First, I would like to greet all of you. anyone whose blood is blue, my brothers and sisters.

I am from Serbia and i will try to write as short as possible 😄

When I was younger in second half of 90s, i heard some songs from Partizan Belgrade fans. They are singing some songs in which Chelsea was mentioned. In positive way of course. After that my dad told me lot about Borota, about his lucidity etc.  He was definitely first stronger link between Chelsea and this area here. In late 90s, i followed news about Chelsea just in some sport magazines or newspaper. In Serbia Live on the tv in that period there were only domestic league, calcio and CL. So, at the beginning of 2000, there was much more PL on tv and i started to follow Chelsea more. Especially when Slavisa Jokanovic arrived at the club.

So, thats my beginning for following of Chelsea, and this post its my beginning on this forum 😉

Once again, big greetings to all and cheers ! 🍻

1 hour ago, VladimirCFC said:

First, I would like to greet all of you. anyone whose blood is blue, my brothers and sisters.

I am from Serbia and i will try to write as short as possible 😄

When I was younger in second half of 90s, i heard some songs from Partizan Belgrade fans. They are singing some songs in which Chelsea was mentioned. In positive way of course. After that my dad told me lot about Borota, about his lucidity etc.  He was definitely first stronger link between Chelsea and this area here. In late 90s, i followed news about Chelsea just in some sport magazines or newspaper. In Serbia Live on the tv in that period there were only domestic league, calcio and CL. So, at the beginning of 2000, there was much more PL on tv and i started to follow Chelsea more. Especially when Slavisa Jokanovic arrived at the club.

So, thats my beginning for following of Chelsea, and this post its my beginning on this forum 😉

Once again, big greetings to all and cheers ! 🍻

I used to work with a lot of Serbians which of course meant after work getting absolutely sh*t faced with them. I love all serbians

Welcome to the Blue family, we're neighbours (I am from Romania) and share the exact same story :bluescalf: Late 90's was all about the Romanian league, Serie A and European Cups on TV, then the 2000's came, PL rights were bought and basically exploded on National television when Adrian Mutu became a Chelsea player. Dan Petrescu the right full back had already played for Chelsea years before Mutu arrived, but as you said, late 90's you would only read it in the sport newspapers and the odd Chelsea match highlights every once in a while in the sport news.

::ChELSeAFaN::

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Welcome to the Blue family, we're neighbours (I am from Romania) and share the exact same story :bluescalf: Late 90's was all about the Romanian league, Serie A and European Cups on TV, then the 2000's came, PL rights were bought and basically exploded on National television when Adrian Mutu became a Chelsea player. Dan Petrescu the right full back had already played for Chelsea years before Mutu arrived, but as you said, late 90's you would only read it in the sport newspapers and the odd Chelsea match highlights every once in a while in the sport news.

Adrian Mutu was the second player name I ever got on the back of my shirt, after about 5/6 different Zola shirts, shame about the way Mutu's career with us ended

Edited by Malta Blue
3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

My Serbian is a bit rusty and I dont know how to spell it but kako is?

Dobro sam brate 😉

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

I used to work with a lot of Serbians which of course meant after work getting absolutely sh*t faced with them. I love all serbians

Haha.. cant even imagine that..  I guess the alcoholic rivers flowed  🤣

3 hours ago, petre ispirescu said:

Thanks and great, Im so glad to meet Blue brother from Romania. Chelsea doesnt have to worry for support in east and south-east of Europe. We are here 🤝

13 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Yeah, and they never ever let me pay for a single drink

The more drunk We are, more drinks for everyone 🤣 Thats some kind of our hospitality and kindness, sometimes its a strenuos and stubborn but its fine at the end 🍻

11 hours ago, Jezz said:

Welcome, Vladimir :drinks:

Thanks Jezz 😉🍺

8 minutes ago, VladimirCFC said:

The more drunk We are, more drinks for everyone 🤣 Thats some kind of our hospitality and kindness, sometimes its a strenuos and stubborn but its fine at the end 🍻

The serbians I have met are genuinely the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. I think it helped I tried to speak very basic Serbian to them.

Especially when I learned "ziveli" i dont know if i spelt that right. I only ever tried to talk in Serbian I have never written or typed it before

Dobro došao Vlade! Moj otac je iz Beograda. Majka isto iz bivše Juge. Ja sam rodjen u engleskoj ali idem često u Beograd i u Hrvatsku (Hvar i Sibenik). 

I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum about football in former Yugoslavia, the golden generation of the 90s etc. Feel free to chip in! Of course in case nobody mentioned it yet-  one of Chelsea’s all-time legends was Serbian- Bane Ivanović! 

4 hours ago, CaitlinCFC said:

Hey @VladimirCFC welcome.

Thanks Caitlin 🍻

4 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

The serbians I have met are genuinely the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. I think it helped I tried to speak very basic Serbian to them.

Especially when I learned "ziveli" i dont know if i spelt that right. I only ever tried to talk in Serbian I have never written or typed it before

Yes, you did it spelt right. You are good my brother. Živeli !!! When you clinking 🍻 This letter "Ž" you read like a "g" in word "giraffe" 🙂  We use also cyrillic alphabet and then that Ž would be Ж 😀

So, maybe its good to know NAPRED ČELZI / НАПРЕД ЧЕЛЗИ! Its a "GO AHEAD CHELSEA" 😎

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Dobro došao Vlade! Moj otac je iz Beograda. Majka isto iz bivše Juge. Ja sam rodjen u engleskoj ali idem često u Beograd i u Hrvatsku (Hvar i Sibenik). 

I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum about football in former Yugoslavia, the golden generation of the 90s etc. Feel free to chip in! Of course in case nobody mentioned it yet-  one of Chelsea’s all-time legends was Serbian- Bane Ivanović! 

Bolje vas našao Dean. Baš mi je drago, puno pozdrava za tebe i tvoje roditelje. Divna mesta posećuješ 😉 Nadam se da ćemo se jednog dana i sresti, slobodno se javi kada budeš u Beogradu.

Its great i will definitely check that part of forum. Yap Bane, you are right.

• 4 weeks later...