Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Wed 12th May 2021 20:15 GMT

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Interesting, No Kante. Saving him for Saturday and I thought that Silva would get the day off as well, but that has been given to Rudi. Excited to see Billy G get another match from the start again. Hopefully we are in front comfortably and we can see Anjorin or Livramento get some minutes

Just now, Zaphod2319 said:

Was not expecting Kepa. A warm up for the cup?

I think he's getting this match because Mendy is going to be in goal for the final. Could be wrong of course, but that is my guess

Well confirms Kepa starts the cup final if fit.

Only surprise is iron man Dave is the only one not given time off from the players that played against Real and City.

Kante and Rudiger left our completely today, Mount and Silva against City were.

Werner is on the bench. Really think we should have just left him at home to rest too.

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

Suspect it’s about him getting match practice before he plays in the cup final ? 

Could well be.

but surely mendy has to play the final 

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Think it means Kepa plays the final and we dont want him coming in from the cold to it.

My thoughts too , still prefer Mendy though !

This Kepa situation is stressing me out. I just don’t understand why you’d risk top 4 and cup finals not picking your best player in goal. I know lots of teams do it, but most have more reliable back ups than Kepa. Makes us so much weaker from set pieces.

Yes, I agree that this looks like Kepa gets to play the FA Cup final and he needs to get this game as a practice. Other than that, the team is strong.

Just now, Adamrb said:

This Kepa situation is stressing me out. I just don’t understand why you’d risk top 4 and cup finals not picking your best player in goal. I know lots of teams do it, but most have more reliable back ups than Kepa. Makes us so much weaker from set pieces.

I’m no Kepa fan, but imagine if Mendy gets injured before the CL final and Kepa had to play !!! 

TT getting him match sharp and getting the defensive unit used to him too .

ARSENAL TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Leno, Gabriel, Mari, Holding, Tierney, Partey, Elneny, Saka, Odegaard, Smith Rowe, Aubameyang.

Subs: Ryan, Bellerin, Ceballos, Lacazette, Willian, Cedric, Pepe, Chambers, Martinelli. 

1 minute ago, Adamrb said:

Yeah, GKs should be able to handle two games a week for a while.

I’d of thought this is to soften the blow for Kepa not playing the final despite playing all the earlier rounds but honestly who knows what Tuchel is going to do.