Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

I know one shouldn't say things like that out loud but I'm super optimistic*! 😄

Especially when Kroos/Modric start along Marcelo. Possibly the slowest midfield in CL knockout-history? Also not seeing that much of a goal threat there. Great players for sure but they hate to run a lot and we love it (for some reason) so my bet is on a narrow win. Crossing fingers now and BRING IT ON!

* I mostly am though

Edited by weetee

On another note, how nice is it going into this run knowing there's one in the bag already? Previously the trying to get that elusive first one added further stress to the run.

City and PSG will be feeling that now which could give us a mental edge if we can get past Madrid.

Bring on Tottenham or The Arsenal, Bring on Scousers by the score, Barcelona, Real Madrid... Let's gooo!

real-chelsea.jpg

Ez9pIfOWYAQr0pa?format=jpg&name=small

This will be the 100th appearance for Mason Mount.

Ez-SZKvWUAQhSnx?format=jpg&name=small

Eden said after signing for Real that he would love to meet Chelsea every year, well his wish became a reality.

Ez2JC_aXoAQaYOW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Tuchel is one of the two managers that have faced Real Madrid in CL at least four times, without losing a single game.

Our record in away games under Tuchel:

10 games

8 wins

2 draws

0 losses

14 goals scored

3 goals conceded

Ez41ouXXsAIiXIY?format=jpg&name=large

Hakim Ziyech scored in both legs against Real the year when Ajax eliminated the 3peat CL champions.

Ez2J_wLXoAQ_J7C?format=jpg&name=900x900

chelsea-real-madrid-opta-h2h.png

I have not been this nervous about the start of a game all season. I think it is because this game is for the taking for us. With their squad having several key players out, we should be able to beat them.

10 minutes ago, Osgoodwasgood said:

Nervous, im just hoping we can still be in with a decent chance after tonight's game, it will be tough but we're more than capable. A goal would be nice.

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS

Even with something like 2-1 loss and we are in with a good chance i'd say. Much more it would take a bit of a miracle. Win obviously or scoring draw is a great result tonight.

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Even with something like 2-1 loss and we are in with a good chance i'd say. Much more it would take a bit of a miracle. Win obviously or scoring draw is a great result tonight.

I'd take a 2-1 defeat, we're capable of much more though, They're a funny side, let's hope we catch them on a "funny" Night

I always, out of superstition, try to do some physical work outside on the day of an important european game for the chels. On the strange basis that if i work hard then we will deliver on the pitch.

Today i have been pressure washing, painting and refitting a gutter..............................so come on you blues !!!!!😎

We need to start the game all guns blazing and try get an early goal to settle the nerves. I don't think their aging team would handle it, we don't want to let them grow into the game.

Carefree wherever we may be. We are the famous CFC. 

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think we might struggle still what a record to go there with, three meetings to date and Chelsea have never lost to Real Madrid.

How good would it to make it four, then five games undefeated against Real Madrid !

I’m in Canada just now I see a guy with a massive chelsea sticker all across the side of his truck so I pointed at my watch told him 3:00 🕒 turns round in the old cockney villain accent “don’t need to tell me mate” 😂 wasn’t expecting that here.