Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 8th May 2021 17:30 GMT

A bit off subject but in the game Martin Tyler mentioned football in the seventies. I thought that football didn't start until 1992 with the creation of the PL. Goodness knows what I used to watch in the seventies and eighties!

4 minutes ago, coco said:

Sky fail to ask Sterling if he thought he was lucky to still be on the pitch after the studs on Werner, and just ask him the easy question on the non penalty decision against him.

A proper player would have got his shot away, but Sterling chose the easier option to go down. If that happens for England it will be very disappointing.

Not too impressed with him refusing to shake hands with Azpi, bit sulky not fitting of a team captain.

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

The CL Final just got tougher imo. Pep would pull out all the stops after today.

The lads must NOT let this win get to their heads

I think if anything Man City is now in delusion because of this so called penalty so they are convinced that they are still the best so we're in their heads from what I see, Pep is also saying that it's a penalty so it's pure delusion.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I think Tuchel just called one of our players a dork, I don't know who it was he was talking about, but it made me laugh 😆

i think he meant a "dog".. for werner due to the constant running he showed.. I think Werner was the best 9 on the pitch..

5 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

James definitely earned his spot in the ucl Final. I dont care if Christensen comes back. City have no one that can handle the beast JAMES

When James is switched on (and the majority of time this is the case), he is unstoppable.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I think Tuchel just called one of our players a dork, I don't know who it was he was talking about, but it made me laugh 😆

I think he was saying Werner was working like a dog.

2 minutes ago, Snedger said:

I guess I’m a glass half full pessimist type, but does nobody else think that beating City three times on the trot seems far fetched?

TBH ...I think they are overhyped by the media much like PSG and RM...no-one in the media gives us credit when we beat the big heads..it's always they were poor or made changes.  f**k them all Roman has put together a great squad of players and TT has them playing as a 'team' ..the icing on the cake is finding someone who can consistently put the chances away.  

That was nice we now have the hex over City two wins this season and next up the UCL final.

• Pep was furious as the end jumping around having a tantrum because of the ugly looking tangle with Sterling, on slow motion the challenge looked clean.
  • James our MOTM played very well and like the balls inside he plays forward with his outside right.
  • The penalty looked harsh though Mendy was equal to Aguero's tame effort.
  • Their goal was well taken with the quick ball catching out Christensen and if that is his hamstring, season over.
  • Ziyech had two tame shots before he scored with that lazy left accurately to the corner.
  • Billy was good, very few mistake and kept the ball moving.
  • Pulisic was poor today with being pushed off the ball a number of times.
  • Werner still frustrating, felt he should have played Pulisic in for a chance in the first yet otherwise worked well.
  • Alonso played well, liked his chipped attempt and of course he got the winner. 
  • Rudiger good.
  • CHO looked lively.

Now third and in two major cup Finals, take a bow TT!

3 minutes ago, Snedger said:

I guess I’m a glass half full pessimist type, but does nobody else think that beating City three times on the trot seems far fetched?

Very, very, very hard. Given the poor nature if the pen I do wonder if in both this game and the fa cup if City wanted it that badly. I think both times we wanted it more.

For the CL final no doubt both sides want it badly.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

I think if anything Man City is now in delusion because of this so called penalty so they are convinced that they are still the best so we're in their heads from what I see, Pep is also saying that it's a penalty so it's pure delusion.

I said before the game to Argo that TT wants to beat Pep mentally tonight,

Just now, coco said:

I have never known a studs up tackle to get completely swept under the carpet and totally ignored like today.

even in live it looked a very bad challenge.. but not in line with the story.. most channels were preparing for city being champions.. so now they need to build a narrative to defend their performance...

6 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Surely the fact that we beat them the last 2 times plays on their minds a little?

5 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Haha - no. I made the same point to my mate. Just made the CL final even harder! We can always draw and sneak it on pens again though!