Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

He has hated us since his Wigan days and was a driving force in getting Lukaku to go to United.

Indeed he can Plonk.

always had he foot in mouth problem.. kept on saying Hazard needs to move to a bigger club in europe.. complete w**k**r who wasted the golden generation of belgium..

Well then, finally got through 30 pages of post match comments, pictures and videos. Not a lot of time to do so with a toddler to look after so got half of them done today at work lol.

Where to start, oh yeah...

We know who we are, we know who we are, Champions of Europe, we know who we are!

I expierenced this game differently than most of here it seems. I was a bag of nerves for the whole game in Munich except the 7 minutes or so between the Muller goal and Drogba leveling matter, which was just a period of being gutted.

This game was so much calmer because we just bossed them. We were so composed and confident and that spread to me. Even Rudigers block on Foden was more of a "brilliant great job Rudi" than a "oh sh*t" moment.

Only real heart in mouth moment was that Mahrez effort, thought that was in based on Mendy and his reaction.

Big players stepped up. Some like Kante who was magnificent for the whole game, and while it was the body check by Rudiger that did literal physical damage to KDB it was Kante that destroyed him.

Reece James, boy how wrong I was to say the stage would be too big for you now. What a superb display.

Same with Kai, I thought he would let us down by not working as hard as we needed, not only did he prove me wrong but his quality shone through and he killed Stone and Diaz.

Sometimes the big players step up for a moment of quality, and that was what Mason did with that pass. Superb. 

What a cracking goal Pulisic could have capped off, amazing attacking link up.

Well done to the whole team, great job TT.

So happy to see Roman there enjoying it with his kids. Same for the players, and a fitting honour for the career and professional Silva has had and is.

Champions of Europe, it never gets old!

8 hours ago, mojo said:

I truely recomend Mark's Sing backwards and weep. One of best reads you'll ever have.

“I detested bullies and refused to put up with them,” Lanegan writes in the book. “Liam Gallagher was an obvious poser, a playground bully. Like all bullies, he was also a total pussy.”

So bored of the overrated oasis brothers still living off two albums from the mid-90s. If I was a citeh fan I’d cringe how those two nobs have to gatecrash every significant occasion their club is involved in and give it the big-un. 

1 hour ago, The Brit said:

So bored of the overrated oasis brothers still living off two albums from the mid-90s. If I was a citeh fan I’d cringe how those two nobs have to gatecrash every significant occasion their club is involved in and give it the big-un. 

I was only saying the other day that I would absolutely hate for every celebration to dominated by that dirge Wonderwall. Give me One Step Beyond anyday. Now thats a proper party song.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I was only saying the other day that I would absolutely hate for every celebration to dominated by that dirge Wonderwall. Give me One Step Beyond anyday. Now thats a proper party song.

Never forget citeh trolling us at the Etihad one season after they beat us by playing one step beyond...I’m not one to throw the classless card around cos it’s often aimed at us, but they really are a grim outfit and the oasis brothers sum them up perfectly. 

Watched the game again.players in the 'right place at the right' time springs to mind.

The manager should take the plaudits for that?.The discipline of the team was unreal,but sometimes the players themselves just get it right amongst themselves.

The cynic in me asks all sort of questions.🙂

Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2021 at 15:06, Gol15 said:

I don't really like this that everyone is saying about Pep losing and the loss being his fault as the only reason. We won 3 times in a row, clearly we're simply the better team regardless of what Pep did there, if Werner finishes 2 chances from 6 yards it's 3:0 at half time.

Agree. The press made it look like Pep changed a winning combination in the final. Fact is we beat them twice in the league and FA cup when they played Rodri/Fernandinho in the starting 11. Pep changed a team that lost twice against us. 

Truth is we beat them when they played a DM and we beat them when they didn't play a DM. Doesn't get more convincing than this.

Edited by Nick05

Really pleased for Apzi as club captain. It’s felt like there’s been a lot of criticism about his captaincy and this team not having a winning mentality 

12 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Really pleased for Apzi as club captain. It’s felt like there’s been a lot of criticism about his captaincy and this team not having a winning mentality 

I agree. Out of all the players I'm most happy for him. I've seen people posting that he's been under performing for a couple of seasons now and I always thought that harsh. He has always given his absolute best and will go down as one of Chelsea's greatest ever defenders. His energy levels are extraordinary and he frequently out runs players much younger. His work ethic is superb and he deserves this success. 

Super Dave!