Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

I’m not happy although we have played brilliantly we have had the chances that you would expect to put the tie beyond them.

Timo is atrocious and the players always second guessing feeding him in get havertz on at half time get the second and go back to the bridge with a lead.

Tgey have created nothing that’s never a 1-1 game, never 

3 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Cant blame the defence for that goal. Yes you can pick out mistakes but thats what you call a world class strike from a top class player creating it for himself. His link up play is excellent too. 

They had 2 headed passes inside our box before benzema controlled and shot despite being surrounded. Not giod enough If we want to win the biggest prize in football

If only our players could pass in the final third!

Good so far. Missed the equaliser, a the streams have been up and down all half, looks like we switched off.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Overall, we have been good, but that half felt like a wasted opportunity.

That’s exactly what it was it’s gutting we absolutely opened them apart time after time and have away a cheap goal.

Happy we are playing at this level but not happy at all about wasting those chances 

Our midfield is holding up pretty well compared to theirs. I thought that Kroos, Modric and Casemiro would be too much for Kante and Jorginho but so far we look very good. 

Second half will be very interesting. I doubt that Zidane will be satisfied with this score, but if they get on attack much and  concede on the counter they are as good as gone. 

Edited by mm24

As I said earlier how do we expect to get through when they have Benzema and we have Werner. Swap they around and we are 0-3 at the break and crusing.

This is why I still planned his display against West ham. Yes he scored the winner but him missing sitter after sitter did not cost us then but it is costing us now.

Ah... we could get a good 2-0 in the first half, what a chance by Werner... How many times did we say it this season?

Very good game, our speed in the counter attack is fantastic. We're more dangerous than Real in counter attacks, we need to play on Mount and Pulisic to make these runs, Real can't deal with it.

We can make it and win it, I'm very confident about the team and Tuchel, we must be focused because the pitch is wet. 

I can say that we have played better in this half, let's just win it! COME ON CHELS!!!

Can somebody remind me what chances bar that one Werner f‘ed up? And how many amazing passes he received? I‘d say he‘s rather part of the reason why Madrid don‘t get any decent flow to their game and missed one big chance (which was partly due those extra long feet of C.). Forum is way too harsh on him today 

Decision making in the final 3rd a problem again, probably should have been 2 goals up before they scored.

Played really well though, look the better team.

Just now, Zeta said:

If only our players could pass in the final third!

Good so far. Missed the equaliser, a the streams have been up and down all half, looks like we switched off.

Not really switched off. I'd argue we weren't expecting a world class pass from Marcelo and Azpi was beaten for that first header

I have seen enough of Werner and our midfield to say without doubt the midfield is very complicit in our attack not working as it should. 

Shocking the number of times Werner or any other player makes a run and the midfielder fails to even try to play him through with a quick pass. That's how you unlock defences especially when you have pace. 

Otherwise it's a case of every man beating the man he comes up against. What are the odds of that happening and scoring goals. That's our problem. 

And the few occasions they pass they rarely give a good pass. 

Good half, better decisions and more clinical and we’d be sitting pretty. I don’t like to have a go at strikers but Timo has to show more predatory instinct in front of goal. Add to this his runs when in good positions don’t give good angle or create space. Great goal by Pulisic and Benzema showed just what having a top class striker can do with a half chance. We can win this!

What a great half of football. We have largely outplayed Madrid and should have scored more than 1. 

No complaints about their goal - great finish. Just hope we can nick another and come away with at least a draw but whatever the outcome can honestly say very proud of the team so far tonight.

COME ON THE CHELS!!!

And Real have not even brought on Eden yet.

What are we going to do? Leave Werner on so he can show of his pace and mess up any chance that comes his way. 

TT is a really smart guy but playing Werner is costing us this game.

Our players keep second guessing in the final third. When in doubt, just shoot. Werner going on the outside right will never score from that position. 

2 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

Would not be a bad idea to get Havertz on the second half.

At this stage the priority should be to win this game, and Havertz for Timo would be my choice. If it affects Timo mentally and dents his confidence, so be it, but we can not afford to waste chances like he does.