Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

I hope of speak for everyone on here, but I've literally gone from waiting like an excited kid every week for our next game to having no interest in todays game. Even lowly Brighton at home who play amazing football, would of been a great test. And the feeling you get after a long hard season of being able to grind out a top 4 finish on merit. This season was promising so much, we just beat Man City, and are in the Champions League Semi final  something we have been dreaming of since 2012. They have taken away any excitment, and everything those players have worked for this year in an instant. Im not bothered in the slightest about today's game. I will however watch and hope Chelsea win, because it is the Premier League, something we want to continue.

It just hurts and it seems by all the pictures coming out of secret meeting between the American Owners of other clubs a few years ago. It really stinks that us and man city have been bullied into this. We were the two teams with a monetary advantage over other teams so this actually screws us over. We also had owners who didnt treat us like a  football company, but instead a football club, who bought us like an expensive toy, and did so much for the community etc, not to maximise profits. I just pray we see sense..and that c*** perez can shove his ironclad contract where the sun dont shine.

Edited by Oli

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yes, but I don't think it's possible to have that same experience after already following a club and going through so many different emotions with that club over many years.

I don't know maybe its like the lady of your life who you've had many magical moments and experiences with does the dirty and leaves you for a wealthy fat American.  You can move on and find someone else, or you could just follow her around saying thinks like 'you can change' and 'things could be like they used to be'.

From the Athletic; Bruce Buck met with Chelsea squad. It is behind a paywall and typically I wouldn't share it, but here ya go: https://theathletic.com/news/european-super-league-chelsea/AHTACJfNkv3a

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck meets with players over Super League plan

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck met with the squad before training on Monday morning to confirm the club’s move to join the European Super League.

The club have come under huge criticism for agreeing to sign up for the breakaway scheme with 11 other European teams, including five others from the Premier League.

Chelsea players, who had no inkling that the decision had been made and found out when the news broke on Sunday, turned up for training as scheduled yesterday. They did not know Buck was going to be there.

What did he say?

It is understood Buck did all the talking and the speech was brief. Buck addressed everyone to simply confirm that Chelsea had agreed to join the Super League and that more information would follow. The gist was to just carry on what you’re doing.

One source said that as of last night, coach Thomas Tuchel hadn’t addressed the players about the subject and was just making sure they focused on their match against Brighton this evening.

What was the reaction?

It is believed Chelsea players are not happy about the plans and are in a state of shock at what has transpired.

They are also concerned about the ramifications of the decision given governing bodies have threatened to ban any players involved from major tournaments. The European Championships is just a few months away.

There is also upset that the positive run they’ve been under Tuchel, including the win over Manchester City in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday, has been completely overshadowed.

Chelsea can climb back into the top four with a victory over Brighton at Stamford Bridge but players have been having to lift themselves mentally, especially with the question in their minds over how much the game means if Chelsea’s place in a Super League is already assured.

How have Chelsea fans reacted?

Chelsea fans have been vocal in their condemnation of their club’s involvement in the Super League.

Many have gathered outside Stamford Bridge ahead of tonight’s match against Brighton and are protesting with flares, chants and signs.

The Chelsea Supporters’ Trust previously put out a strongly-worded statement in which it criticised what it calls “the ultimate betrayal”.

“This is a decision of greed to line the pockets of those at the top and it has been made with no consideration for the loyal supporters, our history, our future or the future of football in this country,” the statement added.

Guest Sindre
16 minutes ago, Eight Times said:

I'm just holding on to the hope that we can somehow back out of this contract. 

Me too.

What worries me is that we have gone to bed with Woodward, Agnelli and last but not least Perez. Neither of them are the types to back down and the latter is known for covering his ass by adding massive fines for breach of agreements so I very, very much fear we are stuck between a rock and a hard place here.