Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

2 hours ago, Stim said:

Funnily enough spanish football fans saying the ref is not great in la liga. Turns out you just need a ref who is impartial to both teams, and don't for example, f**king live in the city and has family who support the one side (and who they might support themselves), which is something the EPL struggles with. Maybe refs should always come from foreign countries

The best refs are the ones that allow the game to flow and save the whistle for when you absolutely have to, and take no sh*t from anyone.

This club never ceases to amaze us. It's always a roller coaster ride, but I don't think we would have it any other way. It will take some time for the events of the last 18 hours to sink in properly.

It's something we will remember for decades to come.

I thought 2012 was the pinnacle, and we wouldn't feel the same sense of relief and happiness but this equally matches it. To say we're now 2x Champions League winners is special.

We now enter a very elite group of European clubs (13 to be exact) to have won the competition on more than one occasion. Makes me smile and laugh to know we're only 1 Champions League final victory away from equalling Manchester United 😎

It cannot be understated we're now entrenched as one of the big clubs in Europe. The success of the past 25 years, including 2 Champions League trophies backs this up.

There's so many great individual stories from this success.

• Thomas Tuchel did the impossible and cemented himself as a managerial legend of the club regardless of what happens from now on. We'll be singing his name forever!
  • We defeated two top flight winners (Manchester City and Atletico Madrid) and defeated the historically most successful club in the Champions League (Real Madrid).
  • Azpiliceuta has won all major trophies at the club.
  • Kante will go down as an all-time great. Like Drogba, the man always delivers on the biggest occasions.
  • Havertz will go down in folklore as a Chelsea goalscorer in a Champions League final alongside Lampard and Drogba.
  • Thiago Silva gets his redemption after falling short with PSG last year.
  • Mateo Kovacic is a 4x Champions League winner.
  • Rudiger and Christensen have had a new lease of life on their careers.
  • The academy graduates were pivotal to our success (Mount and James). There's something extra satisfying seeing our youth succeed at the top.
  • After Real Madrid; Bayern Munich and Chelsea have won the most Champions League trophies since 2012.
  • 2012 marked an end of an era with the old guard. 2021 marks the beginning of a potential dynasty as the squad is much younger this time round.

What a club! BLUE IS THE COLOUR!

I was really wearing the fear goggles yesterday, the reality was they f**ked themselves into being less competitive. Really wtf was Pep thinking? I can't believe he tinkered, I read that he played the same kind of formation in the last 60 games but tried something drastically different in the final. Mad man.

Just now, sonic90 said:

I was really wearing the fear goggles yesterday, the reality was they f**ked themselves into being less competitive. Really wtf was Pep thinking? I can't believe he tinkered, I read that he played the same kind of formation in the last 60 games but tried something drastically different in the final. Mad man.

I hope he lets Tuchel out of his head in time for next season...

Just now, sonic90 said:

Some would say the opposite, he lost the previous two games and reacted with a tactical change, if it had come off everyone would be lording him this morning, if he didn't change tactics and still lost, they would of said he's mad for trying the same tactics that failed twice already.

10 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

They bought into their own hype. No DM cus he probably expected that they would be on the attack for 90 minutes and chelsea who can't score wouldn't be a threat

1 minute ago, coco said:

Some would say the opposite, he lost the previous two games and reacted with a tactical change, if it had come off everyone would be lording him this morning, if he didn't change tactics and still lost, they would of said he's mad for trying the same tactics that failed twice already.

I think the press would be sucking him off regardless of how he would win and bashing him whichever way he lost. They have enough good players that even that freaky setup made us make so many last ditch blocks. Still, for a final I would just play the best 11 with the most tried and true stuff they've been doing for the past season. I think the fact they lost to us twice made him sh*t the bed.

29 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I think the fact that we scored only 1 goal from open play in our previous 4 games combined made him believe that we wont be a threat from open play. But you only need to score 1 to win a game and thats what happened.

Just now, Blueblur said:

Lots of fun reading Blue Moon forums post-match thread. A lot of rage directed towards Pep! 
I spent a delightful couple of hours in bed this morning reading all the match reports and analysis. Still can’t quite believe it, our second CL trophy!! 

pure filth, i bet you had crumbs all over the bed sheets.