Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

1 minute ago, coco said:

Time to start celebrating, it's over, were back to the football, and were right in the thick of it all, bring on the FA cup final, the CL semi/final? and a top 3 finish, let the good times roll, and if we lose the lot, so what, we beat the ESL.

I'm more of in "Crisis averted" mode.  

2 minutes ago, RMH said:

That would be ideal, if this energy from the fans turned now onto reforming UEFA and getting rid of the snakes in there. Tough task but if the clubs wanted, they’d have the fans behind them.

Tough indeed but we showed we can change the football world tonight. With the same determination it can be done.

Just now, Stim said:

And all hail our now permanent overlords and for the people, UEFA.

Well I certainly hope that this doesn't make people forget that there are problems with UEFA.  They shouldn't be the good guys here. . . It's just the way the ESL was set up was the wrong way to go about all of this.  

The central problem of all of it IMO was making yourself a permanent member of the super league without ever having earned it on the pitch.  

35 minutes ago, coco said:

Are you watching Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, AC Inter Milan and Juventus, stick your super league up your arse, with a length of celery..

It just becomes ‘el clasico’ (which obvs would quickly have to be renamed to reflect total snoozefest) twice a week?

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I would like to see the reactions from Spain and Italy. It's been non stop outrage here in the UK, I haven't heard much at all about it in other countries. It makes me wonder if they were as bothered about it as we were.

I've been trying to understand that too - haven't found much reaction 

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Tough indeed but we showed we can change the football world tonight. With the same determination it can be done.

yeah but let me quietly remind everyone that our club was nearly apart of the thing that destroyed it...fans from teams of the non big 6 will claim we didn't save football, we only didn't destroy it. but that still puts us above the other 5

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I would like to see the reactions from Spain and Italy. It's been non stop outrage here in the UK, I haven't heard much at all about it in other countries. It makes me wonder if they were as bothered about it as we were.

I’d imagine quite a lot of outrage in Italy, based on what I know. Imagine if you’re a Roma or Lazio fan. Or a fan of any other team bar the select 3?

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

300px-Cat_Standing_in_the_Snow.jpg

I imagine they are used to being dicked on by Barca and Real who already suck all the money out their league for themselves.

Edited by Stim

4 minutes ago, Valpo said:

Well I certainly hope that this doesn't make people forget that there are problems with UEFA.  They shouldn't be the good guys here. . . It's just the way the ESL was set up was the wrong way to go about all of this.  

The central problem of all of it IMO was making yourself a permanent member of the super league without ever having earned it on the pitch.  

Luckily in the distraction they have pushed through their awful changes to the CL format. A true win for football and the fans.

4 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

yeah but let me quietly remind everyone that our club was nearly apart of the thing that destroyed it...fans from teams of the non big 6 will claim we didn't save football, we only didn't destroy it. but that still puts us above the other 5

It is a fair point, but that is why I said we look to turn something bad into something good.

2 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Well done Chelsea and Man City.

It's going to be interesting how far the other four are going to ride this.

Imagine if this league somehow still went ahead, and Spurs remained in it.  Imagine them getting hammered by the Italian/Spanish teams every week 😄

• coco changed the title to Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League
  • Mod Stark unpinned this topic