Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

That is closer than Timo normally gets ūü§£

Everything that he missed this season will come back tomorrow as good luck and he'll score a hattrick... Sadly he'll still be offside.

In order news, Kante is well oiled and ready, look at that leg and white sock:

E2fm3-5WUAE4DuT?format=jpg&name=medium

Going to a pub in the West End tomorrow to watch the game. Meeting up with some of the people I go to the games with and most that I haven't seen in over a year. Looking forward to meeting up again. Several beers will be drunk and win or lose we'll be drunk. If we win I shall have a few single malt whiskies. Beer, whisky and a Chelsea win. The perfect treble.

FB_IMG_1622234569969.jpg

as others have said, all the hype seems to be around City, I feel that we've barely got a mention. also some of the City camp have been saying things this week that I would hope would give our guys that extra bit of motivation. good to see Kante back in training, he is so important to us.

looking forward to tomorrow night, we're clearly the underdogs so maybe we can deliver a shock 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Maybe not the best opinion but I would start Kai and keep Pulisic on the bench...

That is definitely how we will start. Pulisic is a great Super Sub against tired legs. Havertz doesnt strike me as a game changing sub..

The more i think of it the more i see us winning tomorrow. We falter against low blocks and we all know City dont play like that.  Citys form of defending is having possesion and having teams not test their defence. Luckily we are a good counter pressing team. I predict a Werner brace and Azpi lifting the trophy with big ears

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Maybe not the best opinion but I would start Kai and keep Pulisic on the bench...

If Havertz starts it will be Mount dropped I reckon as Ziyech and Werner are locks to start.

We got a serious and motivated opponent with a coach who was building his team for the past 5 years. They have multiple players who can score goals from various positions and distances. On the other side, our coach has been working with this team less than 5 months with barely a 3 days pause between the games. We got lots of new and young players with great potential but still very inconsistent. We do not have a single solid goalscorer at any part of the pitch. Seems likes the odds against Chelsea, but I still feel we can win it.

If we manage to frustrate them in the first half and prevent them from scoring first we will have a great chance to beat them. I feel like the first 30 minutes would be crucial. If we manage to contain them and break they play they will start doubting themselves and taking less and less risk. We will be growing into the game and Pulisic in the second half from the bench will destroy their defence. 

I just want a good performance from our players and show the world what they have got. 

P.S
The last time we won the UCL the Europa League was won by a Spanish club which we easily dispatched on the way to the final. This of course doesn't mean anything. Just saying...

Be prepared for our fans getting dragged through the mud tomorrow. The scummy rag known as the sun are reporting about mass brawls between Chelsea and City fans but their pictures literally show two seperate one on one fights from multiple angles. There rest are of crowds with no apparent violence. Tired of this sh*t.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Completely meaningless meaningful observations from this individual training still:

- Tammy Abraham making fun of Reece James for copying his hair: "you'll never start another game".

- Kanté on his own with wide, determined eyes, presumably trying to reconcile his natural humility with the obvious knowledge that if we are to unexpectedly win the trophy, he will be our key player.

- Chilwell attempting to ease Werner's anxiety by introducing him to British humour: "Bet you've got your beach towel down already." While he is currently smiling politely, as it turns out Werner's puzzlement over this cryptic remark will actually allow him to find his goalscoring Zen. "Why didn't this idiot go for a badetuch/bad touch joke?"

- Typical: Ziyech isn't running.

- Typical: Christensen has his head down, possibly thinking about the stomach problems he's been having this week.

- Typical: Kovacic is jogging.

- Typical: Alonso is a complete anomaly. He also looks confused, which is less of an anomaly.

- Typical: Jorginho isn't looking forward.

- Symbolic: Ziyech is looking back at the steely eyes of Pulisic, despite the latter being completely useless. This is reflective of the USA's subjugation of the Arab world and the resulting ethnic self-perception which if considered through the lens of a certain paradigm... (cont. p.94)

- Symbolic: Emerson massively lagging behind the entire squad.

- Symbolic: Jorginho is the next furthest behind, looking like he's about to point in a forward direction in order to direct Emerson.

- Positive: Gilmour is running next to Mount rather than next to one of our more sh*t listless midfielders.

It's the fastest Alonso has jogged all season, he heard there was a Snickers at the end.

Chilwell's said to Werner, 'don't laugh all the pundits think you'll score the winner.'

Tammy's saying to Reece, 'no matter how many highlights you have you still won't get as many likes on Twitter as Neymar.'

Pulisic looks like he is doing one of those walks like competitive walkers do when their hips sway from side to side, hopefully not a sign of injury.

The blues brothers looks like they are all sharing a joke yet Ziyech doesn't understand and thinks they might be laughing at him.

And Azpi's laughing with Giroud, 'can you believe us old fxxx's are playing in the top world final tomorrow.'

Edited by Strider6003

Still think we are massive underdog in this game. We must score the first goal, can't see us overturning a deficit in a game like this. Once we score, whether it's first or 89th minute, trust our defence and midfield to hold the shape to frustrate them, and the speed players to get more chances into the game. I think it will be the same team got us through the semis, can't see Tuchel take a risk starting Kovacic, and with 5 subs we have room to maneuver should the starting 11 fails to deliver.

My liverpool supporting mate wants us to win, thinks we will win and has bet on us to win.

Fair enough right? His bet is as well as the win that Timo scores a hat trick, not of offside goals, a hat trick where they all count. I think he has lost his damn mind lol.

Can't sleep.Please the gods of football let us play the way we dumped out both madrids.

"Football is not life or death, it is far more serious".I hope we give a good account of ourselves - first 15 minutes is crucial,we start to swim or we sink rapidly - it's up to TT to recognise when we are sinking.

In truth I don't have a lot of faith in him...sorry.

On 27/05/2021 at 07:57, chi blue said:

Lose Saturday and TT may well be out, Chelsea and Roman require winners it’s been in the DNA since 2003, and to be honest so far the business end of the season has been quite pathetic and that won’t be lost on Roman, this club has no room  for mangers who choke. Hope we and TT lift old big ears on Saturday, but at present looks doubtful on recent form

Terribly entitled aren't you mate. Dross post. Do try to cheer up x 

On 24/05/2021 at 00:12, Snedger said:

After the last four or five performances I am convinced we’re getting an absolute hiding next week. The biggest margin so far in an EC final has been four goals on four occasions. I suspect City might set a new record. The only way I see us winning it is by way of some unjust fluke. We simply haven’t got the players with either the ability or fortitude beat them on this stage.

we have two world cup winners in Kante and Giroud a world cup semi finalist and CL finalist in Thiago..  and all 3 are big big ppl in the dressing room.. Yes City has played well but Aguero and KDB are their two world class players.. and rest are as good as we have.. i believe we will give them a tough fight and hopefully nick a positive result!

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

My liverpool supporting mate wants us to win, thinks we will win and has bet on us to win.

Fair enough right? His bet is as well as the win that Timo scores a hat trick, not of offside goals, a hat trick where they all count. I think he has lost his damn mind lol.

Did he really bet that timo will score a hat trick? 

Lol, it is funny the biggest reason why I am not so confident in this game is timo. I am pretty sure he will get into good position many times but I have 0 confidence that it will lead to anything let alone a hat trick. 

16 hours ago, Valerie said:

Oh it's terrible, it takes years off a supporter's life. I couldn't watch the Moscow ones, but I managed to sort of steel myself for the Munich ones, watching it through my fingers, a bit turned away from the telly... 

I watched the Moscow ones, cried my eyes out and couldn't bear the pain again so missed the Munich ones. I have no regrets missing the moment.