Jump to content

Chelsea v Brighton (PL) Tue 20th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

Let’s forget the silly European super league talk for a day and hope we win today. I think the ESL still has a chance of not happening so this game is still really crucial. Anything less than a win would be very disappointing

I agree. . . I think every other club will see that the fan support is clearly on their side and they won't agree to participate.  The owners are going to see that a 12 team league that claims they are the best but never proves it won't have the draw and they will pull out.  

So for now I will support Chelsea and we'll just see what happens in the future.  

Edited by Valpo
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Wonder if our players will wear those "earn it" shirts.

I will watch if I can, but honestly not excited by it. Feel bad for the players and coaches. They have done really great of late and done nothing wrong but they have been badly let down.

Our board all need to step down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Wonder if our players will wear those "earn it" shirts.

I will watch if I can, but honestly not excited by it. Feel bad for the players and coaches. They have done really great of late and done nothing wrong but they have been badly let down.

Our board all need to step down.

The problem with those shirts is the UEFA logo. UEFA trying to look like the good guys after what they have done over the years and what they just did to the Champions League is a bit sickening really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we have a rule, on this thread when the match has started we dont mention the ESL until after the full time whistle...if you feel the need to mention it pop over to the other thread specifically for it and come back once rent is over...would be nice to escape it for a couple of hours and get back to old chelsea chat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The problem with those shirts is the UEFA logo. UEFA trying to look like the good guys after what they have done over the years and what they just did to the Champions League is a bit sickening really.

Sometimes you have to pick the lesser of two evils mate. I cannot stand UEFA or Fifa, they are corrupt as they come but the big importance is they have not done anything to threaten our place in the PL or domestic cups. This super league BS has.

 

13 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Can we have a rule, on this thread when the match has started we dont mention the ESL until after the full time whistle...if you feel the need to mention it pop over to the other thread specifically for it and come back once rent is over...would be nice to escape it for a couple of hours and get back to old chelsea chat

That is certainly a fair request. I will follow that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Can we have a rule, on this thread when the match has started we dont mention the ESL until after the full time whistle...if you feel the need to mention it pop over to the other thread specifically for it and come back once rent is over...would be nice to escape it for a couple of hours and get back to old chelsea chat

We can mention the European Sock League though, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So in the presser we heard Kova and Silva are put but Christensen can play. Still think we need to rest a few for West Ham and Real.

 

Mendy

 

Zouma

Christensen

Alonso

 

CHO

Gilmour

Jorginho

Emerson

 

Ziyech

Giroud

Pulisic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Sometimes you have to pick the lesser of two evils mate. I cannot stand UEFA or Fifa, they are corrupt as they come but the big importance is they have not done anything to threaten our place in the PL or domestic cups. This super league BS has.

Maybe, but I do think by increasing the length of the Champions League, they are putting domestic cup football at risk. It's just pissing me off that the changes to the Champions League is now flying under the radar when it deserves a lot of attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This ESL has only just started and a long way to go there.  Take the emotion out the decision - this might wake UEFA up to improve revenue distribution (if that's doable).  Similar perceived disruptive paths have been covered elsewhere - Formula 1 (nostalgia gets in the way of what is a more accessible sport now), television rights (not far afield from what we're talking about here), radio expansion.  Change is inevitable - just hope it doesn't come at the cost of the fabric of the game.  An improved CL would be welcomed - the group stages are a little dull these days. 

Enjoy todays the game and get behind the team - lets go and win!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

does it matter making the top 4 now ? explains why Arse and Spuds weren't really making an effort this season the scheming c$$$ts. 

I want Chelsea to win today for pride and for the 45 years of personal history I have going to games, not nice to see fans outside the Bridge on matchday protesting like Pikeys or United  scumbags but I do get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites



2 minutes ago, IndianaBlue85 said:

f**king Kepa again ffs against a team with like 3 guys bigger than anyone on our team. I understand the cups but this is ridiculous 

Exactly my first thought. We are truly f**ked if we concede several corners tonight. Clearly club orders as per. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!