Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

There is no way this can work with the current fixture list, something I am sure they are fully aware of. There is no way we could fit the F.A cup and League cup around this. 38 Premier League games, a minimum of 18 Super League games and the cups? Never going to happen. We would have to pull out of the cup competitions, and this is something I am not prepared to ever accept. And ditching the Champions League?.........f**k off, this whole idea f**king stinks.

2 minutes ago, Richard P said:

This league will not be followed by match day fans anymore. How do you stay interested if you can’t afford at least half the games! It will be more corporate.

I bet the away season ticket scheme will be interesting. You can put down your house and we will take equal monthly payments before making you homeless!!

Home games will have hardly any away fans. Tickets will be unbelievably expensive.

I can see one plus, the dippers won’t be able to sing we ain’t got no history as we will all start from scratch!!

I love the hyperbole lol

5 minutes ago, Richard P said:

This league will not be followed by match day fans anymore. How do you stay interested if you can’t afford at least half the games! It will be more corporate.

I bet the away season ticket scheme will be interesting. You can put down your house and we will take equal monthly payments before making you homeless!!

Home games will have hardly any away fans. Tickets will be unbelievably expensive.

I can see one plus, the dippers won’t be able to sing we ain’t got no history as we will all start from scratch!!

It is a replacement for the Champions league. We still want to be part of the premier league. We are just saying f**k u to UEFA. Didnt you read the statement on the club website

• 20 participating clubs with 15 Founding Clubs and a qualifying mechanism for a further five teams to qualify annually based on achievements in the prior season.

• Midweek fixtures with all participating clubs continuing to compete in their respective national leagues, preserving the traditional domestic match calendar which remains at the heart of the club game.
Edited by The Don Antonio

2 minutes ago, jack h said:

But who will watch it? The consensus is near unanimous amongst all fans including the 6 sell outs. I'm sure as f**k not gonna pay anthing into this.

People always say this stuff about change and the way their clubs behave. Once everyone calms down - they will pay for it. The love for the club for most is too great. They know they have people by the short & curlies. It’s incredibly difficult to switch off your emotions from your team.

5 minutes ago, jack h said:

But who will watch it? The consensus is near unanimous amongst all fans including the 6 sell outs. I'm sure as f**k not gonna pay anthing into this.

As pissed off as I am I am still a chelsea fan and will be until I die, even if I out live the club. My alliegence will be with what was the only club that ever mattered in my life.

Having said that i will try my hardest to continue watching for free.

They are trying to reach new audiences and i have no doubt that they will achieve it. They will be the new plastic chelsea fans the old lot will love to hate

By old lot I mean the fans that is here today and now before we joined this nonsensical league 

Edited by Malta Blue

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

There is no way this can work with the current fixture list, something I am sure they are fully aware of. There is no way we could fit the F.A cup and League cup around this. 38 Premier League games, a minimum of 18 Super League games and the cups? Never going to happen. We would have to pull out of the cup competitions, and this is something I am not prepared to ever accept. And ditching the Champions League?.........f**k off, this whole idea f**king stinks.

The manager will play the U18s in the PL. We can be midtable in the PL and still make more money than the champions

2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

It is a replacement for the Champions league. We still want to be part of the premier league. We are just saying f**k u to UEFA. Didnt you read the statement on the club website

Leagues pointless now. 

Get top 4 or above and your not in the elite then it's meaningless. This will have major implications on domestic football. 

8 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

It's a f**k you to us the fans, to football as a sport itself. You'd have to be both naive and delusional in the extreme if you think this is about reforming a governing body.

4 minutes ago, jack h said:

edit: I know people will point to foreign fans but many wont be fooled by this and I can't see the clubs surviving if their home support walks away.

It's one thing saying so now but another when the time comes, few if any will be able to walk away from their club so easily even if they hate what they're doing.

Remember during the first lockdown when forum's and social media was full of people saying it would be immoral to restart football and they would boycott? I haven't yet come across a single person who stuck to that stance.

4 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I think you're making light of this situation. They can't pull out of this venture at this point, the club would be severely reprimanded even if they back out

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

What's going to happen is we're going to give Bakayoko and Drinkwater new deals so they can play in the PL (peasant league), play the U21 in the CL, U18 in the FA Cup and U16 in the EFL Cup whilst we keep our best for the Super League.

8 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

People always say this stuff about change and the way their clubs behave. Once everyone calms down - they will pay for it. The love for the club for most is too great. They know they have people by the short & curlies. It’s incredibly difficult to switch off your emotions from your team.

I think you're underestimating the strength of feeling on this one. No other change has widened the gap like this. They've literally pulled the f**king ladder up! Genuinely ashamed and embarassed of this club.

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's one thing saying so now but another when the time comes, few if any will be able to walk away from their club so easily even if they hate what they're doing.

Remember during the first lockdown when forum's and social media was full of people saying it would be immoral to restart football and they would boycott? I haven't yet come across a single person who stuck to that stance.

I remember in 84 when the miners striked, but a few still went to work, the striking miners would picket the gates shouting scabs scabs.

I can see that happening again.

3 minutes ago, jack h said:

It's a f**k you to us the fans, to football as a sport itself. You'd have to be both naive and delusional in the extreme if you think this is about reforming a governing body.

It is obviously not about reforming the governing body but explain to me how it is a f**k you to the fans if the clubs will still participate in their local leagues. All they are doing is replacing the UCL with the Super league while making more money for themselves. It is all about money. Why do u think lampard was fired . The club was afraid of not making the UCL and hence losing money

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

How can this even happen? Doesn't it need to be approved by FIFA? Surely you can't just start up some random competition, it needs to be approved right? If it's not approved, then what?......will they pull away from football completely and start their own version of the sport?

Exactly what I was thinking, who’s the governing body, can they set new rules? Sounds very American to me

8 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

It is obviously not about reforming the governing body but explain to me how it is a f**k you to the fans if the clubs will still participate in their local leagues. All they are doing is replacing the UCL with the Super league while making more money for themselves. It is all about money. Why do u think lampard was fired . The club was afraid of not making the UCL and hence losing money

How is it a f**k you to the fans? Are you joking? Read the f**king room man! It's a bare faced money grab and taking the competativeness out of the sport! Look how universally unpopular this is! How much more of a blatant f**k you to the fans do you need?

1 minute ago, GYBLUE said:

Exactly what I was thinking, who’s the governing body, can they set new rules? Sounds very American to me

The people in charge are Perez of Real Madrid and the Glazers of Man Utd, it's almost like the clubs running their own competition.