Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

Posted (edited)

I see some people mentioned Jane, whom I and my wife met about 15 years ago in a pub near Stamford Bridge before a match, during a piss-up.  She was an incredible person, and my wife really got to know her in those few hours, and misses her to this day.   Also met G4, Loz, Bluebeard, Goose, Liam, so it was an extraordinary night.  Like tonight!  Oops, we met Val there as well!

Edited by Phillip

7 minutes ago, Jezz said:

What a story!

A part of me thinks that it will take me years to fully grasp just how good he is, how good he was...

I know many probably thought the same about many different players but I can't help to feel that I won't see anyone like Ngolo once he's gone. This is why this is so special, words can't describe it...

What can we say lads we're the best team in the world! This is probably the 2nd best feeling as a football fan I've ever felt. 2012 was the one for me but this 2nd one is special all the same.

Tuchel is the best coach in the world. From 10th at kick off in the prem in his first game to 4th. His job to qualify for ucl next season he did it twice through the league and the actual competition itself. We're the best team in the world and the majority of our team aren't even close to their prime. This is a potential dynasty and I hope the fans and the board remember this when things get tough. Tuchel should get at least 3 full seasons full stop. 

Congratulations to all my fellow Chelsea fans we've waited for this. This is justified since Pep and UEFA robbed us in 09. We out sang them tonight and outplayed them. London is blue, Europe is blue. 

Also I've noticed a trend with recent winners. After Madrid won 3 in a row, every team that has won the ucl has been knocked out of the competition by the previous winners.
Liverpool won 18/19 lost to Madrid 17/18
Bayern won 19/20 knocked out by liverpool 18/19
Chelsea won 20/21 knocked out by Bayern 19/20
21/22 winner? Man city? Real, Athletico or maybe Porto? Or maybe the trend ends with Chelsea doing a Madrid winning at least 2 on the trot.

2 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

What can we say lads we're the best team in the world! This is probably the 2nd best feeling as a football fan I've ever felt. 2012 was the one for me but this 2nd one is special all the same.

Tuchel is the best coach in the world. From 10th at kick off in the prem in his first game to 4th. His job to qualify for ucl next season he did it twice through the league and the actual competition itself. We're the best team in the world and the majority of our team aren't even close to their prime. This is a potential dynasty and I hope the fans and the board remember this when things get tough. Tuchel should get at least 3 full seasons full stop. 

Congratulations to all my fellow Chelsea fans we've waited for this. This is justified since Pep and UEFA robbed us in 09. We out sang them tonight and outplayed them. London is blue, Europe is blue. 

Also I've noticed a trend with recent winners. After Madrid won 3 in a row, every team that has won the ucl has been knocked out of the competition by the previous winners.
Liverpool won 18/19 lost to Madrid 17/18
Bayern won 19/20 knocked out by liverpool 18/19
Chelsea won 20/21 knocked out by Bayern 19/20
21/22 winner? Man city? Real, Athletico or maybe Porto? Or maybe the trend ends with Chelsea doing a Madrid winning at least 2 on the trot.

He said he will build a team nobody wants to play against. Well done, best manager.

E2lf6KkXEAMfKOW?format=jpg&name=medium

Now even some known sources are saying that T.Silva will get an extension

E2lmBZ6WQAIwlSL?format=jpg&name=large

Also happy for T. Silva. At 36, he is still that insanely majestic defender. Could have easily retired last season but came to the most physical league at that age and was still dominating opponents. A world class player and happy that he won it today.