Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

7 minutes ago, jack h said:

I think you're underestimating the strength of feeling on this one. No other change has widened the gap like this. They've literally pulled the f**king ladder up! Genuinely ashamed and embarassed of this club.

I’d argue your underestimating the strength of feeling people have towards clubs. People won’t walk away and even if they do it’ll be the minority. People will fume and eventually move on and get over it. They haven’t done this on a whim. The idea has floated around long enough that they would have known the reaction. They’re all clearly comfortable with the odds. It’s far from a done deal yet, we shall see but I wouldn’t bank on the majority of people walking away.

We should get booted out of the champions league and deducted points. To think as a club we have a right to be in this elite group no matter what is a disgrace. It's not even remotely fair to the rest of our league. We pocket 400m a season where the likes of Leciester don't because we are a super club? Rubbish. 

I feel for players and staff whos hard work could be about to go tits up. 

Enjoyed a good nearly seven years of posting on here semi-regularly, but mostly reading the thoughts of other like minded fans. Sadly if this goes ahead my association with the club is done and I won't attend another match; not that it will hit the club's pockets hard at all. Soon countries such as Saudi Arabia/UAE will be paying to host certain big matches and the special feeling that came with matches like a Derby will be long gone. It was good while it lasted 

3 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

How long until we start using nicknames as our full name like nfl teams?

The Chelsea Lions, the liverpool birds? And stupid sh*t like that

You know that’s part of the plan, in theory Chelsea could even move to another country 

16 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Leagues pointless now. 

Get top 4 or above and your not in the elite then it's meaningless. This will have major implications on domestic football. 

Top 4 is predominately an English thing and a handful of other countries. You follow rangers as well if I’m not mistaken mate? Effectively, it’s like saying there’s no point in Hibs or Aberdeen or any other team competing for the entire season because there’s only two clubs going to win the league and get close to CL football and it’s Celtic and Rangers.

I like the race for the top 4 as well, it makes it exciting but it could also force teams to push for the title as top 4 is no longer an achievement. maybe just looking for a positive.

3 minutes ago, BenCFC19 said:

Enjoyed a good nearly seven years of posting on here semi-regularly, but mostly reading the thoughts of other like minded fans. Sadly if this goes ahead my association with the club is done and I won't attend another match; not that it will hit the club's pockets hard at all. Soon countries such as Saudi Arabia/UAE will be paying to host certain big matches and the special feeling that came with matches like a Derby will be long gone. It was good while it lasted 

I mean derbies wouldn’t be gone given it’s a UCL replacement. The proposal is to continue to play in their domestic leagues so we would still play West Ham, Fulham (not now they’re relegated) at Stamford bridge, craven cottage etc. 

8 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Top 4 is predominately an English thing and a handful of other countries. You follow rangers as well if I’m not mistaken mate? Effectively, it’s like saying there’s no point in Hibs or Aberdeen or any other team competing for the entire season because there’s only two clubs going to win the league and get close to CL football and it’s Celtic and Rangers.

That's precisely the reason Scottish football even with those two clubs is in such a state, the other clubs may as well not exist

2 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I like the race for the top 4 as well, it makes it exciting but it could also force teams to push for the title as top 4 is no longer an achievement. maybe just looking for a positive.

We won't play a top first team in the league, why would we if the main thing was the money maker European league. The league becomes meaningless because it doesn't provide the cash anymore and other than a trophy that the owners don't care about what would it do for the new set up? 

This is just the start, the clubs will end up leaving the domestic set up before long... Thats the end game. 

All European competition suspended. I feel sick to my stomach. Our club is a disgrace, and we as fans cant stand for this. Who can even afford to go to these games abroad. If they want to fill their stadiums full of chinese, arabs, and every other countries fans who have money, let them crack on..but we need to stick together. How dare we think we can p*** on all the other clubs who work hard to try and aspire to get into europe, and we are like we have a god given right to always be in it.

1 minute ago, PraetorianGuard said:

It's because people are basing it on last year's news

So false alarm then? Well for now anyway. Last report I saw was FIFA asking the involved parties to stop with the heated debates and find a calm solution. I think there has been alot of heated words shared behind the scenes aswel as public arguments

• coco changed the title to Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League
  • Mod Stark pinned this topic
  • Mod Stark unpinned this topic