Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

This is why I don't want things to die down. I want the same energy aimed at UEFA next, but sadly, I don't see anything happening now.

It won’t... not seen a peep about this from the masses online, people don’t mind corruption, greed, cronyism etc. as long as it’s the status quo...

Edited by EdinburghBlue

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

Every single c**t involved in this super league bullsh*t should not be allowed to have any involvement in football ever again, no matter who they are. CEO, owner, Director...every one of them should be banned immediately.

Ah, was wondering when you would surface with your thoughts on the issue at hand 🙂

Difficult to ban an owner, but they should be forced to sell ... as a minimum they have all just completely failed on the "fit and proper person" criteria ...

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

Ah, was wondering when you would surface with your thoughts on the issue at hand 🙂

Difficult to ban an owner, but they should be forced to sell ... as a minimum they have all just completely failed on the "fit and proper person" criteria ...

The owner should be forced to sell a majority to a fans group if they still want involvement, the 51% thing like in Germany. 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

The owner should be forced to sell a majority to a fans group if they still want involvement, the 51% thing like in Germany. 

Wonder how this would go over. It is healthier way than your Roman's and Sheik Monsour type of deal not to mention the American owners. 

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Nice idea but even if a fan's group could raise the money to buy a stake in the club that gave them some power in major decisions Abramovich would never allow that IMO.

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

And also bring in a salary cap for players, a cap on transfer fees, a cap on agents cuts, 5% of tickets go free to local kids to guarantee the next generation of fans from the locality are not priced out of the stadium.

Thing is these investors will start to look elsewhere seeing how the culture in European football is. There well might be another type of thing (Super League) or other closed series coming up. The name European Super League probably has similar effect as the name Adolf at this point so they have to come up with a new name. 

Maybe they will start it from other continents and when the product is right they'll make another stab at Europe. I don't belive for a second this is the end of it. 

I feel European football won this battle but the war is still on. 

Just now, evissy said:

Thing is these investors will start to look elsewhere seeing how the culture in European football is.

No they will be replaced by new investors, the money is in the game, mainly from tv rights and sponsors, they wont be going anywhere, the bookmakers prop up the sport at the moment in this country, unless the government ban sports betting that will not change and the money is guaranteed from that sector, that means tv rights will also remain the main earner, and that will attract investors.

So what is the general opinion on what the fall out from the ESL participation is likely to be?   I think that the Owners and maybe by association, the Board of the Clubs should be penalised. HEAVY fines and the possibility of having their "Fit and Proper Person" registrations rescinded or put on probation which if withdrawn would effectively force them to sell.

The Clubs themselves should escape any punishment as the Manager, coaches, players etc. had no part in this fiasco.  So hurting them with points deductions or banning them from competitions is not fair. In fact it was probably the intervention of Henderson, Guardiola and Rashford that made their own clubs see sense, at Chelsea it is the fans that made the Club see reason.

There WILL be further sanctions, I just wonder what form they may take?

Just now, coombsie said:

So what is the general opinion on what the fall out from the ESL participation is likely to be?   I think that the Owners and maybe by association, the Board of the Clubs should be penalised. HEAVY fines and the possibility of having their "Fit and Proper Person" registrations rescinded or put on probation which if withdrawn would effectively force them to sell.

The Clubs themselves should escape any punishment as the Manager, coaches, players etc. had no part in this fiasco.  So hurting them with points deductions or banning them from competitions is not fair. In fact it was probably the intervention of Henderson, Guardiola and Rashford that made their own clubs see sense, at Chelsea it is the fans that made the Club see reason.

There WILL be further sanctions, I just wonder what form they may take?

no punishments, just legislate to stop it happening again. punishing rich owners is impossible, you only punish those under them.

27 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Can’t help but feel Man Utd are the real winners here, with Ed Woodward resigning.

Hopefully he’ll be banned from the league.

Apparently Woodward actually resigned because he was forced to join the ESL by the Glazers.

If this is proven to be true, he will be a hero with Man Ure fans !!

32 minutes ago, coco said:

And also bring in a salary cap for players, a cap on transfer fees, a cap on agents cuts, 5% of tickets go free to local kids to guarantee the next generation of fans from the locality are not priced out of the stadium.

Performance pay and less guaranteed weekly pay. You instantly see our team performing much better.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Half the problem with finding buyers for these big clubs is the high valuation that the owners put on them, encouraged by the likes of Forbes ( I am sure they are all in cahoots).

They typically want to get all their money back, plus a premium, neither of which is realistic in my view given how much gets wasted on exorbitant player fees, wages, agents etc etc.. I don't see why a prospective new owner (or group of owners) should have to pay for bad decisions and mis-management by the incumbent ....