Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 8th May 2021 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Surprised this is not a sunday game, the short turn around will hurt us more. They will want to win this, in the CL final and winning the title in the same week would be huge. I reckon we will setup like the first leg against Madrid, give City 67% possession and they will score a few

The corresponding fixture last season was also a Saturday, with a 5.30pm kick off.

Given that Anthony Taylor's the ref and no way we actually do play the under 21s let's put on a large rotation. Get minutes in to players who may well need them for games to come and resting those heavily involved. Good chance for a few to impress TT, and given Kepa likely starts the FA cup final a game for him is not a bad idea.

Kepa

James

Zouma

Christensen

CHO

Gilmour

Kovacic

Alonso

Zyiech 

Tammy

Emerson

19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Given that Anthony Taylor's the ref and no way we actually do play the under 21s let's put on a large rotation. Get minutes in to players who may well need them for games to come and resting those heavily involved. Good chance for a few to impress TT, and given Kepa likely starts the FA cup final a game for him is not a bad idea.

Kepa

James

Zouma

Christensen

CHO

Gilmour

Kovacic

Alonso

Zyiech 

Tammy

Emerson

I agree with rotation but that’s literally changing the whole team... I imagine Kepa will get a start in FA cup final.

Here is what I would go for 

Mendy

Zouma Christensen Rudiger

James Gilmour Kante Chilwell

Hudson Odoi Abraham Ziyech

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

I agree with rotation but that’s literally changing the whole team... I imagine Kepa will get a start in FA cup final.

Here is what I would go for 

Mendy

Zouma Christensen Rudiger

James Gilmour Kante Chilwell

Hudson Odoi Abraham Ziyech

I know it may be seen a looking at reverse jinxing but we know our history with Taylor and how much he loves scrwewing us over.

If that is very likely to happen why use any of our regulars? Best to give them rest.

Midfield is a problem since Kova is still injured.

2 hours ago, bluedave said:

I love all these Saturday evening kick-offs, probably the only up-side of not having fans in the stadium. Traditional afternoon kick-offs only really make sense when you've got 40000+ fans needing to travel to/from the stadium. I'm really not looking forward to how much this is going to be hyped up as a 'dress rehearsal' for the CL final though. 

I dont, I get the sun come in through the window at the wrong angle and hits the wall where I have my projector sitting for the first half hour

8 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I dont, I get the sun come in through the window at the wrong angle and hits the wall where I have my projector sitting for the first half hour

Have you not seen that new invention that’s just come out? I think they’re called curtains?
creep GIF

Edited by Munkworth

I would have said to rotate tomorrow, but given that Leicester are 3-0 down, it’d be great to get the three points and rotate against Le Arse, we should be able to beat that mid table team with some rotation.

Well that is a nice surprise. Maybe Everton do us a favour at West Ham as well this weekend.

23 minutes ago, RMH said:

I would have said to rotate tomorrow, but given that Leicester are 3-0 down, it’d be great to get the three points and rotate against Le Arse, we should be able to beat that mid table team with some rotation.

It would but what is really key is City having those extra 24 hours of prep time. That is very hard for us to overcome.

Add to that Anthony Taylor being the ref and it is asking a lot for us to take a point here, nevermind 3.

Edited by axman2526

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Well that is a nice surprise. Maybe Everton do us a favour at West Ham as well this weekend.

It would but what is really key is City having those extra 24 hours of prep time. That is very hard for us to overcome.

Yes, that day may be important, but I think that Guardiola is going to rotate a few players, not that they don’t have two A teams. And I think that we should rotate against Arsenal given that they are weaker and we need to rest some players for the FA Cup final.

8 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, that day may be important, but I think that Guardiola is going to rotate a few players, not that they don’t have two A teams. And I think that we should rotate against Arsenal given that they are weaker and we need to rest some players for the FA Cup final.

That is ideal but my caution on that would be that too much action caused Silva to get injured at Spurs. Do we want to risk asking him, Kante and Dave to play another high intensity game so soon as Real and risk them for both finals?

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

That is ideal but my caution on that would be that too much action caused Silva to get injured at Spurs. Do we want to risk asking him, Kante and Dave to play another high intensity game so soon as Real and risk them for both finals?

About Silva you are right, but I think that he can play it. Kante seems to be top form now and he can always be subbed, and Azpi is indestructible 😝