Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

48 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

UEFA chairman said he will be talking to lawyers tomorrow to see if he can get the "snakes and liars" chucked out of European competitions. Including the upcoming champions league and Europa league semis

Yup not a surprise, UEFA will need to adopt hard quick action and kicking out the defector clubs for Europe now is such a step.

9 minutes ago, Eight Times said:

I'm heartbroken today folks. 

Absolutely disgusted with Chelsea Football Club.

Sorry mate I know how you feel. Think you are stuck at that user name now.

1 minute ago, DarkMata said:

Just curious does anyone actually believe these 12 clubs will be abolished from their leagues/Europe and start a new independent football league with no association with the rest of football?  

I can't see it happening, there will be alot of bargaining and behind the scenes legal crap that we will never hear about but a deal will be done where we will get to play in the PL but very little if any money, we might even have to pay to stay in

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Yup not a surprise, UEFA will need to adopt hard quick action and kicking out the defector clubs for Europe now is such a step.

Sorry mate I know how you feel. Think you are stuck at that user name now.

You could be right there buddy.

Simon Johnson on talksport was excellent earlier - talking from a chairman’s perspective (find the clip on social media). Yes he was talking about the clubs greed but also the greed and corruption of UEFA and FIFA. 

He was basically saying it’s a political move to force UEFAs hand and it won’t happen. I’m not worried that it will happen. 

Also, the fact that UEFA £3.3b per year but only £300m ends up in the clubs hand. Where’s the rest of it? No wonder the top clubs are fuming and are opposed to other smaller clubs joining when the big clubs bring in the money. 

According to Sky Sports an unnamed big 6 board member has been quoted as saying the clubs primary concern is their own revenues and profits, the wider concerns of the game are secondary and they do not like letting their players go to play for national sides with only small monies involved.

They also think the idea of relegation is stupid. Basically they want an NFL system.

Haven’t had time to trawl through all the thread but it would appear that the majority are overwhelming against.

My first thought is how ta f**k are Spurs involved, basically won f**k all of value for decades.

These clubs involves have a lot of power and if domestic leagues throw them out it will be their lost as people will not have the same interest in watching on tv where most income comes from.

UEFA and FIFA are as corrupt as they come and for them to start threatening no international football for players involved is a joke and probably illegal.

It would appear that the likes of Man Utd, Real and Liverpool may be the main pushers for this. Don’t know a whole lot about Real but the Glazers and that Liverpool consortium are only interested in more money and I can see why the likes of Chelsea go for it or otherwise they get left behind.

Would rather see it remain as it is with rewards for good performances for teams to play at the top, this seems a bit of a closed shop.

Whatever happens, (and I think many might be the same although atm they don’t feel like it) next season, the season after and for however long I still be cheering on Chelsea FC against whoever. 

Might as well be blunt and to the point with my thoughts... This "Super League" is an absolute disgrace and an absolute betrayal to every single supporter of those 12 clubs as well as those that have passed away. Even if we do end up continuing to play in domestic competitions, I hope the Premier League grow a pair of bollocks and sanction all 6 one way or another. Greedy bastards the lot of them.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I think with everything that has happened over the past 24 hours, people have forgotten about UEFA's own terrible plans for the Champions League, something that has been approved today.

No coincidence this happened a day before. UEFA plans for the CL are very bad as well, not as bad as the super league though.

Super league clubs taking legal action to protect themselves against retaliation.

Dont be naive here, of the PM and government, the FA and PL are all against the defector 6 and say we can no longer play in the PL or FA cup we wont be allowed to. They run the country and the game respectively, no amount of legal moves will change that.

2 minutes ago, goose said:

UEFA and FIFA are as corrupt as they come and for them to start threatening no international football for players involved is a joke and probably illegal.

I'm not sure it would be illegal. If FIFA don't recognise this competition as an official competition of the sport, then the players could be forced to choose one or the other.

Jesper Møller, member of the UEFA Excecutive Committee expect that the clubs involved in this that are still in the CL will be expelled on Friday.

So our game v Real Madrid is very likely off.

My stance is pretty much I'm not too fussed if we join this super league as long as we remain in the prem and other English competitions. UEFA and FIFA are corrupt and clearly hoard all the money. If the teams that make them all the money want a bigger slice of the pie why not?

I want us to win the champions league and the club world cup really badly and we have until 2023/24 I believe until the new UCL format comes into play. If we're choosing to be in the super league instead of the new UCL I'm not that bothered because as I've said before as long as we remain in the other English competitions why should it matter we're not in the double elim cup (new ucl format).

I think it is cowardly to threaten players with not being able to play for their countries and or ban teams from their domestic leagues because they want to do something different.

I'm not saying the 15 founders have gone about it in the best way but to turn around and to use such extreme measures to keep them in check to me it seems like Fifa and Uefa are just as bad as these money grabbing owners. 

People keep talking about the integrity and lack of relegation which I do agree with but at the end of the day all they want to do is give us more high level football frequently. Yeah it lines their pockets but if foreign fans are going to get a better chance to see their teams play and the domestic leagues remain unchecked is it really such a travesty?

The biggest issue would be for me the money difference between those in the super league competeing against other teams in their domestic league which tbh has always been an issue. Hence the calls for salary caps and failed efforts for ffp.

But make no mistake if these changes brought about the end of these dubious ref calls and wacky var then football could still be the real winner here. We're talking about the most elite level football could possibly get (club level) surely the refereeing would therefore be much better.

Just my 2 pence I won't be jumping to any conclusions or outrage until they follow through with their threats (both the clubs and fifa/uefa)

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Jesper Møller, member of the UEFA Excecutive Committee expect that the clubs involved in this that are still in the CL will be expelled on Friday.

So our game v Real Madrid is very likely off.

In which case whoever proposed and sanctioned this on our board of directors should be tarred and feathered and walked along the Kings Road to be pelted with rotten fruit ...

12 minutes ago, Eight Times said:

Imagine all that work in the Champions League/FA Cup this season, only for us to be thrown out.

I am expecting it. Heard on Sky Sports the other 14 PL clubs are meeting tomorrow and the majority of them want the 6 defectors kicked out of this seasons league ASAP.

• coco changed the title to Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League
  • Mod Stark unpinned this topic