Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

Well, here we are again! Another final! Another potential name change!

If we play like we have been of late, then we should win this! However as we know Leicester are no push overs, they can be very good on their day.  I just hope their recent poor form carries over into this game.  The worrying thing is they have lost all four of their FA Cup final appearances, and surely the law of average would suggest that maybe it's there time?  Hopefully not! 

Anyway COME ON THE CHELS!!!

29 minutes ago, Eight Times said:

Well, here we are again! Another final! Another potential name change!

If we play like we have been of late, then we should win this! However as we know Leicester are no push overs, they can be very good on their day.  I just hope their recent poor form carries over into this game.  The worrying thing is they have lost all four of their FA Cup final appearances, and surely the law of average would suggest that maybe it's there time?  Hopefully not! 

Anyway COME ON THE CHELS!!!

The law of averages does not apply in football. Every match is a new chance to lose again, hopefully in Leicester's case :beg:

Waiting on news of if Evans is fit for them as he is a huge player for their side and their leader.

Also gotta find a way of shutting down the supply to the ex city striker of theirs that is bang in form as well.

Huge pressure on us to deliver here. Last two times was like that we crumbled against Arsenal and put in poor displays that were only surpassed by how bad anthony Taylor's was. Can we do better this time please or are we going to muck it up again?!!

• coco changed the title to Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

Well play like we did today and you wont have to worry about changing your name @Eight Times

TT got burned by rotation and he admitted as much, so I am expecting to see him use his best players in the last 4 games and rotate only minor roles.

Meaning the likes of Mendy, Azpi, Silva, rudiger, Kante, Mount and Werner play and the rest he can switch between.

I wonder if this oops has burned TT so much Kepa will lose his place for the final.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

The league game against Leicester is bigger than this one. 

On the contrary KonaKai, I believe tonight's dismal showing has made the cup final a must win and ramped the pressure up on TT to deliver the FA cup big time.

Not so much for the actual trophy, as much as some of us love the famous old cup very much. But because of what TT honestly admitted. He was focusing on this game when he should have been focused on Arsenal, he left Kante and Rudiger at home and had the two Tinos on the bench who he was never, ever going to use instead. 

His lack of interest in Arsenal and his priority for the cup transmitted to the players and cost us 3 points. So now, after all that and the cr@p it has left us in in the league if we go and lose the cup final what does that do to the teams mindset and to his own?

If we lose this final it will have dire knock on effects to our remaining 2 league games imo, and honestly I can see it costing us a top 4 finish if we fail at Wembley. 

And because of that I dont think TT can risk to even allow Kepa the game as we expect him too.

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Rudiger

James

Jorginho 

Kante

Chilwell

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

Edited by axman2526

Posted (edited)

Kante is injured. Hopefully he isn't forced back for this game or we might just be left with jorginho and Gilmour for the remaining 3 games of the season. 

I know a lot of folks adore the fa cup but for me top 4 is more important 

Also why the f**k does Tuchel always resort to playing mount in the pivot. Even Stevie wonder can see that it doesn't work.. May be someone should tell him to try Reece in that position

Edited by The Don Antonio

1 minute ago, The Don Antonio said:

Kante is injured. Hopefully he isn't forced back for this game or we might just be left with jorginho and Gilmour for the remaining 3 games of the season. 

I know a lot of folks adore the fa cup but for me top 4 is more important

I think both clubs will be managing the next 2 games in the same way, a shame it can't be an end of season thriller with full strength sides.

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Well play like we did today and you wont have to worry about changing your name @Eight Times

TT got burned by rotation and he admitted as much, so I am expecting to see him use his best players in the last 4 games and rotate only minor roles.

Meaning the likes of Mendy, Azpi, Silva, rudiger, Kante, Mount and Werner play and the rest he can switch between.

I wonder if this oops has burned TT so much Kepa will lose his place for the final.

But he did not rotate much for the first time. The only truly rotated positions were goal keeper with Kepa and the midfield with Gilmour. Zouma has had regular starts in defence, and the attacking three of Mount, Havertz and Pulisic are players that regularly play and have been several times in the starting 11. I think it was the motivation that failed, this group of players look tired and they don't go into games against mid table teams with the proper mindset. Other than that, one horrible error by Jorginho, that in my opinion would not have been a goal if Mendy was playing because Jorginho passed the ball where he expected the keeper to be given the time they've played together. Also our lack of finishing is frustrating, we could have finished them off in the first half. And finally, Tuchel got horribly wrong the bench and the substitutions, and I also think that he was wrong playing Kepa and Zouma.

It is frustrating this trend of playing your second goal keeper all games of the Cup, which is why he had to play last night a rusty Kepa. Not that a goalie can't play twice a week unlike other positions, get your first choice keeper on every game! It is the first choice for a reason and it also gives confidence to the defending line and when playing from the back it is important that the keeper and the defenders understand each other for the reason we saw last night.

It's always nice to get a trophy in a season when everything looks bad and now you're finalist in two competitions. 

We're capable to beat Leicester and we should do that. I believe our loss to Arsenal can make us hunger and more motivated for the last games. During these hard days without fans, bringing this trophy to our home would be incredible and make us happy before the final of our life. Tuchel has to get us ready in tactical discipline and improve our offensive / creative game in attack.

I'd play this lineup:

--------------- Mendy ---------------

-- Zouma -- Thiago Silva -- Rudiger --

Azpilicueta - Kante - Jorginho - Chilwell

---- Ziyech ---- Werner ---- Mount ----

COME ON CHELS!!!

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I look forward to the day I tell my grandkids about how we finished top 4.

Perhaps not, but finishing in the top four last season enabled us to play in the CL this season and the opportunity to win that for a second time.   I would take that over the FA Cup any day of the week.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I look forward to the day I tell my grandkids about how we finished top 4.

You don't wanna tell your kids how we won the CL? Hmmmm I wonder what you have to do to get the opportunity to achieve that.

Edited by KonaKai Blue