Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

Our poor decision making and final ball up top has been really poor and that goes further than just blaming Werner (who has been poor), those passes that went out for goal kicks in particular were shocking. Their midfield 3 are coming more into the game now as well so need to take advantage of the space we're getting up front.

I imagine the way Benzema makes me feel when he has the ball near our goal is the exact opposite how the opposition feel when Werner has the ball in a similar position.

Edited by chiefBlueCFC
i can't string together a complete thought

Just now, evissy said:

Don't know about you guys but the football played in CL in general is more enjoyable to me. Prem is all about running up and down with less purpose. 

Maybe we should break away and create our own super league....I wonder if anyone has ever thought about doing that before

19 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

They had 2 headed passes inside our box before benzema controlled and shot despite being surrounded. Not giod enough If we want to win the biggest prize in football

What's not good enough is our killer instinct when we have a chance at goal. Thats the reason why Real are level.

1 minute ago, evissy said:

Don't know about you guys but the football played in CL in general is more enjoyable to me. Prem is all about running up and down with less purpose. 

At this stage of the competition you would expect decent quality. There is plenty of average football and dullness in the group stages. While it is great having a game in the semi against teams like Real Madrid that excitement would diminish if you were playing them in regular league games every season.

1 minute ago, just said:

Everyone happy with that ball in to Werner from Kante. 

Just checking it wasn't too spinny or too hard, too soft, too drifty?

I thought it was just right myself but of course Werner couldn't make anything of it.

Kante passed it to early ffs!

1 minute ago, just said:

Everyone happy with that ball in to Werner from Kante. 

Just checking it wasn't too spinny or too hard, too soft, too drifty?

I thought it was just right myself but of course Werner couldn't make anything of it.

The defending he gets is incredible. It’s beyond anything I’ve seen for any of our players before. I don’t remember Torres, Morata, even a top scoring Abraham getting given so many excuses as to why they’re unable to finish a chance from 3 yards out.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The defending he gets is incredible. It’s beyond anything I’ve seen for any of our players before. I don’t remember Torres, Morata, even a top scoring Abraham getting given so many excuses as to why they’re unable to finish a chance from 3 yards out.

Defence or support ?

8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

He’s been outstanding this season for us. I think you’re underestimating how good the pay from Benzema was there’s probably only two strikers in the world who could do that. Him and Lewandowski, it was incredible centre forward play.

Outstanding is probably a stretch. Done his job in the three for sure since Tuchel joined. 

For mine as a defender it's about how you shape the game, limit the options. You don't give space to a guy like Benzema to do brilliant things. It's about being proactive not reactive. Don't stand there and watch and then throw your hands up and say oh there's nothing I could do. 

Put your body in the mix and make him earn it. This is a Champions League semi not some youth league game.

Edited by Spiller86

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

None of those had lovely blue eyes and a cheeky smile :wink:

Just now, coco said:

Defence or support ?

Defence. It’s “support” for Timo but none of those other players I mentioned deserved it? They were fair game to slaughter despite none of them missing the types of chances Werner does.