Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT

45 minutes for the final, come on boys another half of sacrifice and strong football!

We should play better our counter, we can score another one, especially from our left side. Mount is beating the players on his side. 

Very important goal, oh god please help us here!

COME ON CHELS!!!

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Kai has to get his head up and see the back post run by Mason. 

Not sure what Kai had brought in the first 45 min. Jorgie is also very quiet.

Mount, Kante, Timo, and the defense had been very solid the first half.

Happy to be  up at halftime. But it's not over. 

We should be 2-0 up if not more. Another wasted chance from Havertz at the end. 

Huge half coming up. Need to dig in and defend for our lives. Career defining stuff. Need some more Kante superman stuff I suspect.

1 minute ago, RMH said:

That was an intense first half, blimey the pace was unbelievable from both teams. What I’d given to be at the Bridge with all the supporters buzzing

Note to self: petition the club to sell icecream at the concession stands, although delivery at my seat is preferable.

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

Why the f**k isn't there even 10 seconds of added time when we scored a goal and had a Var check

It's really annoying. It's been going on in European competitions for the past 3 or 4 seasons now. Refs are clearly being instructed to do this and the only reason I can think why is because they want to stop goals being scored in stoppage time.

2 minutes ago, jack h said:

Good half, as with the 1st leg Madrid have looked there for the taking if we could step it up a bit. They'll kick into gear at some point, need another goal or two to keep them pinned down.

Feels the same as last week, a wasted opportunity. This tie should be done, it's our lack of killer instinct that continues to hold us back.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

What the f**k is with refs blowing the whistle dead on 45 minutes? Did he not stop his watch with the VAR check, the goal and all of the other stoppages for corners, shots and fouls?

Why do you want extra time we are 1 up get into the dressing room 

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It's really annoying. It's been going on in European competitions for the past 3 or 4 seasons now. Refs are clearly being instructed to do this and the only reason I can think why is because they want to stop goals being scored in stoppage time.

Yeah, you never know they might have scored on the counter. Unlikely but still.

2 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Note to self: petition the club to sell icecream at the concession stands, although delivery at my seat is preferable.

This is an option in the West Stand I believe via an app. 

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Terrible from the ref, clearly there was time for that corner kick. There was 1 goal and another one not allowed after offside and several yellow cards that alone is enough for an extra minute for that corner kick.