Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

1 hour ago, haviet1 said:

I think it's a very simple line up, don't need to overthink things.

----------------Mendy---------------------

----Azpi--------Silva-------Rudi-----

----James----Kante---Jorgi----Chillwell

-----------------Mount-----------------

-------------Kai--------Pulisic----------

With both Kai and Pulisic up front, RM will have lots to worry about. Their movements and runs off the ball will keep that defense working all day long.

It's a tough call but the way Kai and Timo were linking up at the weekend i would not be surprised to see both start, and finish with Christian for Timo in the last 30.

I would hate to be tuchel right now. While pulisic and havertz have deserved a spot on the squad for their respective goal-scoring feats our attack has a measurable quality boost provided by Timo Werner and we missed that in the last few minutes when he was substituted.

14 minutes ago, coco said:

It's a tough call but the way Kai and Timo were linking up at the weekend i would not be surprised to see both start, and finish with Christian for Timo in the last 30.

It is a good problem to have isn't it? 

Regardless of who starts, I just want a win and Chelsea in the CL final.

8 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

It is a good problem to have isn't it? 

Regardless of who starts, I just want a win and Chelsea in the CL final.

Those four players are young and have a lot of potential to become World class, especially with a manager like TT. They're all on the verge of greatness, just 90 mins away from reaching the pinnacle of World club football, and yet it feels more like it did in 2005 than 2012 with a flare attack, a really tough defensive team ethic, and a top class technical manager.

57 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I dont think Real would beat them, I doubt we would either against their A team. If PSG dont Mount a comeback, Real or us are screwed imo.

Blimey, no point in playing any more games in the CL then, may as well give them the trophy now and save the bus fare and bother of going to Istanbul ffs !

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Blimey, no point in playing any more games in the CL then, may as well give them the trophy now and save the bus fare and bother of going to Istanbul ffs !

Lol written in the stars for Drogba to part us with that amazing gift. Kinda believe Aguero will get to do the same for City. Football has a way of writing those stories.

40 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Lol written in the stars for Drogba to part us with that amazing gift. Kinda believe Aguero will get to do the same for City. Football has a way of writing those stories.

I sincerely hope you are mistaken - why can’t it be written in the stars for Dave, he’s been mr Chelsea for as long as Aguero has been at city, doesn’t make a fuss, totally dependable, gives everything, model professional.

He’s our capitano , would love to see him lift old big ears, why not , think positively, let’s do it for Dave :good2:

Start with Kante and his illusions + Mount + Werner and Captain America and just run run run and you've squeezed out 45 minutes already, just important to win some areal duels so that Ramos or Benzema don't get a freebie from a corner or something random.

Hazard never really got to settle in Madrid due to injuries, not sure if Ramos even played 2 full games in 21' and if we play with a false 9 he's basically a non-factor in defense so without Varane and Carvajal... OK Mendy is back so he's kind of a problem but that's easy pickings for Mighty Reece James so it's hard to not be carefree at this point.

Deep down we all knew that Kovacic is too good of a dribbler for the semi's, someone should text him that he can just prepare for the finals to shine and that's that, a bit of overconfidence can't hurt at all I mean biggest game in the last 7+ years but I'm not worried I saw some photoshopped pics of our squad winning the whole thing so at first it felt like why would anyone do that at this point it's clearly too early but then it just looks so right.

39 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I sincerely hope you are mistaken - why can’t it be written in the stars for Dave, he’s been mr Chelsea for as long as Aguero has been at city, doesn’t make a fuss, totally dependable, gives everything, model professional.

He’s our capitano , would love to see him lift old big ears, why not , think positively, let’s do it for Dave :good2:

Hope I am wrong as well. Difference with Drogba, Aguero and Dave is that the former two left/are leaving and Dave is not far as we know.

22 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Varane's definitely out. Ramos and Ferland Mendy are back. Valverde's expecting a second negative Covid test result, if it happens, he's also back.

1 out 3 in, so they are a lot stronger this time out.

13 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

This is not the same Madrid a few years ago, I am feeling pretty good about this match.

Heck, the first leg should have been 3-0 to Chelsea.

Agreed. Ramos didn't play for a long time, not sure about Mendy but that defense can be exploited just as well. Just keep em busy and don't get lost in mind games - I have a good feeling as well but it's still quite open (since we didn't win 3:0 the first leg....)

My only worry are free-kicks/corners against us. Hope Dave has a good day tomorrow because albeit the whole Timo bashing he was actually our weakest link (by far imo) in that game.

15 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

1 out 3 in, so they are a lot stronger this time out.

Yes, plus Hazard has had another week to get back into shape and Kroos and Modric were given a rest over the weekend.

It's going to be tough.

15 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Yes, plus Hazard has had another week to get back into shape and Kroos and Modric were given a rest over the weekend.

It's going to be tough.

I reckon so. Given their defence had more holes than swiss cheese with Varane and Carvajal they are not really big losses. With the 3 back they are going to be much more solid.

30 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Hope I am wrong as well. Difference with Drogba, Aguero and Dave is that the former two left/are leaving and Dave is not far as we know.

Don’t think Dave’s got too long left, but I tell you what, I’ll take your Aguero and raise you a Dave plus a Frankie Lampard - reckon that takes care of that :bluescalf:

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Don’t think Dave’s got too long left, but I tell you what, I’ll take your Aguero and raise you a Dave plus a Frankie Lampard - reckon that takes care of that :bluescalf:

Lol yes Lamps would get a medal too.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Ok switch Dave for GIROUD. He has been a great servant and never causes a fuss. He comes in and scores a late winner in the UCL Final and then leaves Chelsea a LEGEND

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Varane's definitely out. Ramos and Ferland Mendy are back. Valverde's expecting a second negative Covid test result, if it happens, he's also back.

Daem that means Varane already had one negative. It wont suprise me if he is cleared to fly into England tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

Ok switch Dave for GIROUD. He has been a great servant and never causes a fuss. He comes in and scores a late winner in the UCL Final and then leaves Chelsea a LEGEND

Ask @Munkworth if he never causes a fuss all he needs to do is simply appear on the tv and it's over cats flying and what not...

Anyway if we really think about it, it all comes down to our secret weapon... Kepa saving the first 2 penalties during the shootout as the biggest hero of the whole milky way, taking the mic and saying forget about your golden gloves I'm all about that cocaine and caviar baby you can't beat this backslick viva el Chels! 

39 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

:stop:       Softly, softly, catchee monkey, probably best get Madrid out of the way first before we dare to dream !