Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

I think he’s done rather well given it’s not his team/players - give him a transfer window and let’s see him kick on. I think he will be quite ruthless in the summer

tammy - gone, Billy on loan, kepa gone (if anyone will take him), Jorginho - gone, Pulisic - gone, Zouma - gone, Cho - on loan

Of today's CL womens final, a 0-4 defeat to Barcelona where the team were 3 down in 20 minutes having scored an OG and conceded a pen, coach Emma Hayes said "it was over before it began".

Seems a bit of foreshadowing, I can see TT saying something similar.

Posted (edited)

Has to be said though, despite the disappointment for the womens side, they really have done the club proud. Bravo to Emma and her team for an excellent season.

To add for those looking for the coincidences as reasons for optimism the winners of the womens top flight English league and league cup just lost their CL final. On may 29th we face the English mens team who have won the top flight league and league cup...

Edited by axman2526

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Has to be said though, despite the disappointment for the womens side, they really have done the club proud. Bravo to Emma and her team for an excellent season.

To add for those looking for the coincidences as reasons for optimism the winners of the womens top flight English league and league cup just lost their CL final. On may 29th we face the English mens team who have won the top flight league and league cup...

Optimism won't help us mate,there is no backbone in a lot of the team,there is only one winner on the 29th and it isn't us.

3 minutes ago, turnyitb said:

Such negativity boils my piss! 

You know that extra pleasure you take, as a fan, from your team winning/scoring when somebody from the opposition had been  a bit lippy before the game? Like they bad-mouth Chelsea and then we win and it's like "Suck on on that!".

It's a bit surreal that after reading the forum for the last few days my "suck on that" when Chelsea wins will be largely addressed at ... Chelsea fans. Weird...

On 17/05/2021 at 09:02, _Ilya_ said:

You know that extra pleasure you take, as a fan, from your team winning/scoring when somebody from the opposition had been  a bit lippy before the game? Like they bad-mouth Chelsea and then we win and it's like "Suck on on that!".

It's a bit surreal that after reading the forum for the last few days my "suck on that" when Chelsea wins will be largely addressed at ... Chelsea fans. Weird...

I can quite easily live with that. I just don’t see how my optimism or lack of can have any bearing on the outcome. I simply see a better team with momentum, confidence and a sense of destiny against a team that couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo and have in the last couple of weeks tried valiantly to throw away what they’d been working to achieve. I simply cannot see how we beat them in this final. If by some miracle we do win, I am sure it will be against the run of play and/or controversial. But I expect it’ll be like the women’s final, over midway through the first half.

On 17/05/2021 at 08:54, turnyitb said:

Such negativity boils my piss! 

It's actually ridiculous.

Not only do we have an incredible record as underdogs City have got a track record of pissing ties up the wall that they're favourites for.

Brings me back to our last European final when so many were getting their knickers in a twist over Emery's Europa record and look what happened there.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

I'm all of a sudden a lot more confident for this now.

Nearly every time a pre match thread has multiple members queing up to suck off our opponents we pull the rabbit out of the hat.

So fearing that the odds of beating City three times on the trot was recently on here deemed illogical and ridiculous, but a few people typing that they think the better team will probably win a cup final is cause for some to think we're actually more likely to win?

4 hours ago, Snedger said:

So fearing that the odds of beating City three times on the trot was recently on here deemed illogical and ridiculous, but a few people typing that they think the better team will probably win a cup final is cause for some to think we're actually more likely to win?

You weren't deemed illogical, me and @cocosimply explained to you that it was no where near the stretch you were portraying it as.

Totally writing us off given our record as underdogs is ridiculous especially when you combine with it City's record of pissing ties they're favourite for up the wall. The anxiety they will be feeling to get that first one could also play into their hands, remember how pre 2012 that crippled us to the point our best ever outfit were dumped out by a bang average Liverpool twice?

@Argo, I think the honest truth is that I’m probably trying to convince myself it is such a lost cause that I somehow limit how disappointed I’ll feel should we lose. The problem is, it won’t actually help. And even given that I know I’m trying to prepare for the worst, I still hand on heart am struggling to see us win it. Our last couple of appearances alone are enough cause to worry.

8 hours ago, Hessleboink said:

The Sun have caught wind of a scandal: Pep's adult daughter caught kissing Dele "Pele" Alli on the lips. Perhaps the slice of luck we need. Surely this scuppers their plans? 5-1 Chelsea. Kepa off the bench to cap the game off with a solo run from deep. 

I need some schematics to illustrate where exactly the scandalous part is and how that would affect the match :stirthepot:

13 hours ago, Hessleboink said:

The Sun have caught wind of a scandal: Pep's adult daughter caught kissing Dele "Pele" Alli on the lips. Perhaps the slice of luck we need. Surely this scuppers their plans? 5-1 Chelsea. Kepa off the bench to cap the game off with a solo run from deep. 

She is an adult,  so what is the scandal?  but I get your point though ,the media can make anything a scandal if u let them

On 15/05/2021 at 19:41, Browerkid said:

Let's park the bus and hope to nip a 1-0.  Our only chance really.  We don't create enough and all they do is create. 

I have to take issue with you because creating is not our problem , I feel we create plenty most games,  it’s the taking of the chances that are our problem, but I  really don’t understand how you can completely write us off against MC ? “Our only chance is to park the bus” - really?

We played them twice in recent weeks under TT and on both occasions were extremely combative, competitive and deserved winners imo - I’m certain that Pep will be very concerned about playing us.

I really do think that we need to grow some bollocks and stop being so afraid of the opposition, if another team beats us cause they are better, then fair play, but let’s not loose the game before it’s played - when we turn up, we are a match for anyone .

1 hour ago, Zaphod2319 said:

City has 4 injured But seems small injuries. I have no doubt we can win this game. It doesn't mean we are the favorites, but winnable. 

What players? I doubt Gündogan won't play the final, but who knows that guy was unlucky regarding injuries half his pro-career, and I usually hate wishing oppo players, sympathetic at that too, not being able to play but that'd be a huge blow for them. Not that they don't have any alternatives but still.

4 minutes ago, weetee said:

What players? I doubt Gündogan won't play the final, but who knows that guy was unlucky regarding injuries half his pro-career, and I usually hate wishing oppo players, sympathetic at that too, not being able to play but that'd be a huge blow for them. Not that they don't have any alternatives but still.

Maybe injury is too much, listed as not fully fit.

The Man City matchday squad at the AMEX Stadium did not feature Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker or Sergio Aguero and as revealed by the club's official website, the reason for the trio's absences is because they were not fully fit.

"Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker and Sergio Aguero are not fully fit," a statement reads.