Jump to content

Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21


Recommended Posts

I’m pissed, performances were not the best, Tuchel’s decisions were ropey and chelsea weren’t great. But football comes down to small margins. For two games in a row, we have lost to one meaningful shot on target - and not made most of having more chances in the final third, with luck you need going against us. 
hopefully it turns back our way and bloody quickly. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, SaS said:

We didn't lose because of VAR or any other conspiracy. We lost because we continually pass the ball sideways in front of a well prepared defence. We lost because we cannot create a chance from 9 corners. We lost because we left too many non-performing players on the pitch - waiting until 67 minutes to take off Ziyech is a poor decision, particularly in light of taking off the likes of Gilmour at half-time. We lost because Tuchel thought having James stop Vardy was more important than having James create space and dangerous crosses up front - Dave is a great full-back and captain but he is not, and never will be, a wing-back. We lost because we were poor in the second-half. This loss was, like the Arsenal game, all in our own hands. It's pointless blaming anyone else.

We lost because VAR denied us a clear goal. So instead of going 1:1 we lost 0:1. All because of a non-existing offside decision. Leicester scored a goal after having 1 shot on target from 30 yards or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, abigsmurf said:

Here's the resolution of VAR in making decisions (based on 25fps video).

A man running can be out by as much as 15cm (a foot of a running person can be as much as 30cm out). Additionally, the foot kicking the ball can also be up to 30cm out

Then there's the inherent inaccuracy of manually drawing the points the lines are based on. On top of the above inaccuracies.

In short, it's f**king farcical having any confidence in saying offsides that tight are "clear and obvious errors". 

 

Yeah I've seen that somewhere before. I think VAR cameras have much more than 25 FPS but the point still stands, the technology is still not capable of making such close calls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

TBH I really wish the VAR incident hadn’t happened, it might make they board think we was unlucky and that there isn’t much wrong with the team.

Even if we had kept clean sheets against Arsenal & Leicester we still wouldn’t of out-scored either team.

That’s the real problem!

Edited by 2211
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our overall performance just wasn't good enough

Fine details decide finals...their keeper made a wonderful save to deny Mount, Kepa again was beat from distance

In order to win games you have to shoot on target, we don't anywhere near enough

Our run has been amazing since TT came in, there though has been a lack of goals, we simply must get more body's in the box in open play

The changes were too late by TT  today, the right ones were made but at the wrong times

VAR again reared its ugly head, until we get the exact frame the ball leaves the passing players foot it will always be controversial. Maybe you should only be  offside with your legs?

Not a good time to go on a losing run, now we will see if TT can earn his money

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Really have no idea why managers have to change a winning formula. Unbeaten for 14(?) games then lose to Arse. Change the team and put Kepa in goal cos he's been in for the other rounds!! These are important matches and they've been fuc**d up to the extent our season will peter out  to nothing. Is CL qualification really better than a trophy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be more agreeable with VAR if they showed us the whole event in progression, stopped at the kick (not when the ball has left the foot) and drew lines in real time for everyone to see how they arrived to the final still and decision.

When they show just a snap with their final verdict - well, it leaves a lot of room for manipulation to fit an agenda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We weren’t good enough

Just hurts that their goal was handball in the buildup and then a millimetre offside call - not clear and obvious no serious appeals from the And Leicester players

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Stas1 said:

I would be more agreeable with VAR if they showed us the whole event in progression, stopped at the kick (not when the ball has left the foot) and drew lines in real time for everyone to see how they arrived to the final still and decision.

When they show just a snap with their final verdict - well, it leaves a lot of room for manipulation to fit an agenda.

Let's hope the officials want chelsea to win the CL then, that way we finally get the benefit of an agenda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluedave said:

Yeah I've seen that somewhere before. I think VAR cameras have much more than 25 FPS but the point still stands, the technology is still not capable of making such close calls.

Hawkeye uses high speed cameras, VAR just uses TV cameras. You often see them cycling through the frames and trying to decide between a frame where the foot hasn't kicked the ball yet and one where the ball has left the ground from being kicked. The benefit should be to the attacker so in situations like those, you should use the "pre-kick" frame but they don't, Heck even more accurate would be to draw lines for both frames and use an average.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Considering we’re in the champions league final season this year people do give a crap about top 4 because we wouldn’t had been there if we finished out of the top 4 last season.

Last season was different. We overachieved.

This season Roman went full pelt. Even sacked Lamps when Top 4 was in jeopardy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

Maybe the Var was dodgy. 
 

but what did we create today.? Apart from a super save by Kasper? Yes first half we had control of the game. But I can’t remember any clear chance. 
 

finals are won by individual brilliance and that’s that.

we need to get a win on Tuesday and against villa! 
 

lastly, changing goal keepers can’t be healthy it seems to disrupt that back line. I want mendy in goal from now on Thomas ! 

Edited by Jezq8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Well it was, because it in the end, it killed any hope of us winning the game. Yes we were bad, but being bad doesn't mean we deserve to be on the end of a decision like this.

 

No it isn't because if you require it to save you from losing then you weren't playing good enough to win the game normally, and it was still offside no matter how much people whine.

Edited by embattle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

Our overall performance just wasn't good enough

Fine details decide finals...their keeper made a wonderful save to deny Mount, Kepa again was beat from distance

In order to win games you have to shoot on target, we don't anywhere near enough

Our run has been amazing since TT came in, there though has been a lack of goals, we simply must get more body's in the box in open play

The changes were too late by TT  today, the right ones were made but at the wrong times

VAR again reared its ugly head, until we get the exact frame the ball leaves the passing players foot it will always be controversial. Maybe you should only be  offside with your legs?

Not a good time to go on a losing run, now we will see if TT can earn his money

 

I know you can not win them all, but it was winnable - TT fluffed his starting line, but in his defense he gives a chance (in false hope) to players who are just not good enough and will never be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SaS said:

We didn't lose because of VAR or any other conspiracy. We lost because we continually pass the ball sideways in front of a well prepared defence. We lost because we cannot create a chance from 9 corners. We lost because we left too many non-performing players on the pitch - waiting until 67 minutes to take off Ziyech is a poor decision, particularly in light of taking off the likes of Gilmour at half-time. We lost because Tuchel thought having James stop Vardy was more important than having James create space and dangerous crosses up front - Dave is a great full-back and captain but he is not, and never will be, a wing-back. We lost because we were poor in the second-half. This loss was, like the Arsenal game, all in our own hands. It's pointless blaming anyone else.

I agree about Azpi playing WB took me a while to notice, thought James was having the game of his life in stopping Vardy and then realised he was playing CB not WB.

Ziyech should have come off earlier or he should have played Havertz form the start.

I also thought Mendy should have played.

I'm wondering if TT's sense of honour and the chaps that got us to the final were being given the chance to contest it above playing our strongest side.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Maybe the Var was dodgy. 
 

but what did we create today.? Apart from a super save by Kasper? Yes first half we had control of the game. But I can’t remember any clear chance. 
 

finals are won by individual brilliance and that’s that.

we need to get a win and Tuesday and against villa! 
 

lastly, changing goal keepers can’t be healthy it seems to disrupt that back line. I want mendy in goal from now on Thomas ! 

 

I thought we play Leicester again on Tuesday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, embattle said:

 

I thought we play Leicester again on Tuesday. 

We do I said we need a win on Tuesday and then against villa after that 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's about time there was an independent enquiry about these referees in the Premier League.  Just check it out and see where they come from. Northern Man U fan Mike Riley is responsible for appointing them. There are none from London or the South. The number of times that 'referees' like that bent asshole Taylor referees a Man U game is a joke. Check the number of them from the Manchester area. It's on Wikipedia.  Mourinho was right regarding referees and Chelsea. There was definitely an agenda against us today both by the officials and certainly the BBC who were desperate to win it for Lineker. The commentator was virtually cheering when our goal was chalked off. Also, in about 30 close ups of the fans during the game, about 6 were of Chelsea fans. We played crap but......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Sorry but I dont see even mendy saving that. It was a f**king rocket 

For me, Mendy in goal might not save that but Tielemans won't try a long range shot with Mendy in goal.

With Kepa, you know he dives with the wrong hand. Habits is hard to change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!