Chelsea v Brighton (PL) Tue 20th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

dear oh dear, lost for words 

They are only interested in the two cups clearly, someone needs to tell TT it is EPL first every time no matter what our league position is  

Jeez, hope we don't miss out on playing European Elite football next season.

Would be good if we got guaranteed access whatever position we finish yknow, feel like a lot of people would like that idea

Shocking performance. Failed experiment with the lineup, Mount wasted in midfield, subs didn't work and came too late. Why move James to LB when we have Chilwell and Emerson on the bench - wtf was that? Ziyech was atrocious, how he survived 75 minutes, I've no idea. Tuchel is at fault here, although what was happening in the last couple of days must have distracted the players, but it's still not an excuse for horrific performance.

1 minute ago, Dr Gonzo said:

Haven't watched a worse game this season.

Too many games in the premiership now like this where all a team wants to do is not lose. 

Can't criticise we've been there too over the years we just need to be able to find another gear or better pass. 

Really don’t know what I can say about that crap. Some really awful performances, in fact most were crap. A special mention for crapness where, Zouma, Jorginho, Mount, and My COTM was Ziyech.

Please Chelsea FC don’t serve up that rubbish ever again. Waste of an evening. Going to have a rum.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

How many passes across the defense have we made today? This is the worst football I have ever seen played since I became a Chelsea fan. 

It was atrocious. Zouma to Christensen to Jorginho, back to Zouma, back to Jorginho, to Rudiger back to Jorginho and so on..............................

So dull, so boring. PLEASE don't let the ESL effecting the players be an excuse tonight. There is NO excuse for how poor we were tonight. Brighton actually deserved to win that. Only CFC players who did okay tonight were Rudiger & Christensen. The rest didn't really turn up. Moyes were there watching but hopefully fell asleep early on.

I can not believe this. How can we play like this. Absolutely no idea in our attacking. No sense in our game non at all. So there will be no CL for us next season but that is exatly what we deserve. 

Today it was like watching the beginning of the season Chelsea again. Sideways, sideways,back,back, sideways etc. I am really pissed of with this scrab.

The whole game is a f**king circus. Tuchel shows that he can be stubborn and not willing to admit his selection was sh*t. Why would you persist with playing that useless Ziyech up to the end of game? 

2 points dropped in the most sloppy careless manner. 

Just watched highlights again. I can not name one single player who played well tonight. All of them were sh*t. How is it possible?

Just now, abramovich said:

Shocking performance. Failed experiment with the lineup, Mount wasted in midfield, subs didn't work and came too late. Why move James to LB when we have Chilwell and Emerson on the bench - wtf was that? Ziyech was atrocious, how he survived 75 minutes, I've no idea. Tuchel is at fault here, although what was happening in the last couple of days must have distracted the players, but it's still not an excuse for horrific performance.

Have a feeling some may have made it clear they weren't in the right mindset to play tonight.

Worst game under Tuchel by far imo.

There was miles more fight against West Brom in comparison.

Awful, awful performance, in reality this should make up Tuchel’s mind on who not to play again this season.

There isn’t any matches where we can afford not to try and win.

Really put a bit of a dampener on what should of been a good day.

Edited by 2211

Really awful performance...this is becoming a recurring theme under Tuchel in matches we should be winning

As good as we have been under Tommy, far too many bad performances against much lower ranked teams...can he tactically change a match?

Havertz up top as a false 9 is very false...fails far too many times

Why Zouma in the centre?

Mount is not a pivot player, play him where he is effective or not at all

As for Ziyech, hero to zero tonight . Our attack is very lightweight

Do we really need to play three at the back all the time?

Tommy does need to learn there are no easy matches , the points were dropped an hour before the kick off with poor team selection, not for the first time

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

If that was Frank he'd be ridiculed. 

Tuchel has some serious questions to answer 

It was and he was. Very little has changed other than now not conceding. We would have lost under Frank, but the football would have been the same boring sh!te.

1 minute ago, TomCFC85 said:

Jeez, hope we don't miss out on playing European Elite football next season.

Would be good if we got guaranteed access whatever position we finish yknow, feel like a lot of people would like that idea

We should start our own league with blackjack and hookers!

We play 15 passes between our back 5 and Jorginho before moving forward.. when our forwards come deep nothing sticks.. i dont think these players are that great technically either.. so many poor passes bad first touches. Now one realises the techincal ability a Pedro and Willian had... these players are certainly a notch below and hence these results..

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

Everyone needs to calm down, I have just had 2 nearly sleepless nights and suffered the biggest emotional roller coaster of my life over the last 72 hrs and mist of these lads are in their early 20s and they went through a lot more  than any of us can imagine give them a brake for having an off day

Fair. I said yesterday that the ESL would be a huge distraction. The protests at the ground and our withdrawal from the ESL would have made it worse. It's a clusterf**k all round.

We have gone from nothing to play for because we're not playing CL anyway, to a huge match. It's an utter disaster all round.

I only caught the last 20 mins and Brighton were better and unlucky to have not scored.

They worked hard and were certainly pushing and leaning on our players too, they did this perfectly to stop out chaps getting good contact on the ball.

Not as obvious as a foul yet pretty close, good to see Christensen man-up from a physical challenge and not cave-in.

5 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Midfield was lacking Kante/Kovacic
Not a fan of Mount playing so deep

I thought that Mount can do that role but nope he was a bit lost... We got lucky, usually after making huge mistakes like Zouma and Jorginho did that kind of stuff used to be enough for the opposition to win, this was supposed to be the first error leading to goal by Jorginho he just got extremely lucky there and it wasn't due to anything other but himself he knew there was a player coming and still lost the ball.

Our subs were a bit underwhelming but Giroud could have done better after a good pass by Chilwell I think.