Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I look forward to the day I tell my grandkids about how we finished top 4.

I agree with your sentiment, but I also can't imagine telling my grandkids about any of our FA Cup wins since 1997. We've won so many that I can hardly remember any of them specifically. Villa, Everton, Portsmouth maybe? one against Utd with a Drogba goal. To me this is a weird side effect of our Roman era success. Everything blends into another after a while. It's only the European Cup finals that I can still tell apart. For everything else it's a bit like me thinking back over the last forty years and trying to remember my favourite bowl of cornflakes.

4 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Kante is injured. Hopefully he isn't forced back for this game or we might just be left with jorginho and Gilmour for the remaining 3 games of the season. 

I know a lot of folks adore the fa cup but for me top 4 is more important 

Also why the f**k does Tuchel always resort to playing mount in the pivot. Even Stevie wonder can see that it doesn't work.. May be someone should tell him to try Reece in that position

No Kante no chance we win this game, likewise no Kante and top 4 and CL chance (the latter being slim with him imo) are gone as well.

Why cannot Kovacic get himself fit?...

2 minutes ago, Snedger said:

For everything else it's a bit like me thinking back over the last forty years and trying to remember my favourite bowl of cornflakes.

Still sounds more interesting than watching yesterdays game...

Some chatter going about that TT is shocked at how poor the players he picked yesterday did.

That bringing in Kepa would cause such disruption. As when you look at it all of Mount, Havertz and Pulisic are used regularly, so are Jorgi, James, Chilwell, Silva and Dave.

Only Gilmour, who played the last 2 league games and Kepa are not regulars so TT is said to be left both stunned and deeply disappointed by the wastefulness and ineffectiveness of his front 3 and lack of awareness from his defensive players particularly Zouma and Jorgi.

It has rumored to have changed his mindset of selection for the final as he is aware the clubs  need for a few reasons for finishing top 4 is why Lamps was sacked and he got hired in the first place. 

Supposedly some key players may be left out here to go for the 3 game spin of league and CL games. Kante being mentioned as one.

We could see something like this at Wembley

Kepa

Azpi

Zouma

Rudiger 

James

Gilmour

Kovacic

Alonso

Ziyech

Havertz

Mount

Also I wont be able to watch this either live or recorded as we dont have cable just DaZn and they dont get the FA cup. So I will be reading through the match thread in between working and relying on you guys and gals for indepth, detailed and unbiased commentary of the game 😉

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

No Kante no chance we win this game, likewise no Kante and top 4 and CL chance (the latter being slim with him imo) are gone as well.

Why cannot Kovacic get himself fit?...

Kova would have if Tuchel didn't rush him back because he was scared of Madrid. He had a relapse hence him being out for almost a month due to a regular hamstring injury that takes minimum 2 weeks and maximum 3 weeks . Thats the main reason why i am hoping we dont take chances with Kante if he isn't 100 percent

39 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Kova would have if Tuchel didn't rush him back because he was scared of Madrid. He had a relapse hence him being out for almost a month due to a regular hamstring injury that takes minimum 2 weeks and maximum 3 weeks . Thats the main reason why i am hoping we dont take chances with Kante if he isn't 100 percent

Sounds like TT is under big pressure to deliver that.

Great now we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, we either choose the fa cup or focus on the league while still preparing for the CL final, we have no one to blame but ourselves. 
it’s a must we win our last 2 games against Leicester and Aston Villa, to make sure we secure top 4. Thanks Arsenal you pieces of sh*ts. 

This is the team that should start. It's definitely capable of winning the final. We are not built for the false 9.

Kepa

James

Azpi

Rudiger

Zouma

Alonso

Jorgino(Kova if fit)

Gilmore

Kai

Giroud 

Ziyech

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Also I wont be able to watch this either live or recorded as we dont have cable just DaZn and they dont get the FA cup. So I will be reading through the match thread in between working and relying on you guys and gals for indepth, detailed and unbiased commentary of the game 😉

Oh poor man... you know who you're asking, right? You'll know we're f**ked when you keep reading posts about socks or breakfast elements.

15 minutes ago, Faisal said:

Great now we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, we either choose the fa cup or focus on the league while still preparing for the CL final, we have no one to blame but ourselves. 
it’s a must we win our last 2 games against Leicester and Aston Villa, to make sure we secure top 4. Thanks Arsenal you pieces of sh*ts. 

Thank Kai, Jorginho and Tuchel. 

Is Tuchel Tickle ? Or is he Tinker?

Ill be quietly surprised if playing a false 9 vs Brendas mob garners the 🏆. I think we’ve all got a bit carried away with a few top results (in cups etc) but most of the teams he’s beaten or lost to are clubs Chelsea should be beating anyway. And no turning back now we know he’ll start Eee Aww along w Kepa & Jorginho. 
Brenda is no mug & after Lester having lost 4 finals already the players will be up for it. And did I mention they have 2 attackers that can hurts us, unlike our not playing or misfiring strike force  (Vardy is in a goal drought but he still adds threat w pace bit like Temo).

Mate from Dundalk coming over at breakfast time with 🍺 for the 9.15am KO so I’ll be enjoying the match regardless. FA Cup Final is a great tradition and brilliant to go to. I’m stuck over here on the Red List so can’t go to UK my mother country or Portugal either, frustrating when the dosh is in the bank. 

Come on Chelsea !

1 hour ago, General said:

Is Tuchel Tickle ? Or is he Tinker?

Ill be quietly surprised if playing a false 9 vs Brendas mob garners the 🏆. I think we’ve all got a bit carried away with a few top results (in cups etc) but most of the teams he’s beaten or lost to are clubs Chelsea should be beating anyway. And no turning back now we know he’ll start Eee Aww along w Kepa & Jorginho. 
Brenda is no mug & after Lester having lost 4 finals already the players will be up for it. And did I mention they have 2 attackers that can hurts us, unlike our not playing or misfiring strike force  (Vardy is in a goal drought but he still adds threat w pace bit like Temo).

Mate from Dundalk coming over at breakfast time with 🍺 for the 9.15am KO so I’ll be enjoying the match regardless. FA Cup Final is a great tradition and brilliant to go to. I’m stuck over here on the Red List so can’t go to UK my mother country or Portugal either, frustrating when the dosh is in the bank. 

Come on Chelsea !

In general under Tuchel we haven't played with a 9 or with some kind of reference point. 

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not looking forward to the Thursday night schedule mate?

Urrrgh it doesn't bear thinking about. Would honestly not want to be in Europe. 

When you see CL kick off knowing you're good enough to be in it and win it will be a bitter pill to swallow.

The strength of European football is at an all time low in the 25 years I've been watching so there is no better time for us to try and pick up a CL medal or two.

10 hours ago, Valerie said:

Oh poor man... you know who you're asking, right? You'll know we're f**ked when you keep reading posts about socks or breakfast elements.

Hey, you get these posts no matter how well the match is going!

@axman2526 can you not use one of the many, many streams available?

Leicester are in the same position as us, they will want the FA Cup but also need to win on Tuesday if they want to secure top 4. Their last match is a priori more complicated than ours, so even a draw on Tuesday could be tricky for them based on goal difference. So I guess the foxes are also asking themselves whether to go full strength in this game or Tuesday. Ideally, we could go full strength for both games, but I worry about injuries after a season and a quarter of almost non stop two games per week. We'll see what TT has got in him to get this final sprint successfully through the finish line. Ideally, we should make it to the CL next year and a cup would be the cherry. Of course, this could be done by winning the CL final, but that is a high risk gamble.

12 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

This is the team that should start. It's definitely capable of winning the final. We are not built for the false 9.

Kepa

James

Azpi

Rudiger

Zouma

Alonso

Jorgino(Kova if fit)

Gilmore

Kai

Giroud 

Ziyech

I don't think the false 9 is bad . I just don't think it works against teams parking the bus. It especially doesn't work when the false 9 is a version of Kai playing like a little girl. The person we missed most was Werner because he helps with our counter press which is crucial against low block teams.