Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Just now, Malta Blue said:

All I can say is f**k man city, we said we are going to pull out and man city quickly rustled up the paperwork and sent it off and said we were first. We all know who was really first

Was surprised they were in, in the first place. They're up to their necks in UEFA muck.

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

All I can say is f**k man city, we said we are going to pull out and man city quickly rustled up the paperwork and sent it off and said we were first. We all know who was really first

They must also have beaten us in the FA Cup!

I’m probably not alone in thinking none of these owners really learned anything from this. Especially when they attempt the same thing in a decade or so

i felt pretty good when the initial word came out of Chelsea’s intent to withdrawal, but I don’t feel that anymore. I don’t know if it’s because of that malarkey of a match I witnessed or the fact that I still feel like these clubs tried to pull a fast one — probably both tbh but i just feel these statements are hollow in the end

2 hours ago, carrickblue said:

it can't be true, can it? do FSG and the Glazers think they can create franchise teams to play in the ESL and call them something like "London Blues" ?? It's mad.......  

Pro evo vs fifa 2021 version

Edited by Malta Blue

1 minute ago, Mod Stark said:

Anyone spot the random Man Utd fan holding up the card "Bruce Buck U R A Cuck" :biggrin: Madness!

Yeah I noticed him, he even joined in with a couple of songs, there was also an Everton fan up there wearing the ridiculous Cazoo top

If we look at money and economies I think southern Europe is struggling.

I have often thought Real or Royal Madrid got tax payers money yet their royals have been damaged in recent years though corruption being exposed and I think government money stopped flowing and their football regressed and they didn't have the money to get the players they thought they needed which was why Bale was such a contentious chap.

I also think some Italian sides are feeling the pinch.

I think PSG and another Italian side were meant join this group yet backed out late in the day.

I suspect us and City were hoodwinked as others have said about joining or missing the boat and once the Govt and fans combined protests grew they realized they were out of step and changed their decisions.

It will be interesting to see what move the others make, Woodward has made the news and another comment about he was retiring anyway at season's end, so who leaked that story today?

18 minutes ago, coco said:

But will they get that £4b ? or will UEFA backtrack after the uprising against ESL. And even if the clubs do get the £4b, at what cost will that be ? what legislation will the UK government bring in to 'stop this happening again' ? and how will it affect any future negotiations when the threat of breakaway is taken away? 

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

So where are we atm. Is The SL finished? Are Real still in the CL. Might we have to play Liverpool instead. Should Liverpool go on and win CL and come 5th in EPL and we claim 4th do we qualify next year or sink to Europa?

9 minutes ago, coco said:

But will they get that £4b ? or will UEFA backtrack after the uprising against ESL. And even if the clubs do get the £4b, at what cost will that be ? what legislation will the UK government bring in to 'stop this happening again' ? and how will it affect any future negotiations when the threat of breakaway is taken away? 

The last few days have been fantastic for UEFA and FIFA. Being able to spin themselves as the protectors of the game battling greedy, elitist clubs who were intent on changing the status quo for financial gain.

And a lot of people, who don't know or care too much what UEFA and FIFA do, will lap it up.

This has made them immeasurably stronger.

Wonder if the other 14 teams in the league will play that 10% harder against the runaway 6. Looking at the games today and the Liverpool game yesterday, the "smaller" teams did a lot of effort and fight, and we didn't see much "friendly" exchange on the field.

At least Barcelona won’t get the preferential treatment anymore.

But yeah, for me the damage has been done already. European super league, sacking Frank, urgh I’m really disappointed in Chelsea this year. It’s really obvious they don’t care about us, don’t tell me the fans at Stamford bridge tonight made a difference, course it hadn’t, we realised it wasn’t going to work and swiftly pulled out before everybody else did.