Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, coco said:

Iv'e been nervous all week, but now a calm has dawned. Tuchel has done great to get us to the final, whatever happens this won't be the end for him, just the end of the beginning. Looking forward to next season more than i can remember in recent history. 

I've been calm all week and just starting to feel the rise of nervous participation for tonight.

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Iv'e been nervous all week, but now a calm has dawned. Tuchel has done great to get us to the final, whatever happens this won't be the end for him, just the end of the beginning. Looking forward to next season more than i can remember in recent history. 

He seems to be the most intelligent of recent managers and my hope is that if the club do find him a striker and perhaps a creative midfielder, that his tactics change to be more offensive and agile, especially against the mid to lower teams because that's where the PL is won and lost as more points are to be had against those teams than the top 4. 

13 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

It's a cracking song.

For me it’s up there with Three Lions as a football song, can’t separate them as my favourite. What’s the common denominator there I wonder... :wink:

2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

For me it’s up there with Three Lions as a football song, can’t separate them as my favourite. What’s the common denominator there I wonder... :wink:

Does Craig Burley sing on both?

(Apologies if I've just ruined Blue Day for you)

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I was watching and then when they showed Lampard's penalty after his father died it hit me and then right after that you see Drogba... 

Was him mum.

Great video. Hope TT has made the players watched that and they're really pumped up tonight.

1 hour ago, Mike Carefree said:

You may not feel slighted by so many tickets being returned...perhaps yours and my pride is different...i am currently laid up after a car hit me...but honestly i wouldnt have been there...personally, im pissed with our fans and have been for a long time..not just today....and i say so coz ive given to my club since 67/68 blood sweat n tears.....now toddle off boy

I like your post it was well put together until your last few words. Shame you let yourself down. 
firstly let me offer my best wishes that you recover from your accident speedily and fully, never a nice thing to happen. 
secondly I think it is harsh to be disappointed with our fans (or any fans for that matter) in the current climate. Who knows what hardship is bestowed on people atm and with the added hassle of COVID tests etc I don’t blame anyone for not going. 
Who wants to do a day trip to a European final costing you the best part of £800 and all u see is the inside of the ground. Not me for sure there is more to European away trips than that.

we took an estimated 30,000 to Stockholm (including yours truly) and I’m sure in normal circumstances we would have flooded the city wherever it was played.

and thirdly, I wish I was a boy as you put , my old bones are creaking and I long to be as fit as I once was but if it made you feel good to end your post with it then it served a purpose. 
we are all blues let’s get behind the team we love wherever we may be watching it ! 

Getting mightily pissed off with the biased punditry pregame, just f**k off, we know City are good, but we have their number.

• 'Gonna face a different beast'
  • 'Only played their B team' 
  • 'Fernandinho, to run riot'
  • Agueros last Hurrah'
  • Pep been building for this for 10 yrs
  • f**k off, f**k off, and f**k off some more..

6 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Getting mightily pissed off with the biased punditry pregame, just f**k off, we know City are good, but we have their number.

• Agueros last Hurrah'

Ah f**k the media, all they care about are headlines that generate clicks. Fact is that the story of City winning it is much more romantic than us doing it, we've already done it and would be winning it with a fresh team and a coach who has only been here for half a year.

Now if Lamps was still manager they would love us to win it equally imo.

32 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Does Craig Burley sing on both?

(Apologies if I've just ruined Blue Day for you)

Both were written and performed by Chelsea fans -  Mike Connaris with Suggs & David Baddiel.

Yes I’m blatantly ignoring all the non-Chelsea people involved.

14 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

• Agueros last Hurrah'

Yeah, they've also been pushing the storyline of it being a "rags to riches" story for City, despite 3 weeks ago them being "everything that's wrong with modern football". Honestly though, I'm pretty used to it by now - the state of the FA Cup final coverage meant this was to be expected really!

Focusing solely on us now, the players have had nearly a week to rest and regroup, and hopefully with the pressure of getting top 4 removed their heads might be in a better place than they were for the last few games of the season. Cup finals often exist in their own bubble, separate from form and recent results etc. and, as we know very well, anything is possible, 'part of the narrative' or not! 

28 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

I like your post it was well put together until your last few words. Shame you let yourself down. 
firstly let me offer my best wishes that you recover from your accident speedily and fully, never a nice thing to happen. 
secondly I think it is harsh to be disappointed with our fans (or any fans for that matter) in the current climate. Who knows what hardship is bestowed on people atm and with the added hassle of COVID tests etc I don’t blame anyone for not going. 
Who wants to do a day trip to a European final costing you the best part of £800 and all u see is the inside of the ground. Not me for sure there is more to European away trips than that.

we took an estimated 30,000 to Stockholm (including yours truly) and I’m sure in normal circumstances we would have flooded the city wherever it was played.

and thirdly, I wish I was a boy as you put , my old bones are creaking and I long to be as fit as I once was but if it made you feel good to end your post with it then it served a purpose. 
we are all blues let’s get behind the team we love wherever we may be watching it ! 

Respect

rewatching bits of the 2012 run I'm reminded again of one of the most under appreciated players  of Chelsea in the past decade, and that's Ramires. He provided the assist for the first leg against Barcelona and scored the absolute worldie lob in the second. Yet a year or two later departed Chelsea with zero fanfare. I really admired Ramires, he was so quick from the midfield, worked all his Chelsea career and was one of the most important players the season we won the Champions League. I hope we can find another such hero.

Im getting excited now....yes....i have a smile on this face...a smile of hope for the team and fans.....ive always said...if you go into a fight with no confidence youll lose for sure....when i look at city and us one sees a gap....but that gap can be overcome wiith a bit of confidence.....at the end of the day its a group of men v a group of men....forget weve beaten them...today is totally different....their mindset is to win..and so is ours....they may have more prolific scorers....we may have extremely good defenders...thing is city dont know who is going to score for us...because we dont either...the expected goal takers for us are not the norm....whereas, we have a feel for citys dangermen....at one point i felt city would win this with ease....then i felt it differently......on this day, chelsea are as capable of a win if they trust in their ability to do so....its not only today...its next season too....the songs that can make a spud froth to the point of collapse....come on the chelsea....come on you blues....ossies watching

8 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Did he really bet that timo will score a hat trick? 

Lol, it is funny the biggest reason why I am not so confident in this game is timo. I am pretty sure he will get into good position many times but I have 0 confidence that it will lead to anything let alone a hat trick. 

He did. He told me not to laugh but come on lol.

Anxiety is killing me, just like the other one I'm not going to mention. 2012 I was really calm about it.

At this moment if I could take a pill and wake up tomorrow I would. Its not losing that is bothering me it's all the sh*t attached to how they want Pep to win, the commentary everything.

I've not looked at Sky sports all week, nor any of our feeds showing previous games. 

Perhaps one good sign is my daughter gave me a Chelsea coin last night, I've kept in my pocket since.

This might sound like a strange thing to say but at the minute I don't know if I can watch the match. 

Ah some good posts in here this morning, afternoon for most of you.

Nerves have not hit yet, they will of we get in to the end game and we are either level or drawing. For now though calm, still 16 hours to go.

Not sure anyone on here has made it over to Portugal, if you have great job supporting the club. Hope you stayed clear of the issues with the Police and have an amazing time tonight.

For the the rest of us "armchair" fans tonight hope you all have a great time as well. Win or lose try and remember that CL finals are not easy to come by and as long as the boys do themselves proud is all we can ask.

Never know, we might all be very happy in 18 hours.

Enjoy it ladies and Gentlemen.🍺

On a side note hopefully those people at the open bar in Malta dont have their night spoiled by @Malta Blue and please spare a thought for @Munkworth , pour soul is going to be watching the game in the company of @Munkworth...🤪