Jump to content

Recommended Posts

First, I would like to greet all of you. anyone whose blood is blue, my brothers and sisters.

I am from Serbia and i will try to write as short as possible 😄

When I was younger in second half of 90s, i heard some songs from Partizan Belgrade fans. They are singing some songs in which Chelsea was mentioned. In positive way of course. After that my dad told me lot about Borota, about his lucidity etc.  He was definitely first stronger link between Chelsea and this area here. In late 90s, i followed news about Chelsea just in some sport magazines or newspaper. In Serbia Live on the tv in that period there were only domestic league, calcio and CL. So, at the beginning of 2000, there was much more PL on tv and i started to follow Chelsea more. Especially when Slavisa Jokanovic arrived at the club.

So, thats my beginning for following of Chelsea, and this post its my beginning on this forum 😉

Once again, big greetings to all and cheers ! 🍻


 
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VladimirCFC said:

First, I would like to greet all of you. anyone whose blood is blue, my brothers and sisters.

I am from Serbia and i will try to write as short as possible 😄

When I was younger in second half of 90s, i heard some songs from Partizan Belgrade fans. They are singing some songs in which Chelsea was mentioned. In positive way of course. After that my dad told me lot about Borota, about his lucidity etc.  He was definitely first stronger link between Chelsea and this area here. In late 90s, i followed news about Chelsea just in some sport magazines or newspaper. In Serbia Live on the tv in that period there were only domestic league, calcio and CL. So, at the beginning of 2000, there was much more PL on tv and i started to follow Chelsea more. Especially when Slavisa Jokanovic arrived at the club.

So, thats my beginning for following of Chelsea, and this post its my beginning on this forum 😉

Once again, big greetings to all and cheers ! 🍻


 

I used to work with a lot of Serbians which of course meant after work getting absolutely sh*t faced with them. I love all serbians

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Blue family, we're neighbours (I am from Romania) and share the exact same story :bluescalf: Late 90's was all about the Romanian league, Serie A and European Cups on TV, then the 2000's came, PL rights were bought and basically exploded on National television when Adrian Mutu became a Chelsea player. Dan Petrescu the right full back had already played for Chelsea years before Mutu arrived, but as you said, late 90's you would only read it in the sport newspapers and the odd Chelsea match highlights every once in a while in the sport news.

::ChELSeAFaN::

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Welcome to the Blue family, we're neighbours (I am from Romania) and share the exact same story :bluescalf: Late 90's was all about the Romanian league, Serie A and European Cups on TV, then the 2000's came, PL rights were bought and basically exploded on National television when Adrian Mutu became a Chelsea player. Dan Petrescu the right full back had already played for Chelsea years before Mutu arrived, but as you said, late 90's you would only read it in the sport newspapers and the odd Chelsea match highlights every once in a while in the sport news.

::ChELSeAFaN::

Adrian Mutu was the second player name I ever got on the back of my shirt, after about 5/6 different Zola shirts, shame about the way Mutu's career with us ended

Edited by Malta Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

My Serbian is a bit rusty and I dont know how to spell it but kako is?

Dobro sam brate 😉

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

I used to work with a lot of Serbians which of course meant after work getting absolutely sh*t faced with them. I love all serbians

Haha.. cant even imagine that..  I guess the alcoholic rivers flowed  🤣

3 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

Welcome to the Blue family, we're neighbours (I am from Romania) and share the exact same story :bluescalf: Late 90's was all about the Romanian league, Serie A and European Cups on TV, then the 2000's came, PL rights were bought and basically exploded on National television when Adrian Mutu became a Chelsea player. Dan Petrescu the right full back had already played for Chelsea years before Mutu arrived, but as you said, late 90's you would only read it in the sport newspapers and the odd Chelsea match highlights every once in a while in the sport news.

::ChELSeAFaN::

Thanks and great, Im so glad to meet Blue brother from Romania. Chelsea doesnt have to worry for support in east and south-east of Europe. We are here 🤝

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Yeah, and they never ever let me pay for a single drink

The more drunk We are, more drinks for everyone 🤣 Thats some kind of our hospitality and kindness, sometimes its a strenuos and stubborn but its fine at the end 🍻

11 hours ago, Jezz said:

Welcome, Vladimir :drinks:

Thanks Jezz 😉🍺

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VladimirCFC said:

The more drunk We are, more drinks for everyone 🤣 Thats some kind of our hospitality and kindness, sometimes its a strenuos and stubborn but its fine at the end 🍻

 

The serbians I have met are genuinely the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. I think it helped I tried to speak very basic Serbian to them.

 Especially when I learned "ziveli" i dont know if i spelt that right. I only ever tried to talk in Serbian I have never written or typed it before

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dobro došao Vlade! Moj otac je iz Beograda. Majka isto iz bivše Juge. Ja sam rodjen u engleskoj ali idem često u Beograd i u Hrvatsku (Hvar i Sibenik). 
 

I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum about football in former Yugoslavia, the golden generation of the 90s etc. Feel free to chip in! Of course in case nobody mentioned it yet-  one of Chelsea’s all-time legends was Serbian- Bane Ivanović! 
 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaitlinCFC said:

Hey @VladimirCFC welcome.

Thanks Caitlin 🍻

4 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

The serbians I have met are genuinely the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. I think it helped I tried to speak very basic Serbian to them.

 Especially when I learned "ziveli" i dont know if i spelt that right. I only ever tried to talk in Serbian I have never written or typed it before

Yes, you did it spelt right. You are good my brother. Živeli !!! When you clinking 🍻 This letter "Ž" you read like a "g" in word "giraffe" 🙂  We use also cyrillic alphabet and then that Ž would be Ж 😀

So, maybe its good to know NAPRED ČELZI / НАПРЕД ЧЕЛЗИ! Its a "GO AHEAD CHELSEA" 😎

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Dobro došao Vlade! Moj otac je iz Beograda. Majka isto iz bivše Juge. Ja sam rodjen u engleskoj ali idem često u Beograd i u Hrvatsku (Hvar i Sibenik). 
 

I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum about football in former Yugoslavia, the golden generation of the 90s etc. Feel free to chip in! Of course in case nobody mentioned it yet-  one of Chelsea’s all-time legends was Serbian- Bane Ivanović! 
 

 

 

Bolje vas našao Dean. Baš mi je drago, puno pozdrava za tebe i tvoje roditelje. Divna mesta posećuješ 😉 Nadam se da ćemo se jednog dana i sresti, slobodno se javi kada budeš u Beogradu.

Its great i will definitely check that part of forum. Yap Bane, you are right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!