• Gilmour
    • Alonso
    • Ziyech
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

Tough choice, as a lot of good performances today.

Props to James & Gilmour, but have gone with Alonso.

Big goal in a big game and totally ruined Sky’s Man City title party.

Gave my vote to James.

IMO overall Werner had an awful game. Terrible touches, loads of offsides...... again! But unlike Torres, he keeps on trying, keeps on working, and he always seems to be involved somewhere in the good things that happen. Personally, on what I have seen so far,  I'd swap him for Haaland in a heartbeat, but I do admire his heart and attitude and would love to see him come good.

Some good performances today. Gilmore had a very good second half. Strong games by Werner and Rudiger.

My pick was James. Flying down that wing today and delivery good crosses.

I went for Ziyech. Not completely honest (would probably have gone for James too), but I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to skew the result. I have no beef with the criticism he gets, but he is highly effective and can turn/win a match with that left foot of his. Also as i said on the match thread, many of his final balls falling just on the wrong side of killer, but he’s taking that risk with them. On another day those passes reach their target, lead to goals and he is the outright MOTM.

12 hours ago, just said:

Gave my vote to James.

IMO overall Werner had an awful game. Terrible touches, loads of offsides...... again! But unlike Torres, he keeps on trying, keeps on working, and he always seems to be involved somewhere in the good things that happen. Personally, on what I have seen so far,  I'd swap him for Haaland in a heartbeat, but I do admire his heart and attitude and would love to see him come good.

Yeah he has zero in common with Torres or Morata. I agree with your criticism but am optimistic he will come good. The key reason for that and what I like about him is this: given his effort and knack for being involved in all our dangerous moves, only minor adjustments are required for a massive potential impact. For example, if he could just tweak the timing of his runs by a fraction of a second, we could be looking at a lot more goals (10+?) next season. Couple of other minor improvements and he could be one of the most feared players in the league. 

21 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I voted for James but Azpilicueta had a great game as well.

Yep, that's how I saw it, with plaudits too for Werner for keep plugging away and another assist (but he has to learn the offside law!) plus a good cameo from CHO.

James best game for a long while. And have to take my hat off to Azpi. I've been critical of him as he did seem to be in decline but recently he has been back to being Mr Reliable and what a great Pro.