Jump to content

Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST


 Share

Recommended Posts


Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jt61 said:

Watched the full game again.This was a masterclass by every Chelsea player and tactical genius by the manager(or did he get lucky?).

We have been sublime in this tournament,where in gods name did this form come from?.

We have looked average in the epl, but a completely different team in the champions league.The one thing I do know is,this is a young team that is playing for the manager and can only get better.

Another mention to the referee, he was superb    ...balanced, unbiased and emotional about the occasion.Contrast that to bunch of half wits we have in the EPL.

 

 

Is that really so surprising?

We have only struggled against teams sitting deep. And comfortably beaten any team that has tried to attack us over the past few months.

Edited by ashwin
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, Eight Times said:

Not sure if any of you like to have a browse and a laugh on the Spurs forum, but look at this comment! I am in absolute disbelief!  🤣

 

"f**k off City you f**king small club bottlejobs"

 

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2020-21.36876/page-1464

Still can't get my head around that they call us chavs.

Pot meet kettle 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SFL82 said:

Agree with that but see when people say we aren’t good to watch I totally disagree, the way we move the ball in triangles and play out of tight areas, and especially the turnover of play in midfield I think it’s lovely to watch. 
 

my mate who played semi pro and is a united fan unfortunately said to me yesterday that Chelsea are lovely to watch now under tuchel, it depends if you appreciate tactical football and movement off the ball or if you like to watch show real football, I’ve always appreciated the former. 
 

I was truly bored during games under frank but I don’t feel that way at all under tuchel if we control the tempo of the game for me it’s enjoyable 

I think when we get it right it looks great. Same as it did under Conte.

I think Tuchel's style looks better when playing out rather than in the final third. We often end up going round and round in the U shape of death rather than trying to play inside the opposition block. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

I think when we get it right it looks great. Same as it did under Conte.

I think Tuchel's style looks better when playing out rather than in the final third. We often end up going round and round in the U shape of death rather than trying to play inside the opposition block. 

I think we are much better in her final third under TT than Frank, that was the real U shape of death.

It's scary to think of the amount of chances we've failed to put away the last few months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, erskblue said:
Andy Scott on Twitter.
Image

I don't really like this that everyone is saying about Pep losing and the loss being his fault as the only reason. We won 3 times in a row, clearly we're simply the better team regardless of what Pep did there, if Werner finishes 2 chances from 6 yards it's 3:0 at half time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I don't really like this that everyone is saying about Pep losing and the loss being his fault as the only reason. We won 3 times in a row, clearly we're simply the better team regardless of what Pep did there, if Werner finishes 2 chances from 6 yards it's 3:0 at half time.

Agreed. They weren't scoring for fun before either in the CL and we did have some serious difficulties to overcome in our box as well - but we defended perfectly and no Rodri or Fernandinho would have changed that. The KdB injury hit them arguably way more than the Thiago one on our side and we did get lucky with quite some 50/50 situations with the ball flying somewhere in our favor. I would have felt less confident if he'd been on the pitch for the last 20mins where Pulisic missed the opportunity to finish them and they came out strong.

We just put in everything and each and every player had a 10/10 performance while City had some serious underachiever that night - also due to us being that relentless and our tactics to isolate Walker/Zinchenko to work out taht brilliantly. I was hoping before that our crucial fixtures with non-stop pressure make us more sharp compared to City simply crusing to the PL title beforehand and I still think it worked in our favor - especially since Mendy and Kanté both could play (and bring the A game at that) too.

Edited by weetee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I don't really like this that everyone is saying about Pep losing and the loss being his fault as the only reason. We won 3 times in a row, clearly we're simply the better team regardless of what Pep did there, if Werner finishes 2 chances from 6 yards it's 3:0 at half time.

Yes Pep made mistake, you can see how free Chilwell and james were offensively but that is not important.

But the key for our performance was our two wb. I don't think pep can imagine that we locked his two winger out of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


First of all, congratulations to the entire forum and all of the Chelsea fans out there. It was a magical night, one I did not think will get the chance to experience soon after 2012. Massive praise to the lads and TT for the performance they put in and our fans on the stadium who sang their hearts and souls out. I have spent a good portion of the past 2 days watching all of the videos, images and footage of our win just to make sure it's real and it happened. 

Moreover, I was spying on other forums, such as the Blue Moon and the forum of the Scums. f**k me, the amount of salt over there makes this win even better for me. I cant describe how much those guys hate us, especially the Scums, and seeing their excuses and complaints that we won only makes it better. From a red card for Rudi, to a Penalty not given for Citeh all the way to the delusion that our fans were only so loud because BT had a sound bias towards our fanbase makes this feeling incredible. For example: 

 

Are Chelsea a better team? No
Do Chelsea have a stronger starting 11? No
Is Tuchel a better manager than Pep? No

So, why did we lose and where did it go wrong? Player mentality and Pep. One plays into the other. They say sh*t rolls down hill, so does confidence. Many players would of seen that starting 11 tonight and lost confidence, that is where it went wrong. The players internally would of questioned the managers decisions like many fans and that is what we seen play out on the pitch, lack of confidence and uncertainty.

Enjoy this lads, let it sink in because come next season, there will be a lot of hard work for us to do if we want to top the PL again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Yes Pep made mistake, you can see how free Chilwell and james were offensively but that is not important.

But the key for our performance was our two wb. I don't think pep can imagine that we locked his two winger out of the game. 

Well it's always about the team he selects, had he played the same as the previous time or the previous two times, someone would write an article saying how he did the same thing multiple times and lost so he should have done something else but now that he did something else and still lost it's talked about how his team selection was a significant factor as to why they lost...

I think when you beat the same team 3 times in a row in a short time period there shouldn't really be any talks about what was the team selection of the losing team, they clearly had a particular game in mind and it didn't work, first I saw some excuses how we beat their second team and now it's almost like Pep beat himself.

The one thing Pep kept saying in the press after the game was that it was their first time in the final and that it was their first time in the final... Doesn't sound like he knew how to beat us at all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enough of the Pep's crazy game plan, or their players didn't show up. We won it fair and square on the day, didn't give them a real sniff, best 3-4 chances all ours. We just played better and wanted more. Pretty sure Pep played a DM in the last 2 games against us, so its not like they'd won just because they had a DM. Looking ahead, I don't believe we will have the same problem as 2012. We lost Drogba in the following season, JT\Lampard all heading to the twilight on their career. Looking at the team from last night, apart from Silva ( still pretty damn good) and Azpi, the rest are in their prime or getting into their prime in the next 12 months

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Enough of the Pep's crazy game plan, or their players didn't show up. We won it fair and square on the day, didn't give them a real sniff, best 3-4 chances all ours. We just played better and wanted more. Pretty sure Pep played a DM in the last 2 games against us, so its not like they'd won just because they had a DM. Looking ahead, I don't believe we will have the same problem as 2012. We lost Drogba in the following season, JT\Lampard all heading to the twilight on their career. Looking at the team from last night, apart from Silva ( still pretty damn good) and Azpi, the rest are in their prime or getting into their prime in the next 12 months

Yeah it's definitely annoying. Everytime we beat City they have some excuse ready for why they lost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Andreas said:

Still can't believe it. Just like in 2012 I've been watching re runs, 10 different TV channels broadcast and just trying to let it sink in that we are Champions of Europe again. There is no better feeling then this. Just had to pop in and say hello. Been awhile and I do miss this place think I might have to visit more often. 

 

Hope you all are well and what a way to start the summer.

@BlueBeard miss the good old match day chats with you pal. Been years but I hope you are well and enjoyed this as much as me. 

Hello @Andreas, good to see you back, hopefully we get to see more of you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Well it's always about the team he selects, had he played the same as the previous time or the previous two times, someone would write an article saying how he did the same thing multiple times and lost so he should have done something else but now that he did something else and still lost it's talked about how his team selection was a significant factor as to why they lost...

I think when you beat the same team 3 times in a row in a short time period there shouldn't really be any talks about what was the team selection of the losing team, they clearly had a particular game in mind and it didn't work, first I saw some excuses how we beat their second team and now it's almost like Pep beat himself.

The one thing Pep kept saying in the press after the game was that it was their first time in the final and that it was their first time in the final... Doesn't sound like he knew how to beat us at all.

 

I honestly can't care less what the media said. It is a sport media, their job is not to tell reality but to tell a story that people want to read. Who was the biggest star of last ucl final? It was Pep so the story will be about him

 

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!