Chelsea v Brighton (PL) Tue 20th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

Massively sub-standard performance, obviously.

However, the players are only human, over the past couple of days or so, the majority of them wouldn’t even have known what competitions they’d be eligible for, not to mention the strong possibility that their collective international careers would be at an end. Stress or what? Stress can be massively draining, which would explain why, especially during the latter stages of the game, the Brighton players looked so much sharper.

Also it’s just a few short days since the epic performance against Man City. Add this to the stress outlined above, and it’s little wonder that the players weren’t exactly at their best.

So how about we write this one off, as another “at least we didn’t lose to that shower of sh*te” games, and look forward to a vastly improved performance, and a hopefully positive result against the Spammers.

6 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Everyone needs to calm down, I have just had 2 nearly sleepless nights and suffered the biggest emotional roller coaster of my life over the last 72 hrs and mist of these lads are in their early 20s and they went through a lot more  than any of us can imagine give them a brake for having an off day

Chelsea fans went through it with them, and I bet they would still have put more of an effort in tonight. Not even Liverpool were that bad last night.

4 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

We should start our own league with blackjack and hookers!

Barring your experiences with my mother if we have our own league with hookers you might actually come close to loosing your V plates

7 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Not sure how much you can blame Tuchel for that.

Every player looked extremely off. Mentally exhausted after the last 48 hours and everyone was absymal pretty much. 

Valuable point in the end. Some of the lads didn't even look like footballers tonight. Like Mount, James, Zouma, Alonso and I could mention others as well.

As manager at this stage of the season, he has to take heavy blame. But my god. These players suck bad. Forget the Super League and Uefa, its performances like that which epitomise how football is dead. No effort for a game with high stakes considering how much they cost and earn. Fuming.

Just now, Gol15 said:

I thought that Mount can do that role but nope he was a bit lost... We got lucky, usually after making huge mistakes like Zouma and Jorginho did that kind of stuff used to be enough for the opposition to win, this was supposed to be the first error leading to goal by Jorginho he just got extremely lucky there and it wasn't due to anything other but himself he knew there was a player coming and still lost the ball.

Our subs were a bit underwhelming but Giroud could have done better after a good pass by Chilwell I think.

Chilwell wasn't on pitch - it was CHO!!

Very poor performance, at least we got a point and a clean sheet.

We can't be excellent all the time and Tuchel might make mistakes and it's okay. It's important to make a proper recovery and be read for the next two games.

Winning West Ham will give us a lot of confidence, morale and motivation before Madrid's game.

COME ON CHELS!!!

1 minute ago, Upsetter said:

Also it’s just a few short days since the epic performance against Man City.

Man City had 8 changes, Pep was blamed for that. Do you think without those changes we could beat City? I don't

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

A bit of over reaction on here. Take into Consideration we played Porto and then played our first team against Man city while city rested players. Our Players were Knackered while Brighton players had 8 days off. If you add the team bus being delayed for 45 mins  I am glad we did not lose this. 

True,it's the fans fault for delaying the bus !

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Chelsea fans went through it with them, and I bet they would still have put more of an effort in tonight. Not even Liverpool were that bad last night.

Liverpool were lucky to not lose too IMO.

9 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Every player looked extremely off. Mentally exhausted after the last 48 hours and everyone was absymal pretty much. 

Valuable point in the end. Some of the lads didn't even look like footballers tonight. Like Mount, James, Zouma, Alonso and I could mention others as well.

Good post. Also these end of season run-ins habitually throw up dreadful matches like this. Im also now seeing it as a valuable point. 

8 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Tuchel has to take responsibility for this. If players are physically or mentally drained then play others. 

If Kepa starts then why not Gilmour, Giroud, Calum ? Ziyech was shocking and played until 70 mins ? 

Tuchel as well as the players takes full responsibility for as shocking a performance as I've seen. Truly awful.

3 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

A bit of over reaction on here. Take into Consideration we played Porto and then played our first team against Man city while city rested players. Our Players were Knackered while Brighton players had 8 days off. If you add the team bus being delayed for 45 mins  I am glad we did not lose this. 

I have no complaints about rotation, it has to be done but the team selection tonight was shocking. Especially that false 9. Got lucky against a poor Palace and thought it could work today. 

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

So what about all of the other times this has happened since Tuchel arrived? This has happened like 6 times now, and even most of the games we have one have come down to us creating one decent chance in the whole game.

Just now, Tokata said:

Man City had 8 changes, Pep was blamed for that. Do you think without those changes we could beat City? I don't

You think that was a bad team? Most of those guys are standard first choice for Man City, let's not undermine our win now. They needed to rest some players but their backline and midfield is still elite.

2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

You make it sound as if the bus was delayed for 60 minutes then would have lost 0:5. I do not think that tiredness was an issue - we had a number of players on the bench who have not played for weeks. Our set-up did not work and changes were made too late and did not make sense.

1 hour ago, Malta Blue said:

We should probably try and find a new league to play in, that would stop us getting such sh*t referees.

On a separate note, how close have you been to changing your name over the last couple if days?

Bet your glad you didn't?

Why would I change my name? All my properties, yachts, mansions and even a certain football club are under that name.

I'd have just bought myself a new set of supporters for the ESL project, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.