Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

16 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I wonder if Tuchel may think of opting for a 4-3-3 on the weekend in order to keep Guardiola guessing about the formation for the final plus use it as an opportunity to test the formation change in case we need to change things up at some stage.

Plus we wouldn't want to give Pep and Team any additional experience against our Plan A.

He could but I don't think it would tell Pep much......unless we went 433 kept a clean sheet and looked even better defensively, which is unlikely.  

I expect this has probably been answered elsewhere but I haven't been reading the forum a lot lately. Does this mean the PL will gain an additional CL place next season? I hope not, the idea of Spurs/West Ham qualifying of the back of our and Man City's efforts doesn't sit right with me.

2 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I expect this has probably been answered elsewhere but I haven't been reading the forum a lot lately. Does this mean the PL will gain an additional CL place next season? I hope not, the idea of Spurs/West Ham qualifying of the back of our and Man City's efforts doesn't sit right with me.

The only scenario left for 5 English clubs to be in the CL next season is if we finish outside the top 4 and win the CL.

As @Argo pointed out in the Real game thread, a few buddies of his he plays the game with are City fans and they are super confident we are just their to make up the numbers as they have provide their dominance in the league already. So we are just showing up to hand them the CL trophy they deserve.

Seem to remember United fans being the same in 2008, a manchester thing perhaps, though those fans were right I guess...

Hopefully these ones are not. While some thought they would not want to be facing us it seems the majority and chuffed to bits it is us they are facing and expect a handsome win.

13 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

As @Argo pointed out in the Real game thread, a few buddies of his he plays the game with are City fans and they are super confident we are just their to make up the numbers as they have provide their dominance in the league already. So we are just showing up to hand them the CL trophy they deserve.

Seem to remember United fans being the same in 2008, a manchester thing perhaps, though those fans were right I guess...

Hopefully these ones are not. While some thought they would not want to be facing us it seems the majority and chuffed to bits it is us they are facing and expect a handsome win.

We need more of your reverse jinxes mate!

48 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

If we have to quarantine on our return surely the players have to do the same ?

The players get tested 2/3 times a week so may not have to isolate as long. Players coming back from India playing cricket are isolating less time as long as they have two negative tests

Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2021 at 16:07, Imran_CFC said:

I wonder if Tuchel may think of opting for a 4-3-3 on the weekend in order to keep Guardiola guessing about the formation for the final plus use it as an opportunity to test the formation change in case we need to change things up at some stage.

Plus we wouldn't want to give Pep and Team any additional experience against our Plan A.

Pep isn't stupid, this cunning plan won't distract him from the fact that we're obviously gonna play 3-4-3 in the final.

As to gaining experience, the 3-4-3 allows for very different approaches. Our schedule disadvantage might well see us rotate a little bit and for once sit a little deeper and look for counter attacks. In that case we'll be a very different side this weekend compared to in three weeks.

Switching to a back 4 in this game equals immediate surrender imo, might as well be really secretive by staying at home all together

Edited by Luiz4Chelsea

The thing is until our team sheet comes our Pep will still be guessing for the most part as we have such a variety of attackers the only thing he will know for certain is what our back 3 and midfield will most likely look like. 3-4-? and then either a 3 or a 2 up top. 

This is where Mason Mount comes into play. He makes the system either a 343 or 352 in fact its more like we play a hybrid of the two more recently when he plays.

He has the ability and engine to play as both a fwd and mid. This makes the system a lot more flexible. Judging from recent games its a toss up between Timo, Kai, Puli and Ziyech to play alongside Mount.

• coco locked this topic
  • coco unlocked this topic
8 hours ago, coco said:

Over the next 21 days we can win the next six games, don't rest anyone unless we have to, keep up the momentum we've built up. We're Peps worst nightmare, a team that can defend with their lives, beat the high press, and quickly turn defence into attack. 

6 down 5 to go.

In light of the performances in the last two games, I think 10 of the 11 now pick themselves:

Mendy, Dave, Thiago Silva, Rudiger, James, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Mount and Werner.

Only question mark for me is whether to go with Havertz or Pulisic.

The other lingering question was whether Dave should be played at CB or RB. He looked shattered by about the 60th minute in the Real game, and I don't think it's practical to sub off your captain/defensive leader in a Champions League Final. James showed yesterday he can be trusted in a big game defensively, and going forward he was excellent. Conversely, I don't trust Christensen or Zouma to the same degree.

Posted (edited)

Not that he would ever consider doing so here but we showed Pep on two occasions making 8, and then 9, changes to his best 11 and playing a B team against us does not work.

We have yet to see how we manage and follow TT directions against Cities best side. That side is the best in our league and will be really interesting to see how well we implement TT plans and tactics against such a team.

Edited by axman2526

will be interesting to see what "B team" we play against in this match. here is everyone that we played against and for how long in both games, look up their biggest names on this list and see how few are missing

FA CUP                                                                                                 

Steffan - full match 

Cancelo - full match 

Dias - full match 

laporte - full match                                                                               

mendy - full match

fernandihiohiohiohiohio - full match

rodri - full match

torres  - substituted off on 64

KDB - substituted off on 48

sterling - full match

jesus - full match

gundogan - substituted on on 64

foden - substituted on on 48

PL

Ederson - full match

dias - full match

laporte - full match

Ake - full match

rodri - full match

cancelo - full match

torres - taken off on 71

sterling - full match

mendy - taken off on 80

jesus - full match

agur ooooooooh  dear  - taken off on 70

gundogan - brought on on  71

Zinchenko brought on on 80

foden brought on on 70

who are we missing? mahrez and walker ( and i would argue the latter is nothing more then a washed up cum sock). 

i agree that neither time were they at full strength but that does not mean that we only played their B team both times. it is not a b team if their biggest players have played

• coco pinned this topic