Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

Posted (edited)

I’ve said it a bunch of times before, but VAR is not accurate enough to determine such close offside calls. How do you define the exact moment in time that the pass is played? That was a perfectly timed run and the goal should have stood.

We weren’t great but that has left a foul taste in my mouth.

Edited by bluedave

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Yeah, we can moan about the decisions, but fair play yo Leicester. They played to their strengths and in Tielemans had the best player on the pitch. They didn't f**k about playing 1000 passes that get you knowhere. Not having a go at Jorginho but I hope next season we change direction cos this possession football is sh*t to watch and you end up with f**k all.

At least losing to Leicester doesn't feels as bad as the gooners or dippers or spuds etc.

I counted 4 times in the second half alone where Jorginho had opportunities to let loose a shot from just outside the 18 yard box, but instead passed it. Now, I’m not encouraging him to let loose and fire shots like crazy like Rüdiger, but at least try to be a threat to shoot.

Jorginho does a lot for us in terms of recycling possession and such, but I’m sick and tired of the lack of guile and shooting ability.

4 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

That’s never offside even there he isn’t off side never mind the fact the ball has left his foot 

I agree with you. With the speed of body movement, any split second in the stills can be on-side or off-side - all depends on what result the VAR ref wants to get.

1 minute ago, Bluesince66 said:

We are not winning the champions league final,and maybe Tuchel is cursed in finals.

Today the curse was of his own making. 

I'd like to congratulate Leicester, but I physically can't. We were sh*t - they were worse.

Var did us in. I congratulate Var. They deserve a medal more than Jamie Vardy or Ihenacho, who did absolutely nothing all game. 

Tuchel bottled it. One off cup final and you play Kepa despite the fact that Kepa is an obvious disadvantage. It's so weird how no one from the coaching staff even realize that with Mendy on the pitch, no one even tries a long range shot.

Then playing in Werner but keeps having our wing playerd crossing the ball. Feck this sh*tshow.

Now we're going to play this Leicester team in a few days with them buzzing and us on a slump. Feck off.

2 minutes ago, ashwin said:

This happens, weaker teams do win as we have often done in the past. This team will get much better and we must cut the them some slack while they develop.

Very disappointing but on to the next match!

But the weaker team lost. It’s incredible arrogance to think we’re stronger.

Who won the FA cup? Who is third and who is fourth in the table? Why are they the weaker team? Because our team cost a lot more?

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be so downhearted about the UCL final. As we've shown this season we play better against the big teams where we can concede possession, sit back and counter effectively. When we're forced to try and break down a resolute team we are useless. Fair play to Leicester. 

The offside is sickening; I find it strange that they also didn't look at the handball considering the ball was knocked into Silva's hand earlier in the match and a free kick was given. Immensely frustrating, also frustrating the amount of noise the opposition fans made compared to ours. I get that this was a bigger moment in their history than it was for ours but we were massively outperformed in that area too. 

Edited by BenCFC19

Oh and, by the way, if City ever needed a blueprint on how to beat us, the last two games have just shown it. Just have to hope Pep remains arrogant and puts the tiki taka philosophy ahead of grinding out a 1-0.

32 minutes ago, forbzy said:

We still don't create enough, especially considering out poor finishing

100% agree.  I wonder why?   Playing with 1 less attacker and our offensive midfielder is Kante who is poor in the final 3rd. 

Just now, jack h said:

I'll never understand this, top 4 is not, and never will be, more important than a cup final! Disgusting attitude

In thirty years, Leicester fans will still remember lifting a cup. 

Who gives two craps about top 4, apart from accountants and agents?

A bit unprofessional today, stopping claiming for handball while Tielemans bangs in a cracker that just maybe Mendy would have got.

On the front foot, again we stop looking for a foul when we have a break on.

Mount had a decent effort, Chiwell header off the post and then the bad luck with the VAR decision.

I thought TT was too slow to make a sub in the 2nd, it should have happened before they scored.

Just now, bluedave said:

I’ve said it a bunched times before, but VAR is not accurate enough to determine such close offside calls. How do you define the exact moment in time that the pass is played? That was a perfectly timed run and the goal should have stood.

We weren’t great but that has left a foul taste in my mouth.

This aspect of offside calls is not talked about enough in my opinion. It’s a completely subjective decision by the official behind the scenes on which frame he wants to use. f**ked us over more than once, this exact situation - if I remember correctly, Werner’s goal at Anfield was the same sh*t.

3 minutes ago, Deino said:

Because one of the Leicester players called for offside and the ref just had to check it.

All goals are checked.

The handball wouldve been extremely harsh since it bounced of his leg 1st, and it didnt result in clear opportunity. 

Our goal was offside. 

Maybe take it out of contentious decisions and actually go out and win the game.

6 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I’m not too fussed about today because top 4 is more important. Would rather win on Tuesday. 

We won't win it on Tuesday. It's too close to this demoralizing defeat.

I cannot describe how much this hurts, I don’t know what to feel to be honest. Rage, sorrow, indifference, I don’t know. I know some fans say we have to move on but I can’t move on from this. If we can’t beat Leicester, no disrespect to them, how can we beat man city. It feels we have reached a point where we are stunted while the rest keeps progressing. Anyway I’ve rambled for quite a while good night everyone hope you can sleep well.