Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

9 hours ago, chi blue said:

No chance, fa cup win all day long

Hear this argument  so many times for some years now. So sad that the once great trophy is now deemed almost an irrelevance in the modern game. The FA Cup Final used to be THE biggest event in the football calendar. It was the highlight  - we all wanted our team to win the FA Cup and we all dreamed of scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final at Wembley. Now folk see finishing top 4 as more important. I've spoken to a number of people over the last couple of days, talking about the final and some didn't even realise it was the final this week nor who was playing in it! It's become just another televised game and it has lost practically everything that once made it so special.

Boy, how the greedy f**kers who run football have changed things for the worst. Call me an old romantic and i know it will never happen but if it was put to the vote, I would abolish the CL and Europa League and return to the old system of European Cup for title winners, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup how it used to be - two leg knock-out and none of the boring old league sh*t. They were all trophies worth winning back then - money has ruined the game.

Anyway, lets hope we win the old trophy again tomorrow and add it to our list of honours (for those newer to the game, finishing 4th is not a listed honour).

Gonna miss the match due to traveling. Happy to see Kante fit (I didn't even realize he picked up a knock tbh). Real pumped that Kova is finally back fit as well. Heard Kepa will start in goal. He's definitely rebounded really strongly this season, which is great to see!

Kepa | Azpi Silva Rudi | James Gilmour (Kova is he's match ready) Kante Chilwell | Mount Werner Pulisic

39 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Hear this argument  so many times for some years now. So sad that the once great trophy is now deemed almost an irrelevance in the modern game. The FA Cup Final used to be THE biggest event in the football calendar. It was the highlight  - we all wanted our team to win the FA Cup and we all dreamed of scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final at Wembley. Now folk see finishing top 4 as more important. I've spoken to a number of people over the last couple of days, talking about the final and some didn't even realise it was the final this week nor who was playing in it! It's become just another televised game and it has lost practically everything that once made it so special.

Boy, how the greedy f**kers who run football have changed things for the worst. Call me an old romantic and i know it will never happen but if it was put to the vote, I would abolish the CL and Europa League and return to the old system of European Cup for title winners, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup how it used to be - two leg knock-out and none of the boring old league sh*t. They were all trophies worth winning back then - money has ruined the game.

Anyway, lets hope we win the old trophy again tomorrow and add it to our list of honours (for those newer to the game, finishing 4th is not a listed honour).

Ah  RDM 43 second against Boro when me, my dad and Grandad had barely sat down is still one of my fondest memories in football.

54 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Absolutely, the European Cup, Cup Winers Cup and UEFA Cup were ideal. I loved the CWC, it gave the Cup a reason to be and was bloody interesting. Now the Cup gives yo entry to the UEFA Cup equivalent, second tier European tournament. It’s unfair that a cup winner goes to the second tier when the 4th classified goes to the top tier. For us oldies, the cup has a meaning, but rationally ending top 4 gives you entrance to the top league of Europe. Arsenal has won the FA Cup several times in the last few years and they are still a mid table team with a loser mentality. Give the Cup winner access to the CL and the Arsenals of the PL won’t win it again.

MATCHDAY!!! 💙💙💙💙💙

Also, love this from Tony Mount via CFC Daily's twitter page - Tony Mount: "I told Mason to send a picture of last year's losers medal to every single player on the team and tell them there's no way we're coming home with another one of these tomorrow." 

https://twitter.com/CFCDaily/status/1393251325534777349?s=20

Top 4 is more important than FA Cup nowadays ad it helps us attract great players. Haaland will never come if we don't get CL next season. Knowing that a draw on Tuesday will be very bad for us I'd rather see the key players getting rested than going all out today.

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2021 at 03:32, Valerie said:

The law of averages does not apply in football. Every match is a new chance to lose again, hopefully in Leicester's case :beg:

Ha ha every coin toss is a chance to start again. That is the very essence of the law of averages. I’ll get my hat

Edited by ozboy

9 hours ago, Nibs said:

Couldn’t agree more Nibs, I was like a kid at Xmas last as I’m off to Wembley, added to the fact I haven’t been to Football since last March, I’m up early, it’s fry up at 9am with mates then off to Wembley, might not be as emotional and fantastic as 97 but it’s the cup final, win today and top 4 great, but there is no choice to make if I had to choose, miss out on top 4? Hey I will be over it following morning UTC

5 hours ago, bluesfan said:

Top 4 is more important than FA Cup nowadays ad it helps us attract great players. Haaland will never come if we don't get CL next season. Knowing that a draw on Tuesday will be very bad for us I'd rather see the key players getting rested than going all out today.

I think our senior players should have it in them to play three big games in a row with minimal rest/rotation. It’s the business end of the season after all. 

Top4 is more important and it’s not just the money but regular games against top class European opposition that I love to watch. 

however now that we are in the final I sure as f *** want to win it. 

so pissedoff with the gunners game I stop reading the footie news  but now it’s lights on and let em rip. 

3 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Anyone noticed the media bias again ahead of this game...like last season which was all Arsenal, it's all Leicester this year...

Brendan also stoking it saying more people will want them to win as they’re a “people’s club”. 

28 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Anyone noticed the media bias again ahead of this game...like last season which was all Arsenal, it's all Leicester this year...

It must be hard hard to come up with new material seeing as we’re in the final pretty much every year. 

11 hours ago, Nibs said:

Amen to that, @Nibs