Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Wed 12th May 2021 20:15 GMT

1 minute ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Im not happy at all. I'll ask again, do you still want Liverpool to beat Utd?

Of course not. That's why I wrote before that a win today is a prerogative for all the conjecture afterwards. You glad now? Gotta say, dudes that have nothing else to do than go diggin in the crates right after a bad result should probably rethink their "ridiculous" focus. Cheers!

That was a clusterf**k, play your strongest side at this stage of the season. The wrong message went out to the team the moment we decided to change the keeper 

Once its apparent we have f**ked up with selection why bring on players who aren't match fit? We were guilty of thinking about the next match first

Sorry Tommy this one is on you, another foreign coach that doesnt understand 'derbies' and why this was a final for Arsenal

Havertz miss was ultimately costly, he really has to at least get it on target

Jorgi has a brainfart , no fault of Kepa though again with a regular keeper you get used to his positioning

Billy was tidy in the first half possibly unlucky to get hooked

We now have to win the last two to guarantee top four and need ManU to give us a hand tomorrow otherwise we maybe in trouble

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

He's been a key part of the team that have got us to the CL and FA-Cup final. Have some respect.

He will never be a key part of a team that wins the title though. I’ve thought that since he joined and I still feel the same. He is such a safe, nothing player. He can have some really good games, but too often he’s anonymous and when he’s bad, his lack of physicality makes him too absolutely shocking. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

To create an angle. I said it earlier in the thread and I think Redknapp mentioned it at half time. You’re taught from a young age, when making a back pass you put it to either side of the goal. Precisely to avoid a situation like that. He didn’t even lift his head before he played it. It was atrocious and he knew it.

Jorginho has been doing it since he arrived at the club, the only surprise is that it's taken 3 years for it to lead to a goal. It's astonishing that a player thats strongest traits are passing and reading of the game, but will so often play a pass everybody is taught not to play at a young age.

Edited by Scott Harris

Another shower of sh*t team that parks the bus and takes the three points. We really, really need to start dominating mid table teams. I just hope that this Saturday the players are on it from the KO, as Leicester is a far better team than Le Arse.

I’m nervous now, hopefully this doesn’t be the catalyst to a bad run of games and we lose top 4. Let’s hope it just a bad day at the office kind of thing and move on.

3 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Started badly with the Havertz miss,

Got worse with the Zouma dallying on the ball

Bad escalated quickly to worse, with a criminal blind backpass from Jorginho.

That Descended into farce, with the worst game management of the Tuchel era, when he took off our best player of the game (billy) but kept on jorgi.

That change also nullified probably our biggest threat in Mason. Who other than hitting the first man on a few corners was anonymous for the entire 2nd half.

Then brought on our secret weapon in Giroud, but rather than cross it to him, we kept getting to the edge of the 18 yrd box, then went backwards.

We went from something like the 24th min, to the 75th min without having a shot on target.

FRUSTRATING. BORING. UNINSPIRED. INSIPID. sh*t.....UTTER UTTER sh*t.

Couldn't agree more. This is exatly how I feels as well. And some how you could see this coming after the goal.

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

That was very frustrating. 

Havertz has to score. Jorginho making an atrocious error. Zouma looking woeful. 

Tuchel making bizarre subs. We're chasing a game and he chooses tonight the time to give minutes to players he's overlooked for weeks? 

Arsenal didn't even force Kepa into a save tonight and that's why it's such a hard one to swallow that we've lost. 

Yeah Tuchel has to shoulder some of the blame too. Can’t blame him for what Havertz and Jorginho did but some of his decisions were just odd. No wonder Giroud and Hudson-Odoi looked off the pace, barely played them for two months. Gilmour sub was bizarre. If he’d had any balls, he’d have hooked jorginho instead. 

1 minute ago, RMH said:

Another shower of sh*t team that parks the bus and takes the three points. We really, really need to start dominating mid table teams. I just hope that this Saturday the players are on it from the KO, as Leicester is a far better team than Le Arse.

I think we dominated them all the way. We just have been awful + unlucky in front of the goal and gifted them one. I don't think we had a particular good game of course but we did dominate them imho.

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

That was a clusterf**k, play your strongest side at this stage of the season. The wrong message went out to the team the moment we decided to change the keeper 

Once its apparent we have f**ked up with selection why bring on players who aren't match fit? We were guilty of thinking about the next match first

Sorry Tommy this one is on you, another foreign coach that doesnt understand 'derbies' and why this was a final for Arsenal

Havertz miss was ultimately costly, he really has to at least get it on target

Jorgi has a brainfart , no fault of Kepa though again with a regular keeper you get used to his positioning

Billy was tidy in the first half possibly unlucky to get hooked

We now have to win the last two to guarantee top four and need ManU to give us a hand tomorrow otherwise we maybe in trouble

I wholeheartedly  agree with your comment on the derbies, but I'd go further and say he hasn't picked up on the derby feel to almost every Chelsea game. Too many points dropped against the so called lesser teams.

Give him credit in what he has achieved in a small time, but he will have to wise up to this next season.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

He will never be a key part of a team that wins the title though. I’ve thought that since he joined and I still feel the same. He is such a safe, nothing player. He can have some really good games, but too often he’s anonymous and when he’s bad, his lack of physicality makes him too absolutely shocking. 

We'll see about that.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Jorginho is a key part of a title win. If we beat City on the 29th he will have been a key part of that.

And he's been terrific since Tuchel came in. Atrocious against WBA and bad today (also looked very tired) both otherwise he's been very, very good.

6 minutes ago, weetee said:

Of course not. That's why I wrote before that a win today is a prerogative for all the conjecture afterwards. You glad now? Gotta say, dudes that have nothing else to do than go diggin in the crates right after a bad result should probably rethink their "ridiculous" focus. Cheers!

Digging? You were my last notification. It took a click to go back and ask you that question. Be careful what you wish for is what I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, coco said:

Did we have a minutes silence for that little 9yo boy who died on the football pitch by lightning strike yesterday ?

Heard about this today via Facebook, absolutely horrible. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Jorginho has been doing it since he arrived at the club, the only surprise is that it's taken 3 years for it to lead to a goal. It's astonishing that a player thats strongest traits are passing and reading of the game, but will so often play a pass everybody is taught not to play at a young age.

100% agree, it's been coming.

3 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Yeah Tuchel has to shoulder some of the blame too. Can’t blame him for what Havertz and Jorginho did but some of his decisions were just odd. No wonder Giroud and Hudson-Odoi looked off the pace, barely played them for two months. Gilmour sub was bizarre. If he’d had any balls, he’d have hooked jorginho instead. 

Agree with that. I had no issue with the starting line up but the first two substitutions made little sense.

16 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Ahh yes, because every young player is the same, where was Harry Kane at 19? Frank Lampard? Can do this all night. 

Lampard played nearly every game in a West Ham side that finished 5th in the Prem and Harry Kane scored one-in-three at Championship Millwall.

CHO plays for one of the strongest teams in the country and still produces nothing. I couldn’t name you a single game where I came away thinking he really improved us. Maybe he will improve in future or maybe he’s just not that good.