Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21

31 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

Bring home the cup lads,it's just a shame we can't be there to cheer you on.

FB_IMG_1621063442461.jpg

I thought the only quadruplets in our squad were the Kantés, but we seem to have more. Only Ziyech is a single :laugh2:

42 minutes ago, Sindre said:

How many tickets did we get for the game? Will be lovely to play in front of supporters again.

6000ish to each club. Just under 10,000 going to local (aka London based) key workers/NHS which while not idle for the actual fans I don’t see as a bad thing this year of all years.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RMH said:

Absolutely, the European Cup, Cup Winers Cup and UEFA Cup were ideal. I loved the CWC, it gave the Cup a reason to be and was bloody interesting. Now the Cup gives yo entry to the UEFA Cup equivalent, second tier European tournament. It’s unfair that a cup winner goes to the second tier when the 4th classified goes to the top tier. For us oldies, the cup has a meaning, but rationally ending top 4 gives you entrance to the top league of Europe. Arsenal has won the FA Cup several times in the last few years and they are still a mid table team with a loser mentality. Give the Cup winner access to the CL and the Arsenals of the PL won’t win it again.

I think the only solution would be to let the cup winners enter the UCL through the qualifying phase and not automatically like the top 4.  I am sure that will make Arsenal , Tottenham,Everton and the rest respect the FA cup more...

For me though top 4 all day.. The reason  we were able to sign Kai,Werner,ziyech,Tiago silva and have the chance to win the UCL this year is because we finished 4th unlike Arsenal who beat us in the Fa cup last year.

Edited by The Don Antonio

53 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I think the only solution would be to let the cup winners enter the UCL through the qualifying phase and not automatically like the top 4.  I am sure that will make Arsenal , Tottenham,Everton and the rest respect the FA cup more...

For me though top 4 all day.. The reason  we were able to sign Kai,Werner,ziyech,Tiago silva and have the chance to win the UCL this year is because we finished 4th unlike Arsenal who beat us in the Fa cup last year.

Here here.  Outsider, new to Euro Club rooting interest, but is seems y’all have lopped the balls off of what should be your Super Bowl.

Goes without saying I hope we win but if we don't it won't bother me as much as it used to simply because there's a good chance we'll be in the final next year. The FA cup has lost some of it's lustre especially for the big clubs Pompey winning it in 2008 was a once in a lifetime for them not for us. is it 10 finals since 97 that we've been in ?. Also having the semis at Wembley has lessened the impact of making it to the final bring back neutral grounds but they never will.

20 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

I forgot to turn off my alarm and now I have maximum hours to be anxious about the final yay. I did dream of winning a CL semi final in a pub I never been to before.. so, good omen??

You know what you could do with this extra time don’t you...

13 hours ago, Nibs said:

Hear this argument  so many times for some years now. So sad that the once great trophy is now deemed almost an irrelevance in the modern game. The FA Cup Final used to be THE biggest event in the football calendar. It was the highlight  - we all wanted our team to win the FA Cup and we all dreamed of scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final at Wembley. Now folk see finishing top 4 as more important. I've spoken to a number of people over the last couple of days, talking about the final and some didn't even realise it was the final this week nor who was playing in it! It's become just another televised game and it has lost practically everything that once made it so special.

Boy, how the greedy f**kers who run football have changed things for the worst. Call me an old romantic and i know it will never happen but if it was put to the vote, I would abolish the CL and Europa League and return to the old system of European Cup for title winners, Cup Winners Cup and Uefa Cup how it used to be - two leg knock-out and none of the boring old league sh*t. They were all trophies worth winning back then - money has ruined the game.

Anyway, lets hope we win the old trophy again tomorrow and add it to our list of honours (for those newer to the game, finishing 4th is not a listed honour).

Post of the day Nibs. Couldn't have put it better myself. The cup has always had a special meaning in my heart, the first time I'd seen my team win something in 1970. I remember going daft when Webby scored and it felt so good going into school the following day as the only Chelsea fan. My mum wrote to the club and they sent me a letter from Dave Sexton plus a pack or programmes, brochures and some signed pics of the players. They made a young fan very happy.

The thing though that is also special about the Cup is that many years later most fans could actually tell you about the cup upsets that occurred from time to time, not just the ones that involved your own team. Moments that stick in the memory forever. The underdog was always favoured on final day, hence why so many remember 1970. It is a competition for the fans. Why they seemed fit to bugger around with it so much is beyond me. Again we see it played on the same day as general fixtures, no longer the last showpiece game of the season on the final day and even worse the 5.15 kickoff. Like most things in football we now have a watered down version and we are all now governed to the most important part of the game is how much money you have as opposed to actually winning cups.

4 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Anyone noticed the media bias again ahead of this game...like last season which was all Arsenal, it's all Leicester this year...

BBC news this morning was all Leicester and I was thinking are there not 2 teams in this final.

To be expected I suppose, and if Leicester were playing any of the other bigger teams I’d be backing them too.

2 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

OK got the beers in but oh no now I have no more money for that shirt I was *just* going to buy

Just buy a Palace one, much cheaper and nobody will notice the difference :good2:

I feel we could be having the same argument next year about our lovely new home shirt :laugh2:

2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Just buy a Palace one, much cheaper and nobody will notice the difference :good2:

I feel we could be having the same argument next year about our lovely new home shirt :laugh2:

The truth is I thought I could get it for mighty cheap but it turned out that people were buying it anyway, in fact they don't even have my size anymore...

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’ll counter argue that with one (very) simple thing;

@PloKoon13

Surprisingly enough I've actually held off so far! Don't worry though, it's coming... just want to get some chores out of the way before getting rat-arsed later.

I will add though that anyone who is on the morning liquor has my full support - it's FA Cup Final day after all!

Edited by PloKoon13

I'm trying to keep myself from sitting on the sofa, catatonic from fear, by cycling back and forth to the local waste collection site. And no, not just for fun, but to actually getting rid of broken down electronics collected through the years. This has been followed by a visit to the DIY store, which I hate even more than Ikea, for some paint colour samples.

Still five and a half hours to go. I'm still fwightened. I need booze.

30 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I'm trying to keep myself from sitting on the sofa, catatonic from fear, by cycling back and forth to the local waste collection site. And no, not just for fun, but to actually getting rid of broken down electronics collected through the years. This has been followed by a visit to the DIY store, which I hate even more than Ikea, for some paint colour samples.

Still five and a half hours to go. I'm still fwightened. I need booze.

This is why I have a cup final bbq, keeps me occupied during the day! 

Imagine what it’ll be like in two weeks when kick off is at 8pm! :greysweat:

Need to win.

A loss here and I fear everything derails. A good performance and a title should give us excactly what we need for the three games following this one.

A morning with full of chills!

Big game, every final is a game the players train and play for. Our last performance should not affect on our game, we're in positive form and today we have to give everything to get this cup.

Let's hope the manager is ready, players are ready and fans are ready. We're here to win, nothing less!

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Sorry about the confusion with the date earlier lol!

Absolutely buzzing for the game today! If we turn up we should be alright, 1-0 to the future Champions of Europe. 

EDIT----

Oh! and a win today means we overtake Spurs in FA Cup wins! Mad to think that back in 91 they had 8 and we only had 1.

Edited by Eight Times