Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

Just now, BordeauxBlue said:

I thought if it touches a hand at any point in the buildup its ruled out? 

It definitely couldve been, but and if the same thing happened in the area and theres a couple of passes and a goal, then i think it definitely wouldve been. 

I just think it wouldve been incredibly harsh, given it happened 40 odd yards from goal, and we are clutching at straws, instrad of looking at the poor pass from James, and Thiago Silva doing his best Cahill impression (sorry Just) and backing off instead of stepping out to bock the shot.

1 minute ago, BordeauxBlue said:

If you're giving me a straight swap between 4th and no silverware or 5th and an Fa cup, then it's Thursday night for me. 

Am I crazy? Perhaps, but I'm not Arsène Wenger!

Nope, you’re Arteta, happy to win the FA Cup while playing the Europa League and maybe nothing in Europe this coming season. 😉

4 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

This aspect of offside calls is not talked about enough in my opinion. It’s a completely subjective decision by the official behind the scenes on which frame he wants to use. f**ked us over more than once, this exact situation - if I remember correctly, Werner’s goal at Anfield was the same sh*t.

Yeah it winds me up that it’s presented as a scientific certainty with those lines being drawn all over the screen, when in reality you’ve got a bloke in a room squinting at a blurry image on a monitor.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This is possibly the hardest final defeat I have ever had to accept. Done by the one thing that has been screwing us since it was bought into the game. I'm f**king sick of it, I can't accept it in the game anymore, it needs to f**king go. We don't have refs capable of using it correctly, they are drawing f**king silly lines to make decisions. This is not what it was bought in for. 

That goal was NOT offside. How can they not check the actual frame where contact with the ball was made? The ball was already slightly off the ground on the freame they looked at, so it was not the correct frame to use. Nobody will f**king do anything about it though, this sh*t is going to be in the game forever and ruin more and more games.

Particularly in the context of when that goal came, that call needs to be clear and obvious – it wasn’t and goes against the spirit of the game. 

So, why do you make that call?

For as mediocre as Chelsea played, Leicester was not better. How many chances did they have that game?

2, maybe.

It was an FA Cup Final. They scrapped it out.

That call takes away what would have been fun extra-time.

4 minutes ago, 2211 said:

As soon as I saw the VAR pictures I thought this is 50/50.

A VAR decision to go our way to deny Leicester a FA Cup win, no chance.

But TBF we are so limp in attack when they scored my first thought is how on earth are we gonna score 2 goals in 30 minutes.

Getting it to extra time was the most realistic outcome.

We didn’t deserve to win, the intensity only ever increases when we fall behind and it’s down to the last 10 minutes.

Serious surgery needed in the summer.

It wasn't 50/50 other way its disallowed. Comeon the hand ball against Chelsea was from 2 feet be f**king consistent. No way the ref didn't see it was obvious.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Our goal wasn't offside at all. It was a clean run by Chilwell.

Looked offside to me even before they put the lines in, even just by going from the line of the area you can see chilwell is marginally closer. 

4 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

How can Oliver give the handball in the first half when the ball is hit on Silvas hand point blank yet miss the one by Perez, absolute disgraceful officiating in the final once again. 

That's the big question for me as well, why did he call Silvas handball when it was identical to Perez handball.

On the bright side Kova is back now so we should out play them on Tuesday with Kova Kante pivot and a rested Pulisic surely we will be 'super' motivated now. One thing I have to say that despite them outperforming us this could be the moment we decided to win the UCL. 

That offside decision going against us will unite us, people thought Mourinho was paranoid when he said that there was a campaign against us. Now I think its to often we get dubious calls in the finals. 

On review I think the staff will feel hard done by that Var decision and it may push us on to beat City because let's be honest an fa cup win is nothing compared to a UCL win.

8 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

1 PL, 1 Europa league and 1 fa cup since nike has been making our kits for the last 5 years, 3 trophies in 5 years, hopefully we can still make it 4 but still isnt a good enough return. Please can we go back to Adidas

It’s all in the poor quality socks. 

Any future FA Cup final bbq is cancelled. I will be watching the game on my own. There will be no FA Cup final walk that takes in the view of the Wembley Arch. There will not be a third repeat of this. 

2 minutes ago, Snedger said:

This sounds like another modern footballism. Recycling possession? I never remember people saying that about Ballack, Essien, Lampard, Makalele and so on. Jorginho is simply bang average nothingness. City fans still assume it was a hoax that they were linked with him.

At one point he sprayed it out wide and Alonso had nowhere to go. 

He put his arms in the air and shouted for the ball, having found a bit of space outside the area. Aha, I thought, he has a plan! 

So, Alonso passes him the ball and he then proceeds to dawdle for at least 5 seconds, taking two touches all the while, before playing a sideways one two with I think Kante, and finally passing backwards

I'm sure you all saw that beathtaking guile and ingenuity that encapsulated why he commanded such a kings ransom of a Transfer fee? 

Don't know if he's a symptom of our attacking ineptitude or the cause of it, either way: craaaap! 

2 minutes ago, jack h said:

Glad to say I don't feel the same. Today is a final top 4 isn't.

We're not like Leicester or West Ham who want top 4 just to be among Europe's elite though. We actually are capable and want to win the biggest competition in club  football.  Can't guarantee that without top 4

As for the VAR call, every stupid pundit hammered the VAR officials for not giving the Sterling penalty. I think they were f**king scared of giving anything in our favour.

Absolute group of losers and bottlers this lot, let Lampard down and now Tuchel. Mount, James, Hudson-Odoi the lot are a generation of losers at the moment, their youth is just losing finals.

7 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

Arsenal and this game are mostly on Tuchel. Such critical time of the season and he is rotating like crazy and disbalancing the team. 

No they really aren't on him, this is player desire.

3 minutes ago, RMH said:

Nope, you’re Arteta, happy to win the FA Cup while playing the Europa League and maybe nothing in Europe this coming season. 😉

OH no, I have often been compared to a Lego man, it must be true 😅

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Looked offside to me even before they put the lines in, even just by going from the line of the area you can see chilwell is marginally closer. 

Not at all, his run was perfectly timed.

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

Look at this

E1crvR1XIAEXPC5?format=jpg&name=large

It's only offside (by millimetre) because they have decided to pause the replay 2 or 3 frames after the pass is made. It's a f**king disgrace.