Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

I'm not sure what to say about all this really. It's just such a greedy, selfish move by these clubs. Not to mention how f**king boring it will be. Playing these big European teams is a rarity, which is what makes it so special. We haven't played Real Madrid in years and we have a huge game against them coming up. If we played them twice a season, it would lose its gloss immediately.

The very worrying thing is that all other footballing bodies are talking about sanctions, like stopping the teams playing in other competitions, kicking them out of existing ones. If we withdrew from the Premier League, FA Cup, etc.. to join this league, as much as it pains me to say it, I think I would stop supporting Chelsea. Not that the clubs will give a sh*t about the generations of fans they will lose, because the money will come flooding in from China and India and USA and other markets, which is all they really want.

Football has been drifting away from what it once was, for a long time, becoming more and more about money. This is the final nail in the coffin. I just feel so disillusioned with the club. We've supported them our whole lives and they can pull this sh*t, without a care in the world for what we think or want.

I'm not sure I can even be bothered to watch the rest of the season, now.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

With all the ties that PSG has with everyone including Qatar, it's interesting that they somehow are not mentioned as one of the clubs that agreed to this, they clearly have some massive deals with FIFA and UEFA I mean that's why they got to host the World Cup as there is no other reason but the money involved...

If the info is correct the 12 clubs are:  Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea F.C., Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Juventus, Inter Milan and A.C. Milan. Why are spuds on this list nobody knows.

Because PSG own bein sports who bought Champions league rights. All about money, they will join when that deal expires. 

14 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

All Valid points and genuine reasons not to support the European Super League However the point still stands that media and majority of fans are crying foul at football clubs for acting like they've always acted which is selfishly.

This is not really an overnight thing, this is something which has seeped into the game over the last 20 years, fans and media had ample opportunity to call the clubs and the senior bodies out when it came to increasing ticket prices, changing stadium names, Sacking Managers, Auditing Ownership, fighting corruption etc. but at the time all was fine because everything was still operating within the bounds of the media companies, Uefa and FA, it was only a matter of time until Greed bought down the house of cards.

You're right, maybe all it really took was a bit of a real crisis that the pandemic bought and here we go...

9 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

As an english man I can categorically deny the other guys post and I would like to add that the most arrogant race can only be between the english and the americans. That kind of racism has no place on here and on behalf of the english people that dont share that idiots views I would like to apologise

As a Scot, I can confirm... it‚Äôs the English ūüėú (I‚Äôm kidding of course... kindaūüĎÄ)

Anyone else feel this sort of ruins the CL semi/FA Cup Final now? How must the players and manager feel about that? Why exactly should they bother fighting for top 4 now?

Tuchel doesn't sound like the type of character to bite his tongue on this. Do we assume he wasn't consulted? 

Edited by Hessleboink

It's frustrating that this announcement has come at a time when fans are not allowed in stadiums, in normal times I'm sure there's be widespread match day protests. As far as I can tell, no European football fans are actually in favour of this.  Like with the World Cup in Qatar, if this does go ahead I will not be watching. Football hasn't been for the fans for a while now, these days it's just another product to be consumed, and I'm sick of it.

7 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

AC Milan are essentially the Arsenal of Serie A. 

Except for the fact that their president was the Italian PM which gave them a lot of power and that they have a lot more European glory days, best that Arsenal did was to bottle a CL final after the 34 year old Larsson came in...

8 minutes ago, coco said:

Yeah you are right sorry for likeing the post, i thought he was attacking the Spanish clubs

I would have agreed if it had been about the clubs, I hate Real Madrid and Barsa and what they represent in football, but the part he removed (thank you) was about the whole country and its people. There are complete twats and very likeable people, like in every single country. So I thought generalising to a whole country was out of place. But all good, thanks.

Guys get a grip.

It will happen and mark my words eventually you will get used to it just like you will get used to a World Cup in winter.

Its only going to replace the Champions League which for the most part is boring until the knockouts. Uefa were planning to expand the CL into a super league format themselves without the elitist cant be relegated part. 

The way I see it is like the Conservative vs Labour. Both are full of crap whoever is in power.

7 minutes ago, Hessleboink said:

Anyone else feel this sort of ruins the CL semi/FA Cup Final now? How must the players and manager feel about that? Why exactly should they bother fighting for top 4 now?

Tuchel doesn't sound like the type of character to bite his tongue on this. Do we assume he wasn't consulted? 

IDK if the refs are going to blatantly be against us just so that Real Madrid reconsiders their decisions now, the CL tie feels like it's ruined for me. But the FA Cup final I hope we show some respect for it, I'm hoping that we win and show that we do appreciate it because it's the simple truth.

23 minutes ago, RMH said:

As a Spaniard, I have taken offence to this post full of hatred, so I'd like either an apology or I'll have to report you.

Will have to apologise for that, I made a mock of those lines and kind of generlised too much. I was referring to the greedy clubs Madrid and Barcelona and the way they conduct their business and the dirty newspapers on their payroll that paint them into the most glorious things ever.

I am sorry.

3 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Will have to apologise for that, I made a mock of those lines and kind of generlised too much. I was referring to the greedy clubs Madrid and Barcelona and the way they conduct their business and the dirty newspapers on their payroll that paint them into the most glorious things ever.

I am sorry.

No problem, thanks for removing that part. I agree with you about those Clubs, though.

I thought people already knew football at this level we are operating is business. It has always been and it will always be. I thought we are already on this page but I guess I am wrong. Even though Arsenal is constantly 9th their value as a brand is much higher than that in the football ranks. This is the metric you should look instead of the table. People around the world buy Arsenal shirts and not West Ham shirts. The business is the constant and the table fluctuates a bit. 

Looking it like this the amount of outrage should be much lower. 

I am not commenting on is it good or bad, just commenting on the state of this thing. 

It is a bizarre moment for Chelsea to announce that we are getting into this. With an FA Cup final and CL semi finals to play, why risking getting kicked out of both or destabilising the team focus with this announcement? I think is power play by Clubs against the new UEFA idea of CL. I don't like the idea of it, but I don't like the path that UEFA is taking the CL league either. In any case, whatever the compromise they reach, the big clubs will end up winning one or other way.

9 minutes ago, evissy said:

I thought people already knew football at this level we are operating is business. It has always been and it will always be. I thought we are already on this page but I guess I am wrong. Even though Arsenal is constantly 9th their value as a brand is much higher than that in the football ranks. This is the metric you should look instead of the table. People around the world buy Arsenal shirts and not West Ham shirts. The business is the constant and the table fluctuates a bit. 

Looking it like this the amount of outrage should be much lower. 

I am not commenting on is it good or bad, just commenting on the state of this thing. 

Is arsenal always the 6th most valued team in pl? 

How about us before Roman? 

The beauty in pl is how smaller team like Leicester has leapfrog arsenal. Imagine if this continue for 15 years, will arsenal still be 6th valuable team in pl? 

3 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Guys get a grip.

It will happen and mark my words eventually you will get used to it just like you will get used to a World Cup in winter.

Its only going to replace the Champions League which for the most part is boring until the knockouts. Uefa were planning to expand the CL into a super league format themselves without the elitist cant be relegated part. 

The way I see it is like the Conservative vs Labour. Both are full of crap whoever is in power.

The way I see it , Real Madrid and Barca are both skint and can’t think of anyway to extort more money from their fans, sponsors or tv rights , so they have turned in and onto the uefa revenue stream to bolster their coffers, they can’t do it alone and so they have elicited the help of some others - willingly , it would seem? 

UEFA & FIFA are arguably the most corrupt governing bodies in existence, greedy, spiteful, vindictive c**ts , who deliberately and manipulatively orchestrated not to allow the World Cup tournament to be played out in England year after year for good reason other than they could - seems to me they might just get what they deserve, extinction?

The PL and FA will be sh*tting themselves wondering if they are next ? But I don’t see how they survive if they don’t support the 6 and continue, domestically, as normal.

Finally, if the breakaway group of 15 or 20 prevents the 6 hour flights to “our European friends in Astana’ - is Kazakhstan even in Europe ffs? Then that’s no bad thing.

I agree with KonaKia, this is inevitable and it will involve the swapping  of one established corrupt organisation for the formation of a new, corrupt organisation imo ?

• coco changed the title to Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League
  • coco pinned this topic