Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

just want to mention our club's owner in the aftermath of tonight's game and our progressing to a third Champions League final. 

imho Roman Abramovich has been a force for good throughout his tenure. his investment in the club, his commitment to building Chelsea into one of England and Europe's most successful clubs and his passion for the game itself have been things we have all savoured. i can forgive the Super League fiasco.

here's hoping the guys can pick up the silverware this season and give Roman, who is still exiled from the Bridge, the enjoyment and reward he deserves   

1 minute ago, goose said:

@Valerie I’m counting on you for a fair assessment of the whole match. 
I have not seen or heard any official commentary tonight. I had a check a couple of times on the score and that’s it. 
From reading though a bit of the thread it appears that we could have won more. Who missed the chances. Where they sitters. Who is MOTM. 

I can sum it up for @Valerie;

White socks - still won. 
Blue socks - would have scored more. 

first posting here...can't speak more highly about this team.  truth is spoken in many posts:  Lampard one of best ever, as a coach maybe not as well rounded as TT but that's b/c he played for so long at such a high level.  without some of the predecessors including Lampard there would be no Havertz or Mount nor Pulisic if not for Sarri.  i do feel had Pulisic started perhaps the game would have been decided with some better finishing but that's splitting hairs.  must give MASSIVE credit to TT for pulling the right strings at the right time...that Pulisic pass was sublime drew out the Madrid backline/keeper then set it up on a tee for Mount.  

incredible performance.

Just now, chelseaFanLA said:

first posting here...can't speak more highly about this team.  truth is spoken in many posts:  Lampard one of best ever, as a coach maybe not as well rounded as TT but that's b/c he played for so long at such a high level.  without some of the predecessors including Lampard there would be no Havertz or Mount nor Pulisic if not for Sarri.  i do feel had Pulisic started perhaps the game would have been decided with some better finishing but that's splitting hairs.  must give MASSIVE credit to TT for pulling the right strings at the right time...that Pulisic pass was sublime drew out the Madrid backline/keeper then set it up on a tee for Mount.  

incredible performance.

Warm welcome hope you like it here, cheers!

8 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

just want to mention our club's owner in the aftermath of tonight's game and our progressing to a third Champions League final. 

imho Roman Abramovich has been a force for good throughout his tenure. his investment in the club, his commitment to building Chelsea into one of England and Europe's most successful clubs and his passion for the game itself have been things we have all savoured. i can forgive the Super League fiasco.

here's hoping the guys can pick up the silverware this season and give Roman, who is still exiled from the Bridge, the enjoyment and reward he deserves   

Best owner in world football. Simple as

This season seems like history repeating itself in some ways to what happened in 2012. New manager coming in halfway during season, FA Cup final, CL final, top 4 in balance 

Could it be

Edited by Chelsbear

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

Best owner in world football. Simple as

This season seems like history repeating itself in some ways to what happened in 2012. New manager coming in halfway during season, FA Cup final, CL final. 

Could it be

Lord I hope so and not how we were robbed in Moscow by a different Manchester side.

3 minutes ago, HavertzBroadway said:

That‘s everything you got to offer as an answer? Fair enough. Meanwhile, German media is currently busy murdering Lampard with statistics and comparisons with Tuchel. You can live in your bubble. The fact is, Lampard would have never brought us here. He f**ked up against all Top 10 teams in the league. He sidelined players like Rüdiger. Jorginho even came out and indirectly hinted that Lampard didn‘t know how to get the team going. We lost to the worst Arsenal side in a long time. Lampard got lucky he has so many mates in English media protecting him.

Fans from rivals were crying when we sacked Lampard. The redcafe was in depression, Fighting cock were sad, the Kop was complaining he should have stayed longer. What does that tell you? Childish fanboys. Lampard as a manager was a shower of sh*t.

meaghan rath comedy GIF by CBC

4 minutes ago, HavertzBroadway said:

That‘s everything you got to offer as an answer? Fair enough. Meanwhile, German media is currently busy murdering Lampard with statistics and comparisons with Tuchel. You can live in your bubble. The fact is, Lampard would have never brought us here. He f**ked up against all Top 10 teams in the league. He sidelined players like Rüdiger. Jorginho even came out and indirectly hinted that Lampard didn‘t know how to get the team going. We lost to the worst Arsenal side in a long time. Lampard got lucky he has so many mates in English media protecting him.

Fans from rivals were crying when we sacked Lampard. The redcafe was in depression, Fighting cock were sad, the Kop was complaining he should have stayed longer. What does that tell you? Childish fanboys. Lampard as a manager was a shower of sh*t.

@Mod Stark

he’s rambling on about Frank when we just beaten Real Madrid to reach champions league final, so obvious he’s not a Chelsea fan

2021 = 2012 been saying it all along, the parallels are plain for all to see with this semi against top Spanish oppo being one sign of many. 
Tickle has turned out to be a revelation in a brilliant way. But let’s not forget who got us through the group as winners.

No words can explain how we are all feeling,  so I’m just gonna get on it big time (coming up to 3pm now) listen to Spirts Bar, watch post game interviews, replays highlights etc.   CAREFREE FOREVER !