Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Does anyone know how many reactions we are allowed to give in a day, because it has only just gone past midnight and I have already reached my limit apparently.

Also does anyone know if have I broke a new record.

Or am I being censored for daring to question the maximum upload minutes? 🙄🤔

4 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Does anyone know how many reactions we are allowed to give in a day, because it has only just gone past midnight and I have already reached my limit apparently.

Also does anyone know if have I broke a new record.

Or am I being censored for daring to question the maximum upload minutes? 🙄🤔

@Mod Stark

the above customer liaison officer will be with you shortly.,................. i'm hitting the sack, :wink:

29 minutes ago, just said:

The last few days have been fantastic for UEFA and FIFA. Being able to spin themselves as the protectors of the game battling greedy, elitist clubs who were intent on changing the status quo for financial gain.

And a lot of people, who don't know or care too much what UEFA and FIFA do, will lap it up.

This has made them immeasurably stronger.

That's exactly what they managed to be and all that without even doing much either. It's not even to their own full credit or their own fault that a few people got extremely blinded by the huge amount of greed. When a 3 billion plan to challenge the biggest football organization crumbles in a few days it's clear that it was just a bunch of deluded people involved that thought that they can play chess with the big boys...

I find it amusing that Florentino Perez casually appeared in an interview yesterday night in order to try to bluff his way as if everything was fine and that their plan is totally legit and I actually saw that most Spanish comments on youtube at least were in favor of Florentino Perez because he apparently looks and talks like a very smart man... He said that nothing matters, they can organize their own World Cup, they can find a new Man City and so on everything is fine, what a deluded man and he made everyone that wanted to associate with him look bad as well, a complete lack of judgment from Roman as he could have just closed his eyes for a few moments and we would be even bigger heroes as the only big club from the PL that didn't take the bait, now suddenly PSG and Bayern look like the wisest dudes in the room...

1 hour ago, just said:

The last few days have been fantastic for UEFA and FIFA. Being able to spin themselves as the protectors of the game battling greedy, elitist clubs who were intent on changing the status quo for financial gain.

And a lot of people, who don't know or care too much what UEFA and FIFA do, will lap it up.

This has made them immeasurably stronger.

Not the hero's we deserve, but the ones we need.

The saviours of Football @just , learn to love it lol.

Or we can just take all this energy we used today and go after them too.

Just heard Tottenham, Arsenal and Wolves are forming a new breakaway league called European Midtable League. Their chairman Daniel Levy is saying 16-24 yr old youngsters don't care about winning or trophies so this new platform gives none of that to their fans. Their aim is to get the best quality Midtable teams from Europe to form this new league for Thursday nights. 

The FA, Prince William, Boris Johnson reacted by saying: "That sounds about right". 

22 hours ago, coombsie said:

I hope and pray that Chelsea are the first club to say "we got this wrong, completely underestimated the strength of our fans feeling and apologise unreservedly". Do I think that this will happen? not a f**king chance. As Just pointed out, if we honestly believe that Roman gives a toss about Chelsea fans, we are sadly misguided. This Club is an investment, albeit an exciting one for him, but an investment never the less, which he was offered the right money for, he would sell in less than a heartbeat.

I have NEVER felt so alienated by our club, I have supported them through the highs and lows, thick and thin for 52 years but honestly would consider following a non-league or lower league club rather than put a single penny into what should soon be a very full pot. I am staunch Chelsea, but I also love football, especially the romance of small clubs making it big, non League players making the big time, and almost extinct clubs surviving and judging by my family and mates (all of an age) we all feel the same.

I had expected this type of set up at some point, but not the unilateral animosity at every level of football that we are seeing. Chelsea always seem to self destruct, or shoot themselves in the foot, when things are going really well. Here we go again !!   I don't use the word lightly, but I pray that it's not too late to reverse this shockingly bad decision.

ALWAYS very happy to be proved wrong. Well done Chelsea 👏

1 hour ago, coombsie said:

Come on Roman, Bruce, Marina & Eugene How about a bit of an apology ?????

My thoughts exactly. The Arsenal statement was the only one that hit the right notes for me :

The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future. 

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.

We know it will take time to restore your faith in what we are trying to achieve here at Arsenal but let us be clear that the decision to be part of the Super League was driven by our desire to protect Arsenal, the club you love, and to support the game you love through greater solidarity and financial stability.

Stability is essential for the game to prosper and we will continue to strive to bring the security the game needs to move forward.

The system needs to be fixed. We must work together to find solutions which protect the future of the game and harness the extraordinary power football has to get us on the edge of our seats.

Finally, we know this has been hugely unsettling at the end of what has been an incredibly difficult year for us all. 

Our aim is always to make the right decisions for this great football club, to protect it for the future and to take us forward. We didn’t make the right decision here, which we fully accept.

We have heard you.

The Arsenal Board

Edited by Sexyfootball
28 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

My thoughts exactly. The Arsenal statement was the only one that hit the right notes for me :

The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future. 

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League. We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.

We know it will take time to restore your faith in what we are trying to achieve here at Arsenal but let us be clear that the decision to be part of the Super League was driven by our desire to protect Arsenal, the club you love, and to support the game you love through greater solidarity and financial stability.

Stability is essential for the game to prosper and we will continue to strive to bring the security the game needs to move forward.

The system needs to be fixed. We must work together to find solutions which protect the future of the game and harness the extraordinary power football has to get us on the edge of our seats.

Finally, we know this has been hugely unsettling at the end of what has been an incredibly difficult year for us all. 

Our aim is always to make the right decisions for this great football club, to protect it for the future and to take us forward. We didn’t make the right decision here, which we fully accept.

We have heard you.

The Arsenal Board

My God I wish our board and owner had released that statement.