Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT

1 minute ago, smkhairat said:

On bein sports, gullit and wenger talking about possibility of CL final not being played in Istanbul as they have just gone into lockdown over there. Saying safest bet would be moving it to a stadium in England

That would be the logical, common sense thing to do with two English teams in the final again.

But it's UEFA's decision so............... no chance!

What a game!!!!

I thought we'd manage to find a way to lose it after all those wasted chances in the 2nd half. But hats off to the lads, they didnt let their shoulders drop and kept hitting Real hard for that 2nd goal. Everyone played their part but a special mention for Mendy. That save against Benzema was top class!. Had it gone in it wouldve been a different game.

But the most impressive thing for me was that we never them a sniff in the 2nd half. That was massively impressive and loved the way we kept our cool and wound their dirty players up every now and then. 

That was a lovely performance. Thoroughly deserved win!

Just now, Gol15 said:

You can't say that Kai isn't special. He's only 21 and he casually tried to chip Courtois you have to be almost a crazy genius in order to be that cold, he has something in him that no coach can teach and he's only going to get better from this point on.

I thought that exact thing what kind of 21 year old chips the keeper in a CL semi final second leg. He could be scary good 

Far too emotional to post anything coherent right now but one thing which really touched me was Glenn Hoddle supporting us throughout.

For all the sh*t we go through as football fans (and we at Chelsea go through far, far less than most) - nights like this are what make it worthwhile. Just wish the fans could have been there to see it... imagine the mobbing Mason Mount would have received.

I still feel like getting sick, I thought we'd get suckered after missing so many chances. 

I'm just made up for everyone in the club, everyone on here. 

Its been a mad year, we've had our differences about things, but let's enjoy it, amazing couple of weeks.

KTBFFH

Just now, Valpo said:

I am going with Mendy.  Everyone played well but Mendy saved our rears out there.

Both keepers had good games. That save from Benzema was amazing. Difference between he and Kepa is the difference between night and day.

Kante for me. Created both goals with different aspects of his skillset.

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

Funny that the team that we have could not exist if Hazard was still here. He looked a shadow of himself tonight.

Courtois gave his all and kept them in it but I thought Mendy was great. 

Chelsea is bigger than any player. Hope they both regret their decision tonight. 

I never really felt like Courtois connected with the club, like Hazard did. Probably didn't help that he played a big part in knocking us out of the Champions League semi with Athletico when he was on loan. Nice to finally get some measure of revenge on him for that one, despite his best efforts tonight. Eden should always be held in high regard at the Bridge. He gave us so many great performances and memories.

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Any player that runs further than Kante over a game deserves a medal.

That was only one of the Kante twins though. The other one must have been just off the leader board...

€366 PP for flights, cheapest I can find, now for a hotel or air bnb or anything like that I'm looking at €500 and that's without tickets for the match. I'm ok with it....now to get the wife to let me f**k off for a couple of nights. That's the biggest challenge

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

€366 PP for flights, cheapest I can find, now for a hotel or air bnb or anything like that I'm looking at €500 and that's without tickets for the match. I'm ok with it....now to get the wife to let me f**k off for a couple of nights. That's the biggest challenge

I think she’d be more than happy for the peace...

5 minutes ago, just said:

That would be the logical, common sense thing to do with two English teams in the final again.

But it's UEFA's decision so............... no chance!

We are already going to Wembley once. Maybe we should have the game held at Anfield? Would be wuote the party for whoever wins 😉

Just now, HavertzBroadway said:

Yes, I m a Chelse fan, not a Lampard fan solely. No playeris bigger than the club. Lmpard as a player: one of the best in our history.
Lampard as manager: one of the worst in our history.

Let‘s agree to disagree. Great times to be a Chelsea fan

You realise our history started in 1905 right, not 2003.