Should we do a mini raid on Leicester City in the summer?

Gol15

On 23/04/2021 at 17:19, Gol15 said:

We really need at least a new DM, there is no question about it. Here are the 2 players we should take a closer look at from Leicester City:

Wilfred Ndidi - 24 y/o, 6 feet tall, a classic DM that we need. Arguably one of the best DM in the whole PL right now, would be sad if he goes to Liverpool so we should sign him.

Wilfred is really good in defense and he can pass the ball at least as good as Kante part from the long range passes I guess... Here are 2 nice videos:

Some nice article about him:

https://theprideoflondon.com/2021/03/30/chelsea-midfielder-scouting-two-ndidi/5/

Also an obligatory pie chart:

pizza_wilfred_ndidi_DM_2020-21-1472x1472

On to the second player...

Youri Tielemans - 23 y/o, around 5'10.

An all around central midfielder, currently even with a slightly higher value than Ndidi according to transfermarkt.

Both Ndidi and Tielemans are better in basically all the sheer numbers of defensive stats in comparison to Jorginho and Kovacic - From the Premier league website they got a higher amount of interceptions, recoveries, duels won and areal duels won. The only stat that goes in favor by a total number is Kovacic's Successful 50/50s won and that's it.

Now you can argue that both Jorginho and Kovacic are better passers of the ball but it's really not showing when it comes to end product - Tielemans has scored 6 goals and has made 3 assists from open play, in comparison Kovacic has made only 1 assist and 0 goals so far.
Oh but Jorginho has 6 goals and 1 assist, sure sure but all of the goals were from the penalty spot, not a single goal from open play. Ndidi on the other hand has 3 assists and 1 goal which was from open play, against us... And an assist against Liverpool.

If you ask me both of these guys would be a clear upgrade of our squad. Adding that both Ndidi and Tielemans are younger than Jorginho and Kovacic it's a no brainer.

Gol with all respect, on this one you can take your pie chart, your stats, and your YouTube clips and store them securely in a location where the sun doesn't shine.

Ndidi and Tielemans go to sleep at night and dream about one day, a long time from now, way in the future, of being half as good as Kante's shadow. And they both know they never will be.

4 minutes ago, just said:

Gol with all respect, on this one you can take your pie chart, your stats, and your YouTube clips and store them securely in a location where the sun doesn't shine.

Ndidi and Tielemans go to sleep at night and dream about one day, a long time from now, way in the future, of being half as good as Kante's shadow. And they both know they never will be.

OK sorry. I never posted this thinking about Kante so I hope you're aware of that, I was comparing those two to Jorginho and Kovacic, never mentioned Kante.

12 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

OK sorry. I never posted this thinking about Kante so I hope you're aware of that, I was comparing those two to Jorginho and Kovacic, never mentioned Kante.

No it's my bad Gol. I have re-read your analysis. I saw Kante mentioned as the comparison with Ndidi at the start and misinterpreted the rest of the post from that.

2 minutes ago, just said:

No it's my bad Gol. I have re-read your analysis. I saw Kante mentioned as the comparison with Ndidi at the start and misinterpreted the rest of the post from that.

OK no problem.

On 24/04/2021 at 00:19, Gol15 said:

We really need at least a new DM, there is no question about it. Here are the 2 players we should take a closer look at from Leicester City:

Wilfred Ndidi - 24 y/o, 6 feet tall, a classic DM that we need. Arguably one of the best DM in the whole PL right now, would be sad if he goes to Liverpool so we should sign him.

Wilfred is really good in defense and he can pass the ball at least as good as Kante part from the long range passes I guess... Here are 2 nice videos:

Some nice article about him:

https://theprideoflondon.com/2021/03/30/chelsea-midfielder-scouting-two-ndidi/5/

Also an obligatory pie chart:

pizza_wilfred_ndidi_DM_2020-21-1472x1472

On to the second player...

Youri Tielemans - 23 y/o, around 5'10.

An all around central midfielder, currently even with a slightly higher value than Ndidi according to transfermarkt.

Both Ndidi and Tielemans are better in basically all the sheer numbers of defensive stats in comparison to Jorginho and Kovacic - From the Premier league website they got a higher amount of interceptions, recoveries, duels won and areal duels won. The only stat that goes in favor by a total number is Kovacic's Successful 50/50s won and that's it.

Now you can argue that both Jorginho and Kovacic are better passers of the ball but it's really not showing when it comes to end product - Tielemans has scored 6 goals and has made 3 assists from open play, in comparison Kovacic has made only 1 assist and 0 goals so far.
Oh but Jorginho has 6 goals and 1 assist, sure sure but all of the goals were from the penalty spot, not a single goal from open play. Ndidi on the other hand has 3 assists and 1 goal which was from open play, against us... And an assist against Liverpool.

If you ask me both of these guys would be a clear upgrade of our squad. Adding that both Ndidi and Tielemans are younger than Jorginho and Kovacic it's a no brainer.

I agree 100% Good analysis 👍

8 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Ndidi is more of a thug in midfield then anything else, got away with so many tackles today its not even funny. 

No denying he does that enforcer job well, but quite a limited player imo. 

He's the player we need, part from someone that can score goals we do need this kind of a classical bully in the midfield.

50 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He's the player we need, part from someone that can score goals we do need this kind of a classical bully in the midfield.

I don't disagree, he does a job. 

Just not sure he's what we're crying out for. Ampadu could do what he does and he's on the books already. 

20 hours ago, just said:

Yves Bissouma in, Jorginho out.

Need to move quick though. Arsenal, Liverpool and United all looking at him.

Yves Bissouma, plus Tielmanns and Nididi in, Jorgi and Kovacic out. Those 3 plus Gilmour and Kante gives us 5 excellent options so we are not caught short in the middle again. Dont want to sign all 3? Pick two and keep Kova.

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Yves Bissouma, plus Tielmanns and Nididi in, Jorgi and Kovacic out. Those 3 plus Gilmour and Kante gives us 5 excellent options so we are not caught short in the middle again. Dont want to sign all 3? Pick two and keep Kova.

Tuchel seems to be a huge fan of Kovacic, so I don’t see him being sold. I think bringing in Bissouma and Tielemens would be smart business. Leicester have been open to doing business with us in the past with Kante and Drinkwater, so maybe it’s possible.

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

the 4-2-3-1 with Ndidi and Kante together looks to me like the best defensive midfield partnership in the whole league by far. Then ahead of them Mount/Havertz/Tielemans? We can make 2-3 lineups with those players.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Tuchel seems to be a huge fan of Kovacic, so I don’t see him being sold. I think bringing in Bissouma and Tielemens would be smart business. Leicester have been open to doing business with us in the past with Kante and Drinkwater, so maybe it’s possible.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Jorgino MW, but I think it would be a big mistake to sell Kovacic. In his first season under Sarri I thought he was woeful and despite the transfer ban I did not want us to make the loan move from Madrid permanent. But under Frank and Tuchel he has slowly turned my opinion round over time. If only he could contribute the odd goal or two he would be superb.

It 's one of the reasons I won't write off Werner just yet, even though I think he has been hugely underwhelming so far and looks like he can't trap a bag of cement!

Edited by just

1 hour ago, just said:

Everyone knows my thoughts on Jorgino MW, but I think it would be a big mistake to sell Kovacic. In his first season under Sarri I thought he was woeful and despite the transfer ban I did not want us to make the loan move from Madrid permanent. But under Frank and Tuchel he has slowly turned my opinion round over time. If only he could contribute the odd goal or two he would be superb.

It 's one of the reasons I won't write off Werner just yet, even though I think he has been hugely underwhelming so far and looks like he can't trap a bag of cement!

I agree. Though I’ve had my moments of not being Kova’s biggest fan, he too has changed my mind over the past year and a half.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 1manwent2moan said:

Quality Thread, but this is the post! Class.

Everton tried that and ended up spending about £100m on Rooney, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Davy Klaassen and Theo Walcott.  They'd hired Fat Sam by November!