Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 8th May 2021 17:30 GMT

13 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Well that’s it then, a solid and forgone conclusion that we’ve won. Start the engraving and decorate the bus. Not much point City even turning up because they lost to Liverpool three times and Tuchel always beats Spanish teams.

Again, I don’t think anyone has actually said that we CAN’T beat them three times, more that they are actually quite good and sooner or later they will win against us again. But clearly having any doubts or fears is frowned upon.

You said "but does nobody else think that beating City three times on the trot seems far fetched"

If it's far fetched then it must be "a solid and forgone conclusion" that we’ve already lost. 

I noticed this theory from a couple of my Chelsea mates, that because we’ve beaten City twice means they’ll beat us in the final, which is ridiculous if you ask me. it’s nothing but  superstition. In the end the win yesterday was huge both for the teams confidence and cementing top 4 finish. And for those who are saying we played A City B or C team or whatever, well we can make the same argument. We played without Mount, Chillwell, T Silva, Havertz, and Kova. Even Jorginho didn’t on come until the 70th minute. My point is stop worrying and have faith in the team. We faced arguably the greatest team in football history and won despite being 10 men down, and beat a Bayern team that won the treble a year later, why can’t we do the same with City. Let’s take it to them in Istanbul 

3 hours ago, bluedave said:

To be fair, Azpi would have done the same thing if it was the other way around (as a Spaniard it's in his DNA), so it would feel a bit rich to criticise Sterling for trying to make something out of nothing, but the way he reacted to Azpi offering his hand was pathetic. I've never been able to warm to him as a player, and that's not only because he used to play for Liverpool.

Azpilicueta would have done the same because of what? This sounds pretty stupid to me, judge the individual don't label Dave with some random stereotype, he might not be like the stereotype at all he's our captain and far more mature than Sterling, I don't think he would have faked being slapped on his eye...

3 hours ago, bluedave said:

To be fair, Azpi would have done the same thing if it was the other way around (as a Spaniard it's in his DNA), so it would feel a bit rich to criticise Sterling for trying to make something out of nothing, but the way he reacted to Azpi offering his hand was pathetic. I've never been able to warm to him as a player, and that's not only because he used to play for Liverpool.

I haven’t seen Azpi behaving like a spoilt brat as Sterling does most games, so Spanish or not, our captain would not have done the same.

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

I haven’t seen Azpi behaving like a spoilt brat as Sterling does most games, so Spanish or not, our captain would not have done the same.

"Our captain" or not (I know what you're doing there), he absolutely would have milked it if there was an advantage to be gained. He's not a brat like Sterling, that's not what I'm said.

15 minutes ago, bluedave said:

"Our captain" or not (I know what you're doing there), he absolutely would have milked it if there was an advantage to be gained. He's not a brat like Sterling, that's not what I'm said.

That’s your opinion, fair enough, I don’t think Azpi would have done a Sterling.

1 hour ago, coco said:

You said "but does nobody else think that beating City three times on the trot seems far fetched"

If it's far fetched then it must be "a solid and forgone conclusion" that we’ve already lost. 

Not really. Far fetched might be described as unlikely or difficult to imagine, but not a certainty.

I hope you’re all right with this incredible confidence that this final is a mere walk in the park as believe it or not I do want us to win, but I just can’t help feel worried about it and in my mind I’m still feeling three consecutive wins against City would be no mean feat.

It’s weird how different people process things different ways. I know City fans that still see 40 points as a moment to breathe a sigh of relief that they’re safe from relegation. That’s something that even I find mind boggling given their recent status in the game.

2 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Not really. Far fetched might be described as unlikely or difficult to imagine, but not a certainty.

I hope you’re all right with this incredible confidence that this final is a mere walk in the park as believe it or not I do want us to win, but I just can’t help feel worried about it and in my mind I’m still feeling three consecutive wins against City would be no mean feat.

It’s weird how different people process things different ways. I know City fans that still see 40 points as a moment to breathe a sigh of relief that they’re safe from relegation. That’s something that even I find mind boggling given their recent status in the game.

Im not confident at all, I'm merely countering your thoughts that winning three times is 'far fetched' that's all, if we lose, so what, nothing to worry about, oh and the bit about your city mates sighing when they reach 40pts, do me a favour :laugh2:

That’s the way a few of them are. If they’re four nil up with three minutes to go in the final they’ll be worried about being taken to extra time. The thing is, I prefer those ones to the new superiority complex know it all type fans they now have an abundance of.

58 minutes ago, _Ilya_ said:

Question for the "law of averages" peeps. If I am tossing a coin two times and for whatever reason want the second toss to come out heads - do I want the first toss to be heads or tails? 🙂 

Right fine, the “law of averages” peeps accept the “law of averages dismissing” peeps’ argument that it is irrelevant and and that having nerves and worries  manifest in such thoughts is ridiculous and even quite heinous. Let’s forget anyone ever mentioned this and let the A, B, C team arguments resume.

I’m actually feeling increasingly confident as beating them twice recently now seems to suggest doing it again is actually quite likely because they’re actually sh*t and we have the complete measure of them. And Tuchel has consistently outfoxed Pep at various stages of their careers. And City have lost multiple times to sides even when at their peak. There’s nothing to worry about and I’m actually enjoying now having more European Cups than Villa.

On 09/05/2021 at 13:48, Backbiter said:

I seem to be in a tiny minority that didn't see the Zouma challenge as a pen. Yes, there was contact, but contact is not by definition a foul. Players' bodies come into contact constantly without it being a foul. It's a contact sport.

Zouma did not grab or push Sterling, either of which would have been a pen. He didn't mistime a tackle, which would have been a pen. He didn't attempt to tackle him at all. He didn't accidentally trip him. Just because he made contact with him does not mean he brought him down. In my view Sterling went down deliberately looking for the pen.

Taylor somehow got that decision right, which is such a rarity it should be celebrated.

I can see why he gave the first pen, but Gilmour was so unlucky. Again, he didn't put in a challenge, but inadvertently tripped him, although the replay shows it was Jesus who initiated the contact.

Agree with this, my first take was a foul though on VAR it looked like no contact and more like Sterling was waiting for a chance to dive over Zouma's outstretched leg that never came. 

On 10/05/2021 at 19:07, Strider6003 said:

Agree with this, my first take was a foul though on VAR it looked like no contact and more like Sterling was waiting for a chance to dive over Zouma's outstretched leg that never came. 

Werner has been manhandled pretty much all season without any protection from officials, I've seen him protect the ball in similar ways and gone down without any foul being given. VAR has thrown the saying "Thats a foul anywhere on the pitch other then the box" out of the window, now you can get away with murder outside the box but any little contact inside the box is a penalty.

Also looking at the first penalty which was given against Billy a similar incident happened against Newcastle when Tammy was taken out (Resulting in him getting injured) where no Penalty was given. I remember Gary and Sky doing a segment on it where they decided it wasn't a penalty because Tammy moved his foot/body between himself and the defender looking for the penalty, my point at the time was he should be doing that in order to protect the ball. Jesus literally jumped in front of Billy and went down yet no calls of the striker initiating the contact, PL and pundits just make up sh*t as they go along.  

6 minutes ago, coco said:

"Disrespectful to West Ham" :laugh2::laugh2:

It's like he honestly thought when Aguero was about to take that penalty that his number one thought should of been; I better score this just so West Ham have a fair chance of getting into the top 4.

I have to say though. although he supports the spuds and is immediately an unlikeable c**t that GJ is probably the closest any spurs fan could be to being likeable. only phoning up to say yes we are sh*t but hahahaha f**k you west ham fans 

19 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Werner has been manhandled pretty much all season without any protection from officials, I've seen him protect the ball in similar ways and gone down without any foul being given. VAR has thrown the saying "Thats a foul anywhere on the pitch other then the box" out of the window, now you can get away with murder outside the box but any little contact inside the box is a penalty.

Also looking at the first penalty which was given against Billy a similar incident happened against Newcastle when Tammy was taken out (Resulting in him getting injured) where no Penalty was given. I remember Gary and Sky doing a segment on it where they decided it wasn't a penalty because Tammy moved his foot/body between himself and the defender looking for the penalty, my point at the time was he should be doing that in order to protect the ball. Jesus literally jumped in front of Billy and went down yet no calls of the striker initiating the contact, PL and pundits just make up sh*t as they go along.  

What made my blood boil the weekend was on MOTD when they slowed down the Zouma challenge on Sterling, Shearer said contact was made 2-3 times, but the replay showed he was just guessing and you couldn't really say for sure their was any contact, let alone enough to send Sterling to the floor, if a defender hinders the striker from shooting by being glued to his back, is that a foul ? or is it tight defending ? If VAR would of over ruled the ref on that i would of given up on VAR and start calling for it to be taken out of the game, thankfully they agreed with the ref, their was no real challenge from Zouma, just a tight presence, which is enough for Sterling to go down.