Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

16 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Think the fans see this as a chance to get the owners out, especially Kroenke and Glaziers. City... no idea.

Problem is when it comes to these owners the fans often miss the point. They hate the owners but still back their symptoms like the managers who suck them off (Ole and Arteta both do that with the Glazers and Kroenke respectively) and 'processes' signed off on by the same owners amoung other things.

If they truly want to make a stand against the owners then it has to be an all in commitment. Boycott games, don't buy merchandise and turn against the players/managers not good enough to be at their club and wouldn't be if they had the correct ambition befitting their club size. The last one is harsh but bottom line is accepting employees that aren't good enough is for all intents and purposes supporting these parasites.

When I was typing this the one thought that crosses my mind constantly is thank f**k we don't have that problem with our owner.

28 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Think the fans see this as a chance to get the owners out, especially Kroenke and Glaziers. City... no idea.

It's possible but my thought process suits me better....I like to think they are just a bunch of glory hunting, glory stealing, attention seeking tosspots.

Should help me get some good sleep tonight knowing we are better people 👍

Edited by Malta Blue
2 hours ago, coco said:

I have to admit i don't know enough about the financial goings on of a tier 6-7 club, so i wont pretend to. I would be surprised if any of the players at that level are in it for the money, so i'm not sure where these lower clubs haemorrhage money to if its not on players.

The PL is tier 1

Championship tier 2

Div 1 tier 3

Div 2 tier 4

National league tier 5

Conference North /South tier 6

and tier 7 Three leagues Southern League Premier, Ishmian League & Northern Premier League

A couple of clubs at tier 6 are full time a sizeable number  are contracted but a lot are non contract players who whilst not paid are wage are paid expenses . 
At tier seven it’s rare to find contracted players but Dorchester Town FC  for instance who are in the Southern league show wages for the year £129k.

Edited by terraloon
2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not surprised by it bit still a bit sadden to see the momentum from this being wasted on petty club tribal matters rather than for the betterment of the game.

United fans using this moment to go after the glazers,  Liverpool fans after FSG, Arsenal fans after Kronke, Spurs fans after Enic. 

They were long unhappy with them before all this and are taking advantage to drum up further influence on the matter.

The super league idea was a terrible one, but one that came from a place of UEFA and Fifa being corrupt, money grabbing and unfit to regulate the game.

Not to mention  those that run the PL and Fa are far from perfect. None of them take racism seriously enough. None of them put the interest of the game above lining their own pockets. This pressure should continue with game rule makers. Not petty club issues.

Well to be fair you have to get your own house in order before changing the whole system with UEFA so in a way it's good that the fans protest against their owners, I think Gary Neville said publicly that those people should be out of the game first and foremost.

This is also interesting for us because our owner has been one of the best in comparison to those in question that barely watched a few games of their teams but if a club like Manchester United and Liverpool gets a new owner for the better that would be a good thing for the game but at the same time it will be potentially harder for us and that would be a real test for Roman.

31 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I don't think either Rangers or Celtic joining the EPL would be a good thing, think there would be too much trouble.

I also think Scotland will get independence from the UK and that will stop the former clubs joining the EPL.

The problems, not just from the supporters angle would be horrendous.

First based on all the furore this week about sporting merit surely that have to go up through the leagues. But at what level would they join ? 
If the powers that be are true to their beliefs it would have to be non league but can you really believe they would fancy joining the Northern League ? 

Ok so let’s just say they are parachuted in.

Again what’s been said this week about sporting merit but let’s suppose that could be swung. What league would they go into if they were to be relegated ? Who would take their place if they had to go back to the SPL ? 

Would they have to play in the FA cup as the rules state ? Or could they play in the Scottish cup ? What if they won that cup would they take a Scottish Europa League place or an English place.

But above all what would Mrs Kranke say about it all?

Edited by terraloon

Busy so not searched if this has been discussed above, sorry if it has. 

It is highly likely that FA and probably UEFA will look at sanctioning the clubs involved, and rightly so,  they presented it as a fais accompli. Despite our swift withdrawal (oh er) at best we are probably looking at points deduction. 

That is the biggest mistake by the clubs involved  in my book as I am sure it was only ever meant as a shot across the bows at the governing bodies.  Love or loath them and most of us including me loath them this does prove that the sport does need governing bodies. 

1 hour ago, terraloon said:

The problems, not just from the supporters angle would be horrendous.

First based on all the furore this week about sporting merit surely that have to go up through the leagues. But at what level would they join ? 
If the powers that be are true to their beliefs it would have to be non league but can you really believe they would fancy joining the Northern League ? 

Ok so let’s just say they are parachuted in.

Again what’s been said this week about sporting merit but let’s suppose that could be swung. What league would they go into if they were to be relegated ? Who would take their place if they had to go back to the SPL ? 

Would they have to play in the FA cup as the rules state ? Or could they play in the Scottish cup ? What if they won that cup would they take a Scottish Europa League place or an English place.

But above all what would Mrs Kranke say about it all?

On the last point she would be strongly against it.

On the earlier one I would assume Championship though a question would arise to how you did this fairly given the lower league promote teams to the Championship.

1 hour ago, andy said:

It is highly likely that FA and probably UEFA will look at sanctioning the clubs involved, and rightly so,  they presented it as a fais accompli. Despite our swift withdrawal (oh er) at best we are probably looking at points deduction. 

That is the biggest mistake by the clubs involved  in my book as I am sure it was only ever meant as a shot across the bows at the governing bodies.  Love or loath them and most of us including me loath them this does prove that the sport does need governing bodies. 

We could argue of course; we wasn't seriously considering joining....we only agreed to it so we could bring it down from the inside

Edited by Malta Blue
3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Protests planned outside the Ethiad, the Emirates and Old Trafford for this weekend matches. Am I a bit cynical or is this just a bit of jumping on our band wagon and saying stuff like we did our part and we can do it too.

Too little too late we already won the race and let us have our 5 minutes glory

Honestly people are just tired of the lockdown and not going to matches. This is the closest they will get to go to a concert

1 hour ago, andy said:

Not harsh enough. Think about it, if you want to weed out the people only in football to make money and not to put in to the sport the  relegated all 6 to league 2. That will sort out who wants to be here.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Anyone else concerned that some of our players will have lost faith in the club and want to leave?

There is far bigger chance our player want to leave if there is esl and we are not part of it

13 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

As usual the Germans get it right.

no German teams involved due to the 51% rule

As I posted yesterday it’s a myth that all German Clubs operate under the 51% rule. Ironically Bayern have been suggesting for some time that the rule needs to be abandoned to a degree they have been successful because it used to be 100% membership control

In Germany if a club has been in private ownership for over 20 years they were allowed to opt out of the 50%+1 as did Wolfsburg who are 100% owned by VW. 

Make no bones about it others have found their way around the rule such as RB they have members but you can count their number on the fingers of one hand and the sums they pay for membership ain’t just a couple of €

I have been thinking about this overnight and to introduce this 50%+1 would require major changes to company law and probably would have to be introduced to cover all sporting clubs such as Rugby League and in respect of the big six the possibility of the government somehow or the other getting the current owners to gift just over 50% of their shareholding is just not going to happen

I suspect any attempt to try to pass legislation to in effect nab their investment would not get through a vote in the current parliament. Even if it were I am not sure the matter would include the Scottish, Welsh ,or N Irish MPs  as I suspect these matters are devolved which if you take away their votes then the majority of Conservatives is even greater and maybe not to a man or woman  but the suggestion of Government getting involved would probably scare them rotten . Free enterprise and all that!

If it were me I would suggest that the only feasible operating model would be 76%. - 24% The owners might just go with that on a voluntary basis

Those %s would stop the majority shareholder being able to pass any special resolution without agreement of the minority and as such there easily could be a requirement in each companies A&M requiring a seat on the board for that minority group

There would be other hurdles to get over but those can easily be included in clubs A&M which could only be amended by a voting majority of 75% as per current company law.

Thoughts?