Who to replace Thiago Silva?

ozboy

Lots of fuss about a new striker but in my view while imperfect we can manage with the striking options we have. Excepting Giroud they all have many years left. However we know that Silva has a season at most in him. Our other central defenders are very good, and on his form since Tuchel arrived you could call Rudigier world class but really we need to replace Silva. Neither Zouma nor Christensen are at that level are they?

How about Jules Kounde? 

Kounde, Varane, maybe Marquinhos. Jose Gimenez has supposedly been on the club’s shortlist for awhile. Or bring back Guehi, have Silva play another 2 years in bit parts, sell Christensen.

I guess it all depends on what formation Tuchel looks to play going forward. Always seemed like 3 at the back was a temporary measure since he joined mid-season.

On 09/05/2021 at 16:02, ForeverCarefree said:

Sergio Ramos. 

Just keep signing quality defenders at the end of their careers. 

I personally don't think Ramos is a quality defender. He's a big game player, but his defensive qualities are pretty average. His game is too risky and he gets caught out a lot, like he did against us the other night.

Posted (edited)

I reckon silva has another year easy especially in a back 3 he is never caught out for pace or positioning .

Also having Rudi on this form is like a new signing, he is in current form one of the best in Europe, plus we have a couple of good young CB’s in loan, I reckon we are actually ok at CB. 

Edited by SFL82

On 09/05/2021 at 23:02, ForeverCarefree said:

Sergio Ramos. 

Ramos has long past his expiry date for a top defender. He is just there for shock value

On 12/05/2021 at 01:15, Malcolm9 said:

We have Tomori and Sarr to come back in and I think both will be great under Tuchel.

Seems likely that Milan will make Tomori’s move permanent.

Only one person springs to mind, he is not the fastest nor is he the fittest and he is not very experienced, he cant kick the ball particularly straight, he's not the most intelligent and he hasn't got any discipline. His preferred positions are RB, LB and CDM. He's never played CB before but most importantly he wants to be a millionaire and he loves chelsea.

I'm talking about me of course

On 09/05/2021 at 16:02, ForeverCarefree said:

Sergio Ramos. 

Agreed. Ramos also helps us to fill our 'massive c**t' quota which we have been performing poorly in recently.

Plus it's worked for us in the past:

Marcel Desailly of Chelsea holds the cup after the AXA FA Cup Final... News  Photo - Getty Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well it won’t be Alana  or Konate. 

I do hope we have our targets lined up. The starting gun has sounded on this window  transfers. 

Looks like he's staying for next season too? Still he needs to be managed properly in order to avoid injury, it's a long season so I still wouldn't mind a new CB even if we are to sign Haaland/Sancho...