Am i the only person who thinks chelsea do not get the accolades they truly deserve ? we are the only Team that has ever won a trophy ever year for a decade and more  yet all we seem to hear is scumpool this and manc crap that  , maybe its the Chelsea way but  we are truly the best club winning everything put infront of us  consistantly at every level Senior  Youth And Ladies  just pure class 

3 hours ago, dellaw said:

Am i the only person who thinks chelsea do not get the accolades they truly deserve ? we are the only Team that has ever won a trophy ever year for a decade and more  yet all we seem to hear is scumpool this and manc crap that  , maybe its the Chelsea way but  we are truly the best club winning everything put infront of us  consistantly at every level Senior  Youth And Ladies  just pure class 

i agree 👍

5 hours ago, dellaw said:

I concur.

Its the RA factor without them being bothered to look at others club's owners too closely it has been decided that no credit can be given to a club owned by 'Putin's mate'.

It would be interesting if we could do the double as that would out trump Pep and the oil boys in the North and we would watch the press squirm to give toned down accolades for yet another Chelsea triumph turning mid table obscurity to reaching the peaks.

Big month for both us and City, COYB.

18 hours ago, dellaw said:

I don't think that's true... We didn't win anything during 2008, 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2020. But we haven't gone consecutive years without a trophy in nearly 2 decades 🙂 so we are clearly winning either the FA Cup or the Champs League this year 😅

We'll get credit for a few months after we win a big trophy. Not very surprising that City are getting all the attention now!

Perhaps I just feel the need to overcompensate after our third defeat against this tinpot Arsenal side in a calendar year, but it's always seemed to me that even when we're sh*t (and we frequently have been over the past few years) teams are still scared of playing us just "because it's Chelsea". Could you honestly say that about Roy Hodgson's Liverpool or David Moyes' Man Utd? Our aura isn't quite what it was now the Drogba generation have all been and gone but there's still something there which causes disquiet. Tuchel's contribution so far has only contributed to that.

I think the 2021 UCL final sums up well the shift of power in English football.

Regardless of who wins there is no denying these are the two most successful clubs in the past 15 years. Liverpool may have started to bridge the gap with a handful of trophies these past 3 years but the main contenders for trophies has been these two.

Now the way it gets spun depends on who wins, until Man city win a UCL they won't quite be recognised truly for how good they have been these last 10 years. That's not to say they don't get plaudits but its exactly the same situation we were in when we sought the holy grail. 

Were we to win, it would cement our legacy further and just draw a bit more breathing space between the two clubs. As sadly now they have reached our premier league record and sit joint 2nd on the all time wins with us. Rather than being joint on UCL wins getting the win here would still present a difference in prestige between the two clubs. 

If we win this year we will get the 'accolades' that the original poster claims we don't get from the media. But despite what we have done in the past there will always be a recency bias it has been 4 seasons now since we won the premier league and 9 seasons since we last won the UCL. Based purely on that it makes sense we haven't been getting as much praise as Liverpool and City in recent seasons.

As demonstrated in our win vs Real history means nothing in the present, regardless of past prestige you must regularly prove you are the best in the contemporary period. 

So to answer your post considering we haven't won anything of note for a while it makes sense why we are constantly underestimated (to our opponents detriment) but I personally don't mind being the underdog so it doesn't bother me.

Underrated is just a understatement to quote a rapper I'm quite fond of.