Chelsea fixtures since 01/03 -- 

Played: 9

Won: 6

Drawn: 1

Lost: 2

GF: 15

GA: 7

Clean sheets: 6

At a glance, we're better definitely (minus the West Brom debacle), but less potent in attack. The standard of opposition faced over this period seems of a similar quality, at a push I'd say ours was tougher. 

So I think based on current form this is 50/50. I don't see either team scoring many goals across both legs. I think if we can get a score draw over there in the first leg, then progress in a nail biter at the bridge!

Edited by Hessleboink

On 15/04/2021 at 23:42, ozboy said:

If our midfield is fit we can run them off the park. Kronos and modric  are brilliant players but well past their best Benzema is equally clever and strong but also old. 

we are slight under dogs but we have a good chance. 

Don’t doubt there older players as they are still running like they are playing in there late 20s. English pundits thought the same with Liverpool that kroos and Modric can’t run anymore they could not be more wrong.  

11 minutes ago, Kova17 said:

Don’t doubt there older players as they are still running like they are playing in there late 20s. English pundits thought the same with Liverpool that kroos and Modric can’t run anymore they could not be more wrong.  

I disagree about modric. I have watched him since he was at Spurs and he doesn’t have quite as much these days. Their whole team had nothing left in the final 10 of their first leg against Liverpool. Like us they also have a fight on in the Ligue. I think we can out run them. 

44 minutes ago, ozboy said:

I disagree about modric. I have watched him since he was at Spurs and he doesn’t have quite as much these days. Their whole team had nothing left in the final 10 of their first leg against Liverpool. Like us they also have a fight on in the Ligue. I think we can out run them. 

Well ye he’s 35 years old but he still covers a lot of ground for his age. Modric still playing at a high level far from done. With Madrid playing all there older players every game as they want to win the league as well there older guys could get worn out. They looked tired against Liverpool second leg so you could be right. 

Edited by Kova17

On 15/04/2021 at 02:49, axman2526 said:

Am not but is great you are.

For me is a club with 14 CL titles vs a club with 1.

A manager with 3 titles CL victories against one with zero.

A club that buys the best players from the other.

Liverpool were underdogs against them, we are massively so.

Liverpool were the favourites against Real before the tie was made. Real were actually underestimated by the bookies going into their tie with Liverpool. I remember seeing the odds with skybet before the QF/SF draw was made and we were lower placed odds than Real to win the comp. After Porto then Dortmund, Real were least favoured team by bookies odds. Before the 1st leg started, Liverpool were fancied over the 2 legs. I think people are now taking Real seriously after their performance(s) against Liverpool.

Just had a thought. We were close to getting kicked out of CL because of the ESL but we withdrew....Perez is still refusing to withdraw and adamant that he wants it to happen one way or another. He also stated that "we all know who put the 40 protesters outside Stamford bridge there" could uefa still punish Real by kicking them out?

We got to be UEFAs favourite little pets at the mo would they give us a bye?

@Malta Blue I posted this other option the other day.

So where are we atm. Is The SL finished? Are Real still in the CL. Might we have to play Liverpool instead. Should Liverpool go on and win CL and come 5th in EPL and we claim 4th do we qualify next year or sink to Europa?”

25 minutes ago, goose said:

@Malta Blue I posted this other option the other day.

So where are we atm. Is The SL finished? Are Real still in the CL. Might we have to play Liverpool instead. Should Liverpool go on and win CL and come 5th in EPL and we claim 4th do we qualify next year or sink to Europa?”

Sorry didn't see it, I dint think I like that option very much though

I hope we play them and Real are not disqualified by UEFA, I truly believe we can beat them across 2 legs.

The only way Real beat us if we give them too much respect and our players play with this fallacy of gallacticos in their minds, I think Liverpool and Atalanta showed them too much respect and paid the price. We have a better defense, better wingbacks and better attacking wide players whereas they are superior in the CF and GK positions and the midfield in my view is fairly even. The concern is that they have superiority in 2 areas of the pitch which can really impact the game so hoping Benzema and the 🐍have a coupe of off nights.

We have been good in big games but in the smaller games we didn't manage much and as time passes by the squad's fitness level gets worse.

We simply must win against West Ham and suffer more against Real Madrid, any other tinkering and resting players for Madrid would put us at risk vs West Ham and that's simply unacceptable.

This is a scarey game to think about..Real are either going to thrash us, or, chelsea are going to produce the game of the season....No one can predict games nowadays with statistics...footy doesnt follow those patterns most of the time...

We can hope for a draw..

Or a 1 goal margin loss...

Thats it