Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

I just hope we have a fair and balanced Officiating performance from the referee. The Spanish press have been spewing their conspiracy theories all day about how UEFA will dick Real over due to their beef with Perez. It doesnt help that PSG women got 3 penalties against BArca Yesterday and we know Barca haven't officially left the super league. I expect this match to go like all our matches against Spanish teams with lots of Diving, imaginary card waving , and Play acting. 

We will need all our experienced players to play their parts today.

2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I just hope we have a fair and balanced Officiating performance from the referee. The Spanish press have been spewing their conspiracy theories all day about how UEFA will dick Real over due to their beef with Perez. It doesnt help that PSG women got 3 penalties against BArca Yesterday and we know Barca haven't officially left the super league. I expect this match to go like all our matches against Spanish teams with lots of Diving, imaginary card waving , and Play acting. 

We will need all our experienced players to play their parts today.

You hope for too much against a team of serial cheaters lol.

21 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Looking like Real will be matching us with 3 at the back just like they did against Atalanta.  The midfield will be key . Hopefully the Kante twins and Mount can protect Jorginho. 

Lucifer

Militao      Varane     Nacho

Carvarhal   Modric   Casemerio   Kroos   Marcelo

Benzema         Vinicious.

I was right about reals team. having Azpi at RWB is totally stipid. We need  James pushing him back

21 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Looking like Real will be matching us with 3 at the back just like they did against Atalanta.  The midfield will be key . Hopefully the Kante twins and Mount can protect Jorginho. 

Lucifer

Militao      Varane     Nacho

Carvarhal   Modric   Casemerio   Kroos   Marcelo

Benzema         Vinicious.

Spot on mate 👏

Just now, The Don Antonio said:

I was right about reals team. having Azpi at RWB is totally stipid. We need  James pushing him back

I did postulate earlier on that that line up defensively against West ham he may well have done with madrid in mind, and looks like TT did indeed do that.

15 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

Random hypothetical:

Say Kanté or Jorginho were to get injured in the warmup or were for whatever reason suddenly unavailable to start tonight - who do you think Tuchel puts in as his emergency centre mid?

Please feel free to give different answers based on which of the two would need replacing.

Anyone before Billy. 

Dave as a RWB is not good. 

Personally I don't mind if we lose this tie, as long as we don't get embarrassed; we have a young side and getting this far against the mighty Real Madrid is an achievement in itself and can only add experience to the younger players.  If we do get to the final we would have over excelled IMO. 

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I think madrid will send Vincius down our right to work with Marcelo.

Yep, exactly what they did v Liverpool, marcelo up high allowing vinicius to get beyond Alexander Arnold.