Chelsea v Real Madrid (CL Semi-Final 2nd leg) Wed 5th May 2021 20:00 GMT

Turkey added to the UK "Red list" meaning people entering the country from Turkey need to isolate in a hotel for 10 days on their return. 

FA are in discussions with Uefa over moving the final to the UK. Yesterday UEFA said that the final would go ahead in Istanbul. 

After all the noise from the FA, UEFA and FIFA over the last couple of weeks about how important the fans are and that they're the foundation of the game... Let's see them put their money where their mouth is and actually make a sensible decision and move the final to UK venue for the benefit of those very same fans they claim to care so much about. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Turkey added to the UK "Red list" meaning people entering the country from Turkey need to isolate in a hotel for 10 days on their return. 

FA are in discussions with Uefa over moving the final to the UK. Yesterday UEFA said that the final would go ahead in Istanbul. 

After all the noise from the FA, UEFA and FIFA over the last couple of weeks about how important the fans are and that they're the foundation of the game... Let's see them put their money where their mouth is and actually make a sensible decision and move the final to UK venue for the benefit of those very same fans they claim to care so much about. 

Apparently if moved to England the main options are Villa Park and White Hart Lane.

Please, please, please let it be the latter, winning the UCL in Tottenham's 'fortress' is probably the only thing that can top Munich.

45 minutes ago, Argo said:

Apparently if moved to England the main options are Villa Park and White Hart Lane.

Please, please, please let it be the latter, winning the UCL in Tottenham's 'fortress' is probably the only thing that can top Munich.

Hear me out here, what about hosting it in malta? Its definitely neutral, it's sort of half way between uk and turkey and the maltese government is planning on giving tourists €200 vouchers for hotels to boost the economy. Everyone wins

54 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I knew it, look at the infection rate the other day...

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

Hear me out here, what about hosting it in malta? Its definitely neutral, it's sort of half way between uk and turkey and the maltese government is planning on giving tourists €200 vouchers for hotels to boost the economy. Everyone wins

I'm not against any suggestion but aren't Malta only open to fully vaccinated travellers or have I got you mixed up with another country? (I've done more travel research in the last month than I ever did revision in school so could quite easily have my wires crossed here 🤣).

I know the players will be excempt I'm thinking more the younger fans that would be penalised.

6 hours ago, Phillip said:

I said it much earlier in this thread, but I will say it again, as I feel it needs repeating - like the first leg with the Dutch referee (Val's Dad?), I thought the Italian referee was extremely fair and did not fall for any shenanigans from either side (mainly from Real, as we don't do that too much since Morata left us).  In some respects, he maybe was a bit too harsh on Real, as Andrea's really bad foul very early in the match (around the 4th minute, I believe), on Eden (?), was not given as a yellow, when it really should have been a yellow.  

Let's just hope it stays that way in the final (I am expecting that German referee that we always see in big matches).

Thought the refs in both legs were superb. So nice when you don't have to whinge about a ref after an important game.

Let's hope it's the same for the final.

3 minutes ago, Argo said:

I'm not against any suggestion but aren't Malta only open to fully vaccinated travellers or have I got you mixed up with another country? (I've done more travel research in the last month than I ever did revision in school so could quite easily have my wires crossed here 🤣).

I know the players will be excempt I'm thinking more the younger fans that would be penalised.

I wont be penalised 🤣 malta has moved uk to amber meaning that you would have to either be vaccinated or have a negative test within 72hrs of travelling here. But the government is so corrupt and money focused that they would probably agree to move the uk into the green for a week before and a week after the final

After personally deciding that it's a good idea I have sent a message to someone high up in the MFA asking them to throw our national stadiums hat into the ring as a possibility. UEFA will probably ignore it but it's worth a try....for me atleast

Just now, Malta Blue said:

Yeah but that was pre arranged  before the competition started...and if you remember the home team lost...do you want that to happen again?

Have you got room for us ? dont want to sink the island and make you homeless.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Have you got room for us ? dont want to sink the island and make you homeless.

It would be worth it, there is a huge fan base out here so all chelsea fans will be well accommodated

1 minute ago, Malta Blue said:

It would be worth it, there is a huge fan base out here so all chelsea fans will be well accommodated

tbh anywhere in Europe is better than Turkey, no offence to Turkey, just crazy to take two lots of fans across the whole of Europe to a country with a higher infection rate than anywhere in Europe.

Just now, coco said:

tbh anywhere in Europe is better than Turkey, no offence to Turkey, just crazy to take two lots of fans across the whole of Europe to a country with a higher infection rate than anywhere in Europe.

And the maltese hates the Turks because of some war a few hundred years ago. It all makes sense

21 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

If it happens anyone on this forum who comes out here get their beers paid for by me

How many beds you got?

1 minute ago, dkw said:

How many beds you got?

If it happens I will buy enough beds to cover every square inch of my place apart from small paths to commute from the fridge and from the front door to the beds