the wrong way but you kinda proved my point.